Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Deathly Hallows - The Answers

Deathly Hallows - The Answers Contained within here will be the septology questions & answers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 24-07-2007, 23:00   #21
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

Re: Questions, Unanswered...**Spoilers**

i think a lot of this will be answered when/if she actually writes the encyclopaedia of Potter...i'll queue for that one too
Old 25-07-2007, 06:17   #22
Dunky
TFH Graduate

i agree with SPF, i enjoyed the book, the beginning and end were great, the middle seemed below par.
we didnt see who did magic later in life,
we were always told harrys eyes were rele important, they weren't,
also, we were told 2 'main' charaters died, mad-eye,lupin,tonks,fred? ? all big characters, but not MAIN characters,
and i think the '19 years later bit' was put in to prevent any later books rather than as a way to finish the story!
maybe we built it up to much with anticipation.
Dunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 06:38   #23
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Yes, the middle was kind of slow, most of the "tent time" seemed tedious almost, but . . . could have also been that I read that part in the wee hours of morning and may not have been alert enough to catch the good parts.

I can't say that I was "dissapointed" when 2 "main" characters didn't snuff it, but was curious as to who the 2 unplanned deaths were, and who was the one who got the repreive . . . I'm thinking Lucious or Percy got the repreive, but can only guess that the two unplanned may have been Fred and Dobby as they really seemed like needless deaths. Well . . . Fred may have been what gave Molly her fury to take on Belatrix, but really wanted to see Nevil do that anyway. (maybe he Peeed on her dead body!)

And . . . maybe need this in it's own thread, but . . . What's up with the US cover? other than it looks as if it may be the final battle in the great Hall, neither has a wand, and they aren't facing each other either? What's up with that????

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"

Last edited by Sirius Potter Fan; 25-07-2007 at 06:41..
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 07:23   #24
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

In an upcoming interview it is revealed that Arthur got the reprieve and Lupin was the replacement.
Old 25-07-2007, 16:07   #25
Piper
TFH Graduate

I am wondering too why Snape was so absolutely horrible to Neville. Was there something that I missed on this?
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 16:36   #26
frodobaggins
TFH Graduate

i think i know why snape was horrible to neville

remember the prophecy could have mean two boys harry or neville and when it was harry that got chosen and lily that died snape was mad that neville wasnt the one to be killed becuase had voldy chosen neville, lily would have survived
frodobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 18:22   #27
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

Very likely, Frodo. Another reason, one less poetic, is that Snape was a strong student, is a perfectionist, and is impatient with mediocrity. His method of motivating students seems to be to intimidate and ridicule them. Whilst this may not be the most effective pedagogical method, we see him at it during Occlumancy classes too - and we know he genuinely wanted Harry to improve. I guess in his own life, 'tough love' motivated him, and pushed him to excell, and that's all he knows.

Rather than being too concerned with what Harry does for a job, I wonder how he is regarded by the wizarding world now, and how he deals with it. I'm sure he's got a chocolate frog card by now, and that must really make a wizard feel like he's made it.

I'm curious about the status of the other races now in the new, reborn wizarding society.

If JKR gets the urge to write another series, youg A.S Potter seems groomed to be the hero. Imagine reading that, if you hadn't read this series yet... Harry would seem to be like Dumbledore, but he's the main character's dad.

I would have liked to have had confirmation on whether or not squibs can talk to cats, as seems to be the case from the two main squibs in the books. Hey, was Voldemort targeting squibs? They didn't mention it. You'd think that in the Death Eater mind, a squib would be a lessening of the strength of blood.

Actually, given that Riddle is a half blood, does he actually believe his pure-blood rhetoric, or is it an excuse for mayhem? Hmm, he probably does, because it's his wizard blood that made him feel special, and there's probably a trace of insecurity from his mixed heritage, and he wants to expunge that possibility from happenin in the future. But really, I don't know. Maybe it's just like a regime, like the CCP, who say things like Christianity or Falun Gong are a threat to society, and are thus justified to persecute, when really, it's just evil.

Also, would have liked a bit more on the Founders.

Last edited by Dr Winterbourne; 25-07-2007 at 18:28..
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 20:21   #28
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Potter Fan View Post

And . . . maybe need this in it's own thread, but . . . What's up with the US cover? other than it looks as if it may be the final battle in the great Hall, neither has a wand, and they aren't facing each other either? What's up with that????

Yes that what i wondered too and i still cant think what it might have been, i dont get it either...?
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote