Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Deathly Hallows - Analysis

Deathly Hallows - Analysis A look deeper into the mysteries and clues resolved in the book.

Old 05-08-2007, 15:54   #1
Snuffles
the keepr of the Veil

Wink Questions about Deathly Hallows

Hi all.
I've just really finished the Deathly Hallows.
I had read most of the book within two days, but I kept putting off reading the epilogue because... well, I simply didn't want the Harry Potter series--which I grew up with--to end!

But I just couldn't resist the temptation and finally read the epilogue.
I thought the entire novel was awesome, except it would have been nice to mention what happened to all the others, such as the Dursleys, the rest of the Order, etc etc. On the whole, though, I thought Deathly Hallows was an awesome finish to this mega series. It's like, our parents had the Lord of the Rings to pass down, and we have the Harry Potter series to pass down to our children.

I just hope people don't try to extend the story on and on, like the Star Wars saga, which would have been great if it werent' for the extensive the New Jedi Order stuff.

Anyway, here are some questions that I've been asking as I was reading the DH.
Feel free to share your thoughts!!

1) How could Voldemort "fly"? As seen in his chase of Harry as they go to the Burrows, and as Voldemort goes to look for Grindelwald.

2) How were the members of the Order able to come to the Dursley's house on the night of Harry's escape? If the Death Eaters have been watching the neighborhood for the entire night, surely they noticed the Order on their way to the Dursley's?

3) Who did Snape pass off as the "source we discussed" to [B]Voldemort[/]? Remember, when Voldemort asked him where his information comes from, Snape says, "From the source we discussed." So who did Snape say was the source?

4) What was Dumbledore doing in the King's Cross? Why hadn't he... gone "on"?

5) Do we finally understand why Dumbledore had the glimpse of triumph at the end of GoF?

6) So, what do you think were Lily's and James' (Harry's parents) jobs? How did they get all the gold?

7) Do you think Harry would see the Dursleys again?

8) Who do you think would be the next Hogwarts headmaster?

"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him? croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey!"

"NOT MY DAUGTER, YOU B****!" -Mrs. Weasely

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" said Ron.

Last edited by Snuffles; 06-08-2007 at 15:39..
Snuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 23:40   #2
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

Re: Questions about Deathly Hallows

1) How could Voldemort "fly"? As seen in his chase of Harry as they go to the Burrows, and as Voldemort goes to look for Grindelwald.

no idea!

2) How were the members of the Order able to come to the Dursley's house on the night of Harry's escape? If the Death Eaters have been watching the neighborhood for the entire night, surely they noticed the Order on their way to the Dursley's?

disillusionment charms, i suppose? i think something about that was mentioned?

3) Who did Snape pass off as the "source we discussed" to Voldemort? Dumbledore, Mundungus, or somebody else?

i assumed it was Mundungus

It was Harry who brought him there, at least, that was the impression that I got. Dumbledore could go to the place known as 'limbo' but he wasn't a ghost, so couldn't be seen by anyone but Harry, because they kind of met in Harry's head

5) Do we finally understand why Dumbledore had the glimpse of triumph at the end of GoF?

I think this had something to do with Voldemort using Harry's blood. Dumbledore had suspicions there that Harry wouldn't die, as he was part of the final piece of Voldemort's soul, and Voldemort had instilled some of Lily's protection in himself. It does get confusing.

6) So, what do you think were Lily's and James' (Harry's parents) jobs? How did they get all the gold?

I have always believed that they were Aurors?

7) Do you think Harry would see the Dursleys again?

I think he may have sought them out eventually, even if they were unaware of his presence.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:41   #3
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

I always believed that James and Lily were unspeakables for Ministry.
They could have been high end Aurors too.......

I think the whole Voldemort could fly thing looked scary at first, but then no explanation and no later use was kind of lame.

I thought the reason Death eaters didnt attack the Order first was, they just wanted to make sure that they have Harry first. Once they knew Harry was in open, they started attacking for the kill. If they had attacked first, they would have risked Harry not come out at all.

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54   #4
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

He was a dark wizard. He must have found a way.

The Dursley's went earlier than Harry. I assume they were not there yet watching the house? Or like someone said a disillusionment charm.

3) Who did Snape pass off as the "source we discussed" to Voldemort? Dumbledore, Mundungus, or somebody else?

It was Mundungus. Dumbledore's portrait told Snape to plant the idea into his head.

Harry went to a "holding station" and didn't quite cross over yet. Dumbledore met him there to discuss things and then harry went back and Dumbledore crossed back over. It's like a near death experience where you se your loved ones and you make your choice or you are told you arrived too early and you go back into your body.

I think this had something to do with Voldemort using Harry's blood. Dumbledore had suspicions there that Harry wouldn't die, as he was part of the final piece of Voldemort's soul, and Voldemort had instilled some of Lily's protection in himself. It does get confusing.

Well James was related to the Pervells who seem to be a pure blood family with money. I thought JK said that his family had money so I assume it was from his inheritance. I always thought that were devoted to the Order so they didn't really work. Plus they were in hiding for awhile.

7) Do you think Harry would see the Dursleys again

I would hope maybe Harry and Dudley would talk on occasion. But I doubt that Vernon and Petunia would see him.

Last edited by Seeker615; 06-08-2007 at 12:58.. Reason: screwed up!
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 21:00   #5
Piper
TFH Graduate

The Voldemort flying thing was something that I expected to see more of too, I had forgotten about it, because they were all very excited about it. When Gregorovitch was first mentioned, I thought it was going to be that he was some famous person who could fly and had been captured to teach Voldemort. Because there was some confusion about whether he was a quiddich player. I thought that Voldemort flying was going to be a big thing later as well.

I thought that she had came out and stated that Lily and James were Aurors, when Harry was disappointed that he couldn't become one because he had not scored high enough in Potions, and found out that Slughorn would accept him with the lower grade. But I never took it that they got all of their gold from their jobs, I had assumed that James inherited that gold.

Certainly Harry would have seen the Dursleys again, because that is what we muggle raised people do, we spend the most important holidays of the year with people that we really cannot stand, just because we are related to them.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 21:40   #6
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

i assume the voldemort flying thing was added for when the movie comes out, that will be quite scary to see