Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Analysis

HBP Analysis A deeper and meaningful look at the details of HBP

Old 23-03-2007, 05:44   #11
horcruxfinder
TFH Graduate

Re: I need a place to hide my book

If it is Ravenclaw's tiara brought into Molly's family, I think we will see it at the wedding and it could be Harry's first experience of destroying a horcrux - right at the beginning of the book.
Old 24-03-2007, 07:48   #12
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I think there may really be something here. I did a search, and the word "tiara" only only appears twice troughout all 6 books, in the RoR, and by Molly. I would agree and put any amount of money, that these are one and the same. My guess . . . When it can't be found before the wedding, Harry will remember seeing it in the RoR, and go to retrieve it. This time not being in such a big hurry and in a calmer state of mind, he may sense or notice something about it and . . .

I must have missed your previous post on the tiara GB . . . what thread was that?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2007, 12:46   #13
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

Here are two SPF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumbumble
Re: The Seven Horcruxes
We only know for definite the identity of the two Horcruxes that have been destroyed, the Diary and the Ring.

The Locket seems certain but it is not known if this has been destroyed or not, it is assumed that it has been stolen from Voldemort, maybe it is at Grim Old Place, maybe Mundungus has it maybe Aberforth, who knows.

The Hufflepuff goblet seems another good guess but the location is unknown.

I think that the missing Horcruxes are currently both at Hogwarts and are relics of the other two founders.

The Gryffindor relic, I think, is the Griffin doorknocker that is, or was, on Dumbledore’s office door. I think that this can be tied into Voldemort at the time of his visit to Hogwarts to discuss the teaching post.

The Ravenclaw relic, I think, is the tiara that is currently marking the place where Harry hid the Half Blood Prince’s copy of Advanced Potion Making. I also think that this is the same tiara that is referred to as “Aunt Muriel’s goblin made tiara that Fleur is to wear at her wedding to Bill. Very little is said of Rowena Ravenclaw other than that she was “fair” and remembered for her intelligence and creativity. Taking the definition of “fair” to mean good looking, attractive or similar, she may have had something like a tiara. The tiara that Mrs. Weasley refers to is Goblin made, very old and very valuable and could be an heirloom or relic of one of the founders. As I recall the students from Beauxbatons choose to sit at the Ravenclaw table, which may or may not be relevant. I do not know how to tie this into Voldemort other than to suggent that Mrs. Weasley's brothers may be a connection and they were murdered by Death Eaters. A number of contributors to other sites suggest that Aunt Muriel may be a Prewitt.

If I am correct most of the Horcruxes are located where they can easily be found by Harry and his friends if they have access to Hogwarts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumbumble
Re: The Wedding
I think that the first thing to remember is that Harry will not be seventeen until July 31, hence the importance of him returning to the Dursley’s one more time. The protection that is given to him by Aunt Petunia’s blood will end on Harry’s birthday.
We know that there is something significant that we are yet to learn about Aunt Petunia and I think that this will all take place at the beginning of the book. I am sure that when Aunt Petunia learns of Dumbledore’s death we will learn much more of Petunia’s other connections with the magical community, more about Mrs. Figg and the other protections that have existed in Little Whinging. When Harry leaves Privet Drive he will be on better relations with Aunt Petunia than at any other time in his life.
Harry will not be able to apparate until he is seventeen so transport for the first two weeks of the holiday could be a problem, perhaps we will see a return of the Knight Bus.
The first problem with the wedding will be the loss of Aunt Muriel’s tiara which may well be at Hogwarts in the room of requirements on top of a cupboard concealing the Half Blood Prince’s copy of Advanced Potion Making, and may even be a missing Horcrux.
The wedding will probably be in August, as that seems to be when most French folks have their annual holiday. Snape will redeem himself by warning of a Voldemort attack on the wedding. The whole Order will be at the wedding plus the Minister of Magic and Madam Maxine.
Godric’s Hollow will be the biggest surprise.
All I hope is that Harry does not wake up in the shower on his first day at Stonewall High School in 1991!!
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 16:30   #14
horcruxfinder
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumbumble View Post
I have suggested, in other threads, that the tiara that helps mark the location of the Harry's potions book may have belonged to Ravenclaw. It may also be the tiara that is Goblin made and belongs to Molly's Great Aunt Muriel.
It is known that Molly's brothers, Fabian and Gideon were killed by death eaters and that it took five of them to complete the task. Maybe they were killed to get the tiara?
It would be fitting that a relic of Ravenclaw's was hidden in the room of requirements as Ravenclaw is credited with the creation of the ever-changing floor plan at Hogwarts, and surely the ever-changing room of requirements must be part of that.
The sorting hat describes Ravenclaw as "fair" possibly meaning beautiful. Certainly a tiara would not be an inappropriate possession for a beautiful woman. We also know that Goblin made jewelry is both old and of high value.
GB, now that we have seen a drawing of hufflepuff on JKR's website sporting a tiara, do you still think it may be ravenclaw's?
Old 07-05-2007, 13:02   #15
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

I am sure that tiara's were worn by many of the wealthy. You should see them when our Queen throws a party!!

No reason to change my prediction yet I think!
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 13:24   #16
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

hey! I have several tiaras . . . honestly! . . . maybe one of them . . .

Actualy I did see it as suspicious that Helga was sporting a tiara as well as holding a cup, but even more suspicious, is that yesterday, the tiara on HH's head dissappeared!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Last edited by Sirius Potter Fan; 07-05-2007 at 13:26..
Old 28-05-2007, 01:30   #17
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

Wouldnt only one horcrux per founder be needed? I mean huffelpuff already has the cup, wouldnt the tiara perhaps once have been ravenclaws?
Old 28-05-2007, 06:45   #18
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH
wouldnt the tiara perhaps once have been ravenclaws?
That could be, and possibly why Helgas was removed on the site . . . so as not to create confusion. It does seem to be significant in any event. Could possibly be a Gryffindor relic . . . Something he gave his wife? Molly says it was her great Aunt Muriel's . . . the Weasley family are all known Gryffindor members. Yeah, that's a stretch I suppose, but as they are still purebloods, the line must lead somewhere . . . Why else throw that tiara into the soup? Tiara is only mentioned in the entire series those two times.

_Willy Wonka