Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Deathly Hallows - The Answers

Deathly Hallows - The Answers Contained within here will be the septology questions & answers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 30-07-2007, 15:46   #11
George
Tom Marvolo Riddle

Re: Open Letter To Jkr- Please Help

Paintball.

It takes all of my self-control to not post an open letter to JKR myself, asking her to give help to all those troubled individuals who have become extremists, in order to fight what they see as being extremist. No names, would, of course, be mentioned, in this hypothetical letter.
So, please cease to write. Begin an objective assessment of benefits derived from Harry Potter instead. Sleep on it for a bit, and get over your disappointment and your ego.

"There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it."

"I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost- but still, I was alive."

"I, who have gone further than anybody along the path that leads to immortality. You know my goal- to conquer death."
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 00:23   #12
Pip
TFH Graduate

Angry Re: Open Letter To Jkr- Please Help

Paintball.

You appear to have forgetten someone, who was completely obsessed with HP, in your letter to JKR - YOU.

You seem to have been infatuated by some of your own incorrect theories and plots, fuelled by your over inflated ego. The only plots and theories that are important are the ones that have been written by JKR. I am not disappointed with the final book, and will enjoy reading the fantastic series to new members of my family.

If you are so disappointed, why don't you try writing your own series?

'Barry Trotter And The Order Of The Paintball' might be a good place to start......

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."
Cornelius Fudge, HBP ch 1

WHY ARE YOU WORRING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

HBP
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 06:07   #13
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

uhhhh....you do realise children grow up don't you? being 20 years old i started reading HP when i was 11 and obviously at the time i was slightly more obsessed, but rest assured i grew out of it. In fact i wouls say HP has a lot to do with who i am now and helped me a lot as a child.
Old 05-08-2007, 13:37   #14
Vicuña
I'm a N00b

Merlin's beard, how I WISH Harry Potter had existed 25 years ago. Then I probably wouldn't have spent so much time obsessed with WHAM! (hmmm, kinda feels good getting that off my chest)

Vicuña
Vicuña is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 13:49   #15
Piper
TFH Graduate

Wake me up before you go go
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 18:49   #16
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

I have had fun batting around all the theories and postulations on this site. I enjoyed the series immensely. My daughter, who reads voraciously at a very high level and with whom I have shared the HP series for the past 4 years, has it in perspective. She understands that it is all make-believe. Just like everything else she has read, from Curios George to Junie B Jones to The Chronicles of Narnia. She’s loves the HP books, loves the characters, loves tossing around theories with me just like I do with people from all over on this site---but she does not mistake them for reality, nor does she let any of this stuff dominate her life, except in that she loves nothing more than to curl up with a good book and escape into a make-believe world for awhile. And what on earth is wrong with that? My kid is bright, engaging, conversational, imaginative, thoughtful, articulate---all the things a good reader should be. For that, I am indebted to JKR, as much as I am to A.A. Milne, C.S. Lewis, Beverley Cleary, E.L. Konigsburg, Barbara Park, and Dr. Seuss, among dozens of others. As far as my opinions, I was right about some things, wrong about others; satisfied with some final resolutions, heartily disappointed in others. But, this....Paintball....this is absurd…..I think you are deflecting your own manic obsession on the rest of us who merely thought they were well-written books that captured and held our collective imagination for a short time. You're acting like the Trekkies who got mad at Shatner for his lampooning of them on Saturday Night Live. I also think you enjoy being the subject of conversation amongst people all over the world on a dozen different websites. The pouting and whining has to stop, and so does the ego-gorging. The last 2 words of the title of this thread is telling---”please help”----that’s not a bad idea----seek help!
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 09:38   #17
paintball
TFH Graduate

I picked up my morning paper this morning and read where JKR for some absurd reason felt it necessary at her New York City book tour to announce that Dumbledore is gay. How absurd. If she thinks this is going to get people like me who have quit discussing the books on the forums to come back and do so then she's crazier then I was when I was on the forums doing just that. By the way, I'm pleased to see that most of us have quit wasting our time discussing Harry Potter and gone on to more important things. If anyone happens to get their hands on a copy of the original unedited manuscript of Deathly Hallows, I would still like a copy when it becomes available.
paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 13:57   #18
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball
If she thinks this is going to get people like me who have quit discussing the books on the forums to come back and do so then she's crazier then I was when I was on the forums doing just that
Well . . . ummmmmm . . . you did come back. As I have no clue as to just what her motivations were on this I cannot say. My thoughts are that if she had intended him to be known as gay, why not put it in the book? Why announce it post script to a group of children, many of whom would not even know the meaning of the word.

But . . . what is this about an unedited manuscript?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 04:40   #19
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball View Post
I picked up my morning paper this morning and read where JKR for some absurd reason felt it necessary at her New York City book tour to announce that Dumbledore is gay. How absurd. If she thinks this is going to get people like me who have quit discussing the books on the forums to come back and do so then she's crazier then I was when I was on the forums doing just that. By the way, I'm pleased to see that most of us have quit wasting our time discussing Harry Potter and gone on to more important things. If anyone happens to get their hands on a copy of the original unedited manuscript of Deathly Hallows, I would still like a copy when it becomes available.
I, too, am at a loss in my attempt to discern her motives. And I agree----it is absurd----extremely so----I think she made herself look like a complete idiot.

However......SPF has a point.....you did come back.....and I have a feeling you're going to see this, so you will have come back again.....
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 14:30   #20
paintball
TFH Graduate

You're right Mr. Bandman. I had to come back and post the link to this picture that was just emailed to me by my son. http://www.freakingnews.com/Dumbledo...Pics-39923.asp

I haven't had time to check, but he says the wankers are going crazy. Poor Dumbledore.

Last edited by paintball; 23-10-2007 at 14:36..
paintball is offline   Reply With Quote