Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Poll: Are you planning to attend a party on DH release eve?
Poll Options
Are you planning to attend a party on DH release eve?

Old 18-07-2007, 10:56   #11
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

Talking Re: Local gatherings on DH release eve....

I totally didn't realize the release was this weekend, so I just cancelled all my plans for the weekend (Some people were not so forgiving when I gave them the reason, but they will have to get over it ) and my mom and I are going to the Barnes and Noble about an hour from my home town. I am so excited
Weasleyfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 20:01   #12
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Local gatherings on DH release eve....

I am going to be at a Barnes and Noble in California - well planning to at least!
Dependant on how my wisdom teeth extraction goes tomorrow will be how well I look or how long I will be stood around but I will be there at midnight to get my book - hell or high water!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 04:26   #13
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

OUCH!

That was some unfortunate timing for certain! Best wishes on some good pain meds that won't make you too sleepy to read and party!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 04:29   #14
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

Ohh come off it.....
"Rub some dirt on it" as they would say in good ol' texas.
Wisdom tooth or not, book will take the pain away........
good luck mate.

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 05:12   #15
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

lol, alz! i just had one of my wisdom teeth extracted last sunday. took less than five minutes, and was relatively painless. after about 6 shots though...
i got the stitch out today, so i will be pain free for saturday
Old 19-07-2007, 11:06   #16
Luna
TFH Graduate

Did I do my sums right? Wisdom teeth out on your birthday Alz?! Here's hoping for a quick and painless recovery and hope the rest of the day was fun.

I'm off to our local book store for the midnight release along with my 2 eldest kids and a couple of friends. Hard to tell who's the most excited!! I've also got it ordered from Amazon as a back up plan so I don't miss out on reading it if the eldest tries to get first dibs!
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 15:58   #17
Arwan
TFH Graduate

I found this info for Toronto

Toronto: Harry Potter Launch
Indigo Books is closing down Bay Street (between Bloor St. and Charles St.) and converting it into Diagon Alley. At 8:00 pm on Friday, July 20th, hop aboard our Hogwarts Express Trackless Train and enter the magical world of Harry Potter.

Main Stage Entertainment
Magic Show
Critters Animal Show
Fire Juggling Show
Children's Musician Jen Gould
Juno Award-Winning Band – The Satellites

The Knight Bus
Our very own Double Decker Bus will be parked right in front of the store. Step inside the wizard bus to create wands, have your face painted, and other crafts, or you can have your palm read by a fortune teller.

Diagon Alley
Take a stroll down Diagon Alley (formerly known as Bay Street) and enjoy activities for all ages, for all muggles, and for all wizards!

The Shrieking Shack – Our very own haunted house, situated in the town of Hogsmeade.
The Hogwarts Inflatable Slide – At the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, there are a hundred and forty-two staircases that keep moving around – try and keep up!
The Hogwarts Bouncy Castle – Where witches and wizards can train (and bounce) in safety.
The Dueling Challenge – Club started by Professor Lockhart to teach students how to duel with spells. Try and stay on before your opponent falls off.
The Quidditch Basketball Challenge – The wizarding national sport. Our version includes two players and two balls for scoring. You’re the chaser trying to score through one of the hoops.
Gringotts Money Machine – Step into the wizarding bank and grab as many gold Galleons as you can before the time runs out. You may win a prize!
Meet Hedwig the Owl – Harry's owl and mail courier. Harry bought Hedwig from Eeylops' Owl Emporium.
Mad Science Potions Class – For wizards only! Make your very own slime.

I wish I could go to this one but it is about 3 hrs away, I'll be going to Chapters in London, ON, but I have not found any info on what they might be doing.
Arwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 16:28   #18
Padma Patil
Dumbledore's Girl

Wow, lots going on in Toronto...

Alz, all I can say is good luck and carry a bottle of Tylonel.

Kashlie, I could kick you, we are currently in the middle of summer up here and the humidity plus the already repulsive heat is nearly killing us!

As for me, I am going to The Little Professor Book Store about 45 minutes away from where I live because it is the closest place that will sell it at midnight. My friend and I might hit the library down the street first though for the party there because my aunt and uncle will be supervisors there. However once I have the book, my friend is going to read to me on the drive home and then I am going to lock myself in my bedroom untill I finish reading.... Cheers!

"Look . . . at . . . me. . . ." he whispered.
- Severus Snape
DH pg. 658 Ch. 32 (US edition)
Padma Patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 16:31   #19
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashlie View Post
lol, alz! i just had one of my wisdom teeth extracted last sunday. took less than five minutes, and was relatively painless. after about 6 shots though...
i got the stitch out today, so i will be pain free for saturday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Did I do my sums right? Wisdom teeth out on your birthday Alz?! Here's hoping for a quick and painless recovery and hope the rest of the day was fun.

I'm off to our local book store for the midnight release along with my 2 eldest kids and a couple of friends. Hard to tell who's the most excited!! I've also got it ordered from Amazon as a back up plan so I don't miss out on reading it if the eldest tries to get first dibs!
I just posted a teeth update but to sum up - if you see some guy with a massive swollen lip and side of head - speaking English - that will be me, trust me the odds of another are staggering!
I'm hoping I will feel better tommorow after the trauma of today - but as I said before, I will be there at midnight no matter what!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 19:48   #20
Horntail88
TFH Graduate

I know there's a midnight party going on at the Barnes & Noble in the Irving Mall, for anyone near D/FW. Personally, I'm being forced to go to a dinner party, but that wouldn't matter because I've got it online pre-ordered and it's being shipped to me.
Horntail88 is offline   Reply With Quote