Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Book, Film news and Polls! > Official JKRowling Website info

Official JKRowling Website info All the information from JK Rowling's official site

Old 05-05-2007, 12:01   #1
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

New Wizard of the Month - A Clue

JKRs site has been updated with the new wizard of the month, Helga Hufflepuff.

It says:

HELGA HUFFLEPUFF
(Midevil, precise dates unknown)
One of four celebrated Founders of
of Hogwarts, Hufflepuff was particularly
famous for her dexterity at food-related
Charms. Many recipes traditionally served at
Hogwarts feasts originated with Hufflepuff

So Helga Hufflepuff was probably the Charms teacher in her days and we know her cup was one of the things that Dumbledore thought Voldemort had used for a Horcrux. There is also the reference to food.

Any clues here?

Also, does anyone know if she is the first Founder of Hogwarts to be listed as wizard of the month?

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:46   #2
horcruxfinder
TFH Graduate

Re: New Wizard of the Month - A Clue

We also know her house common rooms are located down by the kitchen - thus her reputation with food is continued. I am assuming there may be some sort of chamber down there where her treasures may be found. My dau pointed out to me that her jewels in the picture have three colors - representing three houses not four - she thinks Slytherin is missing.
Old 05-05-2007, 18:19   #3
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

OK . . . When it was first posted, I checked the WotM and Helga was wearing a tiara . . . I looked today, and it is just something like a headband . . . what does that mean?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 19:50   #4
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcruxfinder View Post
We also know her house common rooms are located down by the kitchen - thus her reputation with food is continued.
I forgot about the Hufflepuff's common room being near the kitchen. But still, if she was the Charms teacher, I wonder if she might have done something to her cup. I think the clue is more in the fact that she was good at Charms. It reminds me of what has been said about Lily. She too was good at Charms.

Also, as to the posting, I find it odd that the date of her life is not listed. It only says, midevil, precise dates unknown. She was a celebrated head of Hogwarts. I would think that if there wasn't something fishy in the fact that there is no known date of her existence, maybe that is a clue. The birthdate of someone famous would surely be noted somewhere. Maybe the clue is the fact that she died mysteriously or just disappeared and no one actually knows when she died. She was good with Charms, maybe there is a clue in that fact. Maybe there is a charm she used and is in fact not dead. Think of Nicholas Flamel. Think of Voldemort's quest for immortality. I know it's stretching the theory, but maybe that was why he was so interested in her cup. Not because it belonged to a founder of Hogwarts, but because it had other properties he needed. Properties placed upon the cup by Helga herself. Wouldn't it be a kick if Professor Sprout was Helga Hufflepuff, or maybe Professor McGonagall.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 23:09   #5
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

maybe her 'chamber' is the kitchen. she probably also had a hand in the spell thats makes the food appear on the plates. Im too exhausted to think this out to much, i think ill just get a nice surprise if anything about her comes up in DH, maybe there is info about her in Hogwarts: a history?.

Last edited by happy_hannah; 05-05-2007 at 23:11.. Reason: add more
happy_hannah is offline   Reply With Quote