Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Deathly Hallows - The Answers

Deathly Hallows - The Answers Contained within here will be the septology questions & answers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23-07-2007, 08:17   #1
Padma Patil
Dumbledore's Girl

Lightbulb Questions, Unanswered...**Spoilers**

Okay, as George as pointed out in a previous thread, JKR answered most of the questions in DH. However there are still a few lurking out there as far as I'm concerned.

One that was a topic of debate was Is Harry related to Godric Gryffindor? We never found this out, however we did find out that Harry was related to Voldemort by a common ancestor, the three brothers. Voldemort decended from the middle brother and Harry decended from the youngest brother. However, were the founders born before or after the three brothers? (someone help me out on the name, Peverell isn't it?)

I was just wondering what other questions people might have had. Like George wanted to find out more about the veil. My mom wanted to find out more about James' side of the family.

Anybody else have some unresolved issues?

----------------------------------------------------------

*Edit* I split this thread and moved the discussion relating to Harry's ancestors into another one, located here. Keep discussing unresolved issues here though. Thanks, Tonks

"Look . . . at . . . me. . . ." he whispered.
- Severus Snape
DH pg. 658 Ch. 32 (US edition)

Last edited by Tonks; 23-07-2007 at 12:15..
Padma Patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 09:10   #2
Luna
TFH Graduate

Re: Questions, Unanswered...**Spoilers**

I'm worried I read the book too quickly and missed it, but who was the wizard/witch squib who performed magic for the first time late in life when under pressure?

Also, I really thought we'd find out more about Mrs Figg and her relationship with DD. I was convinced she was the younger sister right up until Aberforth told his story.
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 09:56   #3
Piper
TFH Graduate

I thought we would something that would explain why Petunia bothered to take Harry in at all and not just send him to a muggle orphanage. Great remorse on her part for the way that she had left things with her sister, maybe her treatment toward Harry was so bad because she really missed Lily and having him there was a reminder. All we got was a pause from Petunia like she was going to say something.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 10:41   #4
Steph
I'm a N00b

I've been wondering just what that baby type thing that was crying and screaming was in the "King's Cross" chapter, because it seemed quite important at the time of reading.
(Hope this isn't off the topic!)
x x x
Old 23-07-2007, 10:44   #5
Piper
TFH Graduate

I kind of thought that was the piece of Voldemorts soul that had been inside of Harry. ?
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 11:17   #6
Steph
I'm a N00b

Ooh it could have been actually. It was just one of those things that confused me completely, i had absolutely no idea what it was, and there was no mention of it after that chapter either.
Anyone else got a theory on what it was?
Old 23-07-2007, 12:07   #7
Tonks
Unspeakable

Dumbledore said there was no way to help it, and it really reminded me of the little crying baby Voldemort that was in the graveyard in GoF before he fully came back. It makes sense that the Voldemort-Horcrux part of Harry would be separated from the actual Harry "in limbo".

I almost wish there was a bit of a connection with Lily's eyes, instead of just tying her to her son [and then to little Albus].

I, too, wondered about who had done magic late in life. It didn't seem to jump out at me.. anyone?

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by Tonks; 23-07-2007 at 12:13..
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 15:54   #8
Horntail88
TFH Graduate

I'm wondering the same thing someone else asked in a previous thread, which was what the older versions of our heroes might be doing as jobs? Neville's a teacher, Hagrid's still teaching, Kingsley's the Minister, I'm going to assume McGonnagol's Headmistress, but what about Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny?
Horntail88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 22:29   #9
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
I kind of thought that was the piece of Voldemorts soul that had been inside of Harry. ?

Thats what i thought to or that was what he would become after his death if he didnt have any remorse as like Harry said to Voldemort that he sees what he becomes
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 22:32   #10
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
Dumbledore said there was no way to help it, and it really reminded me of the little crying baby Voldemort that was in the graveyard in GoF before he fully came back. It makes sense that the Voldemort-Horcrux part of Harry would be separated from the actual Harry "in limbo".

I almost wish there was a bit of a connection with Lily's eyes, instead of just tying her to her son [and then to little Albus].

I, too, wondered about who had done magic late in life. It didn't seem to jump out at me.. anyone?

Well with the eyes of Liliy's i thought what made them so important was the fact that when Snape died he got to look into them one last time
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote