View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 21:28   #5
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Tom Riddle's Motivation

I think as much as Riddle may have had motivations and aspirations - he was still fearful of having to go back to the orphanage.
But look at it this way - if he did - he would have been removed from Hogwarts and the chamber - as such his work would have to stop again!
You can look at his actions in many ways - from a genuine dislike/fear of being back in the orphanage all the way to him being scared/annoyed/upset of being removed from the Chamber - especially as it seem he was just realising what it was all about.
I think his motivations in asking the question stemed from that fact he was finally home and needed to work some more on what the Chamber was and what secrets it held - he was in a place only a true decendant of Salazar could access and probably for one felt at home and like he was finally finding himself.
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote