Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating Book 7 - Deathly Hallows

Predicating Book 7 - Deathly Hallows Predictions on the events and happenings of Book 7.

View Poll Results: Harry a Horcrux?
Yes 5 45.45%
No 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-07-2005, 04:56   #1
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Thumbs up Harry is a Horcrux

Prediction: Harry is a Horcrux
I think that Harry will work out in book 7 that he is one of Voldemort's Horcrux.

Evidence or Support
Think about it - Voldemort's mortality has never been in so much question if it wasnt for Harry Potter.
By making Harry one of his horcrux - he always lives!

If Harry kills himself - then Voldemort's mortality is saved - afterall the one to bring about his end is Harry!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 06:17   #2
Tonks
Unspeakable

Re: Harry is a Horcrux

Voted
Nope -

Reasoning
I really think that if this were so, Harry would be somewhat more aware of it and his ties to Voldemort would not just consist of the certain dreams and flashes of feelings Dumbledore thought could be blocked by Occlumency. If he really was part of his soul, I don't think such things could be blocked, and it think it would be too risky for Voldemort to place part of his soul in a human baby - an animal is risky enough but I think a person is even more so. Also, if he were a Horcrux I think he would be going through some of the same things Ginny did when Voldemort possessed her - not knowing where she'd been at certain times, etc. .. but he doesn't seem to be..

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 07:11   #3
Snuffles
the keepr of the Veil

Voted: Naw...

Reason: As Dumbledore said, Harry would have to destroy all of the Horcruxes before he actually gets to kill Voldemort. So... what does that mean if Harry is a Horcrux? Harry would have to kill himself in order to kill Voldemort? Then why does Voldemort fear Harry so much? Yes, sure, he pretends not to be scared and always sneers at Harry, the teenaged wizard, but if Voldemort isn't scared or bothered the least about Harry, why is he so eager to kill him? I don't think Voldemort would even risk that, anyway. And I thought Slughorn said a Horcrux has to be "an object outside your body." or something along the lines.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him? croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey!"

"NOT MY DAUGTER, YOU B****!" -Mrs. Weasely

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" said Ron.
Snuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 07:11   #4
Sirius-fan-forever
TFH Graduate

Voted: No

Reasoning:

Well, I think no only because as voldemort was going to kill Harry after he killed his parents, it doesn't make sense to make him a horcrux. I don't think he would be strong enough to make harry a horcrux after the spell backfired. I am thinking that this spell requires strong magic and can't just be done off the top of your head. If Harry was a Horcrux, I don't think voldemort would be pursuing Harry so badly. Unless all this was done without his knowing, I don't think it's likely.
Sirius-fan-forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 22:38   #5
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

No-

I think Harry's scar is the horcrux, but an accidental and incomplete one. They are still connected in part, which is why they can access each others minds.
I think that priori incantatem and the effect that has on the brother wands will come into play in the final battle. Harry may not have to kill himself, but he will have to be hurt badly enough to shift that piece of soul. Exploding wands could do it. JKR said the scar is important, and this is my explanation for it.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:58   #6
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Voted: No

When Voldemort makes a Horcrux he has to use a specific spell. I don't think that is something you could do accidentally.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 06:11   #7
halliemei
TFH Graduate

Voted Yes.

My reasoning is very long. Go to the thread on Harry is a Horcrux under Wild Speculation for a theory. The gist . . . VM is smarter than we think but even he makes mistakes.
halliemei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:16   #8
Vestral
A Seeker of Sorts

I voted yes, but I too believe that only Harry's scar contains the Horcrux... see my theories in Harry is a Horcrux and Trophy Kills...

Vestral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 13:38   #9
Pip
TFH Graduate

I voted yes! I gave a good explanation as to why Harry inadvertantly became a Horcrux in the 'Harry is a Horcrux' thread. There is definitely something strange about the connection between Harry and LV and unless/until we get any more info on it in book seven, this is the most plausible reason as to why it has occured!

CoS 'Voldemort transferred some of his powers to me?' (Harry)
'Unintentionally, but it would seem so, yes' (DD)

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."
Cornelius Fudge, HBP ch 1

WHY ARE YOU WORRING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

HBP
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote