Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Poll: Who do you think the Head Boy will be?
Poll Options
Who do you think the Head Boy will be?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 13:28   #21
Nagini
Time Turners

Re: Head Boy

Yeah I am liking Ernie a lot and I agree with what you say about scar head and Draco. Also Ron has shown no leadership skills whatsoever - unless he improves then I can't see it going to him. I was thinking, if the HBP is a student then perhaps he will become Head Boy - he has a year to make an impression or he might already be a student!
Old 07-02-2005, 12:54   #22
HPfan4ever
Mature Graduates

Well I'm not really sure. I think it's between Harry and Neville. I know I'm weird but seriously. Ron's got his share of glory by being prefect. The reason why I picked Neville because too many people underestimate him. I think he might prove something by becoming head boy. He's already shown in OOTP that he can fit into Gryfffindor. It will fit into the importance of Neville. In book six he will prove that he belongs in gryffindor (in my opinion he has already proved that). The next book I think he might show some leadership. Not really over Harry and the others but just generally be someone that people envy. It seems far fetched but knowing JKR, she can create a lot of twists.
HPfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:44   #23
Boing
Pops in randomly

I don't think Neville is too far-fetched. If he lives long enough, he could certainly be Head Boy. Is Head Boy a seventh-year? I'm out of it, sorry!

He's definitely gained ground and looks to have an explosion of sorts in the next book - really coming into his own I think.

I just don't think Harry will get it. Dumbledore has already said he's got enough on his plate without having to worry about what other people are doing.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:58   #24
HPfan4ever
Mature Graduates

Yeah I'm pretty sure head boy is 7th year. I agree... Harry does have too much responsibility without being prefect and in the 7th book he's going to have even more responsibility. He would never be able to handle the job of head boy. James Potter was head boy but he had nothing to worry about unlike Harry. I can not see Ron leading the pack. And I'm sure Dumbledore (if he survives till book 7) will know that Draco isn't capable of leading people that are different from him.
HPfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2005, 07:54   #25
Hermione
Auror

I think it would create drama if Draco were Head boy, but I don't want to see it happern, it would be so bad for Harry, Hermione and Ron.

I agree, Neville is capiable of being head boy. He can really do things, remember Dumbledore's Army when he got so good in such a short span of time? I think he could be good at it, and it could give him some much needed confidence.
Old 09-03-2005, 14:14   #26
Wiggy
I'm a N00b

I vote Ron, i think he'll surprise us again. woohoo( )
Wiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 13:57   #27
Padma Patil
Dumbledore's Girl

I voted Harry.

Mainly because his father was Head Boy.

"Look . . . at . . . me. . . ." he whispered.
- Severus Snape
DH pg. 658 Ch. 32 (US edition)
Padma Patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 21:35   #28
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

I think Ron will for some reason. I was thinking that only prefects could have a shot at being head boy/girl, but I guess that isn't the case, as James Potter became headboy in his time, and he hadn't been a prefect had he?
Old 29-04-2005, 04:48   #29
kaz
Professor of Potterology

I voted for Neville- honestly...I swirled the mouse around the poll options and that's what it landed on! I really think that any of them could be Head Boy and have reasons for all of them but I could only pick one!

Neville because Dumbledore likes for the students to prove themselves for themselves. What better way to show Neville that he could be a good leader than to throw him in head first. We have seen that Neville is a competent wizard but he doesn't believe in himself- each time he has had a bit of encouragement he comes forward in leaps and bounds!

BUT- I would like for it to be Harry so we can see what is is like in the meetings etc...
kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 05:24   #30
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

I voted Ron. I agree with Tink, Ron saw his greatest hearts desire in the Mirror of Erised. Dumbledore told Harry in SS/PS that he saw what the mirror showed Ron. He told Harry in OotP that he made Ron Prefect because Harry "had enough responsibility to be going on with." I don't think that's going to change as the story concludes, and personally, I don't think Harry would want the added responsibility in light of what he learned regarding the prophecy and what he has to prepare for magically and emotionally. Ron has been a loyal friend and a help in Harry's exploits thus far - I think Dumbledore will reward him for that, if not with the title of Quidditch Captain, at least Head Boy so he can have some form of personally perceived respect in the male hierarchy of the Weasley family. I think the title of Quidditch Captain is reserved for Harry. Less responsibility and it's the one thing at Hogwarts that he truly loves and would also put both Ron and Harry on even ground in their final year.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote