View Single Post
Old 22-05-2006, 19:49   #5
Tonks
Unspeakable

Re: Dumbledore's trust in Snape

Sorry Alzy man.

I have to disagree and semi-expand on something Snuffles brought up.

I really think that there's more to it than that as well. Yeah, Harry told Ron & Co. that Dumbledore trusted Snape because of this.. yet at the time, it seemed too simple of a reason. If i remember right, Ron agreed to this and had an interesting shocked reaction to this pronouncement.

I guess I just have a really hard time believing that something so little as regret has led to Dumbledore trusting Snape implicitly. I guess that is his greatness speaking - that he gives people second chances and wishes to see the best in people - but then again, it may also have truly been his downfall.

Excuse the thinking out loud a bit here please.. I just think its a bit of skimpy reason on Dumbledore's part and isn't quite enough for me. That is all.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote