Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Welcome to The Final Horcrux > All the information you need about The Final Horcrux

All the information you need about The Final Horcrux "Whoever's nearest the receiver, dial six two four four two!"

Old 25-07-2007, 21:03   #1
anthony
TFH Graduate

Exclamation Final Thoughts?

i have made this thread for people to just put threr final thonghts
(if a mod feel this should be deleted or moved, sorry for the spam)

This is the end people, the story is over
this is no doubt an emotional time for people
so lets share what we are thinking?

well harry potter was, however not the first novel i read, the first nove in where upon finishing the first book i could not wait to open up the next.
like many of you i fealt an emotional attachment to all of the character and was verry sad to suffer the loss eith the rest of you.

i am sad to see it all end, HP really has been there through my adolessence and somthing i could identify in my own life.

and last a huge thank you to JK Rowling for touching millions with her novels

,anthony

Belive me woman, if i could walk on watter i would strool you out to the middel of the lake and push your head under till the bubbles stoped!!!-- stewie grifin
anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 20:46   #2
Horntail88
TFH Graduate

Re: Final thoughts?

To be honest, when Book 1 first came out, I wasn't interested in it at ALL. Then my friend told me "just read the first 2 chapters and you'll be hooked," and he was right indeed...over these last years, I've grown attached to the storyline, and even more so to fan communities where they discuss possibilities and speculate on characters' histories and whatnot.

I'm hoping this site stays up even though the books are completed. I joined Hogwartsnews.com and met Alzibub back when I was 14, and it's been a pleasure to meet his company and everyone in-between. Even through the Dark Ages of just me, Alz, Nicoela, Nomoon, and Willow posting as this site got revamped.

To think that J.K. Rowling could have created such a phenomenon of millions of people sharing this common interest, you've just got to admire her creativity, enthusiasm, and love.
Horntail88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 12:12   #3
anthony
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horntail88 View Post
I'm hoping this site stays up even though the books are completed. I joined Hogwartsnews.com and met Alzibub back when I was 14, and it's been a pleasure to meet his company and everyone in-between. Even through the Dark Ages of just me, Alz, Nicoela, Nomoon, and Willow posting as this site got revamped.
wow i miss thouse guys!!!
do you know what any of them are up to now??

those were the good old days

Belive me woman, if i could walk on watter i would strool you out to the middel of the lake and push your head under till the bubbles stoped!!!-- stewie grifin
Old 28-07-2007, 17:35   #4
Tonks
Unspeakable

Hey ant, HT.. I believe the two of you would remember back to the days when I was creating chaos in the Hogwartsnews Slytherin Common Room as Snitch02. I've been around since then, although i've certainly been a lot more MIA of late.

I think a big part of me is really sad that Harry Potter is over. Done. Finito. I can't wait to see JKR's Encyclopedia, when she does finally decide to do it. But I can't believe that there will be no more adventures and that Voldemort is finally gone for good.

I've definitely grown up on these books and don't even remember the first time I heard of Harry Potter, although I think somewhere around the 5th grade sounds about right. It's been awhile, it's been great, and Alz and this site have made it so much better.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 22:38   #5
anthony
TFH Graduate

Re: Final Thoughts?

OMG!!!!

Snitch!!!!

how have you been? (pm if to save spam??)

yeah a big thanks to Alz for all that he has given to people through this site!!
yeah i miss the ravenclaw common room it was definately the best
also the friendly banter w/ alz, like when someone made a poll on who was cuter that stayed up for a couple hours (i belive i won by like 3 votes)

so yeah i would definately love this site to stay up also!!

hey alz send me a pm. like what you are up to ect.
last time i talked w/ you, you were worried about turning 30
hope your over that by now??

P.S. what dose TFH Graduate mean? and how did i get it??

Old 30-07-2007, 06:31   #6
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Well I have been more of a recent fan and member to this site, but nonetheless, I still have a bit of an empty feeling knowing that "Harry" is over. Of course, I can open up a book and find my old friends again and again, and I think the best part, My children and grandchildren will still continue to get to know Harry and learn of him. Some of my children will not remember when Harry was not a part of their lives (my 4 year old recognized "Harry Potter" when just a year old) I think I find it quite fitting that Harry did not die, because indeed he will not die in our hearts. Even if Rowling never writes of him again, we can dream and imagine of what fantastic adventures he may yet have, and we can relive our joys in the eyes of our own children and grandchildren as they read and discover Rowling's magical world.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 16:04   #7
Horntail88
TFH Graduate

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...hat-transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
But I can't believe that there will be no more adventures and that Voldemort is finally gone for good.
J.K. Rowling: No, he is not a ghost. He is forced to exist in the stunted form we witnessed in King’s Cross.

So...if he's stuck in limbo too, maybe he'll figure out a way to come back like Harry did?

Also from the interview:

J.K. Rowling: Just because Voldemort was gone, it didn’t mean that there would not be other Dark witches and wizards in the coming years.

Last edited by Horntail88; 30-07-2007 at 16:08..
Horntail88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 08:33   #8
Padma Patil
Dumbledore's Girl

Well, I can honestly say that this journey has taken me to places I never thought I could have gone. I was also an original member on hogwartsnews.com, I was Crookshanks there. For a while I was also a Prefect and then Ravenclaw Head of House. Ahh, the good ol' days!

I have been a Potter fan since my 6th grade (about 12 years old at the time) english teacher read the chapter in the first book about Dudley's birthday to the class. For some reason that annoying snotty kid caught my attention and I went out and bought the book for myself. Since then the journey brought me to the web where I was looking for clues to the next book and stumbled across hogwartsnews. And I think you can guess the rest from there.

Anyway, Harry has been a big part of our lives. In a way, I'm glad its done and there will be no more waiting. But in another way I'm deffinately going to miss everything. I hope the day never comes when we have figured out all of JKR's secrets.

"Look . . . at . . . me. . . ." he whispered.
- Severus Snape
DH pg. 658 Ch. 32 (US edition)
Padma Patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:06   #9
Brycen05
TFH Graduate

yeah I hope that day never comes as well, but that's not to say we won't stop dreaming. I was originally on Hogwartsnews as well in the gryffindor common room. Funny thing was I was sorted twice, but anyway... It's just crazy how this whole journey is over. I was in the 6th grade in Puyallup, WA (it's bigger than you think) when my library teacher read us the chapter about Dudley's birthday. It was wierd because I hadn't been so hooked on one book since I used to make my mom reread the Alladin picture book when I was 3.
To say Harry helped me through adolescence would be a huge understatement. Harry was my escape... when I moved across the country, or when I just couldn't take this world, I could always dip into the next.
As far as how I feel about the ending, I just had to tell myself to be a man and suck it up (lol). I am sad that it's over, but I'm currently trying to figure out how Rowling was able to make me satisfied, I was almost certain that I'd be really sad or upset, but I could accept it. I guess the only thing that bugged me was how open she left Harry's future, but maybe that is why I'm so satisfied, now he can live on in my mind any way he pleases.
I also want to take time out to thank J.K. Rowling, the founders of Hogwartsnews and the founders of the final horcrux (if they're not the same people) I know my membership has been spastic at best, but everytime I wanted to pop in and contribute, this was there. And Jo, if you're there reading, I'm pretty certain your book kinda saved my life. Thanks for dreaming.

"A mind is not to be chang'd by place or time.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven"
Brycen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 14:13   #10
Angelis
TFH Graduate

Smile Re: Final Thoughts?

I am a more recent member but would of love to have known the site as hogwarts.news, sounds great shame i didn't know it then.
i am sad too the books have come to an end , & what a ride it has been but we still all have the movies at least so harry still will carry on.
but we are all really still in limbo the missing years of the book we can only speculate, we wont get the enclopieda for ages ,so the discussion carrys on.
but i will say i loved the books & still cant put hp&tdh down .
Angelis is offline   Reply With Quote