Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Chamber of Secrets

Discussions on Chamber of Secrets "In my fifth year, The Chamber of Secrets was opened ..."

Old 12-03-2005, 13:55   #11
Nagini
Time Turners

Re: why only Tom Riddle??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kausarqadir
Gini you are forgetting something.... he has a muggle father.
but yes i like your theory about Grindlewald.
I hadn't forgotten, I just think it needs to be considered too. There are too many muggle borns at Hogwarts and too much emphasis being placed upon being a pure blood etc. What I mean is, its possible that Riddles father and even one of his parents came from or were related to wizards - the same way that Harry is related to the Dursleys. It might explain why Riddles father freaked out when he found out his wife/gf was a witch.
Old 13-03-2005, 06:16   #12
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Although the heir should be pureblood just to carry on the tradtion - the fact Tom mum looks to be the final blood relative means that Tom got the job by virtue of no-one else of purer blood existed.
While I am sure Salazar isnt overjoyed that the last decendant is a half blood with no family to carry on the blood lines - well what can he do
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 08:39   #13
kausarqadir
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
While I am sure Salazar isnt overjoyed that the last decendant is a half blood with no family to carry on the blood lines - well what can he do
hahaha, must be regretting to put the theory of only PUREBLOODS in school....
and leaving his friends and school.
also, have to work out to make and keep the chamber of secrets.
by the way, what do you think, y making chamber of secrets? has he thought of it being used by his heir?
kausarqadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 08:34   #14
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Salazar created that place as a self proclaimed shrine to his own ignorance - when he was unable to get the other founders to see his point of view he subversively created a place where a worship to his misguided views can be realised.
He knew that whoever was deciding from him would always find their roots in this place - and I am sure there is a great deal more to the Chamber than what we saw in CoS - which is why it was never sealed or destroyed post CoS - it was just opened and we saw that it was there.
Salazar placed elements in there we will see later on I am sure - things that any descendant of his could make full use of.
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006, 10:36   #15
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

i believe heir of slytherin has a sort of double meaning:

1) Literal Heir of Slytherin being the flesh and blood descendant with the gift of Parseltongue and the want to kill the muggle-borns and blood-traitors in Hogwarts (since there are half-bloods in Slytherin house, which makes me believe that slytherin didnt care if u were pure-blood or half-blood, so long as you were not a muggle-born and had a contempt for muggle-borns and muggles)

2) the Parseltongue Heir: since the chamber of secrets needs to be opened by a wizard who can speak parseltongue, i would assume that ANY wizard who can speak parselmouth could open the chamber (after all, harry was able to open the chamber, and he has no relation to slytherin)

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote