Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Deathly Hallows - The Answers

Deathly Hallows - The Answers Contained within here will be the septology questions & answers

Old 10-09-2007, 02:02   #11
claymore04
TFH Graduate

Re: what did he end up becoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirus_Lee_Folks View Post
What I think JKR should do is What Tolkien did at the end of LotR. The book should be re-released later with an appendix that spells out the remaining history. It is only in the Appendix for LotR that we discover what became of many of the characters in the trilogy. She could spend time later writing a history more or less of many of the characters (Perevells etc) so that we can have a better understanding of all the lore. Harry's story is over but I think that there are many more stories pre harry and post that can be written that will be equally as good. I don't believe that this will be the last of the Hogwart's saga.
I would hope to agree but I think it is over. We the fans are left to drift off the edge of the pages.
claymore04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06   #12
claymore04
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Potter Fan View Post
Gotta agree here, I was expecting so much more in the 19 years later. I thought JKR had said that we would find out how all the characters ended up, but didn't really find out much conclusive about any of them really, the trio's occupations? Nevil's family life, as well as other teachers. I think . . . with the confirmation that she will be writing an 8th installment with "all the backgrounds, and other info that never made it into the books" we will get a little more satisfaction . . . and . . . I suppose eventually we could get all our questions answered on her site!
The fact that they survived was enough and they ended up married with kids. This was the whole message. Love conquers all. Though I'm skeptical.

Last edited by claymore04; 13-09-2007 at 14:50..
Old 10-09-2007, 05:29   #13
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper
In an interview before the book was released, or maybe even finished, she said there would be an Epilogue to tell us how it all turned out because some people didn't make it, but I do not remember any news about dead people in the actual Epilogue though.
I am really starting to suspect a case of multiple personality disorder here..........
Gotta say that sounds as likely as anything right now. There are many other things we were promised that did not show up, not only in the epilogue but the body of the book as well. I'm satisfied overall I guess . . . and I suppose it's possible she is just keeping everything for the "encyclopedia" or whatever, but I think that she should have at least kept her promises on what she said would be answered. I know she couldn't possibly have given us all the answers for all the questions we have come up with, many of which are very trivial at best, but when she said we would "know" certain things and we still don't . . . and . . . scar . . . what was up with the last word being changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH p 759
The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.
the word is there . . . why not say the same thing . . . "All was well with Harry Potter, after nineteen years he has had no more pain from the scar."

One thing of note . . . JKR had always said "The last word is scar. The end"

I notice that "The End" is not there either . . . what to make of that?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 14:54   #14
claymore04
TFH Graduate

Harry become the greatest wandmaker ever searching high and low for wand cores and rare wood to make them out of. The rarest core would be the Umgubular Slashkilter's skullbone. His masterpiece far out strips the Elder Wand in power and would rebound the AK curse to the user should he or she use it to kill. No-one would know that because all who find out would be dead.
Old 13-09-2007, 18:50   #15
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore
The rarest core would be the Umgubular Slashkilter's skullbone.
But don't forget to give Luna the credit she deserves for telling Harry about it's existance and where to find it!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote