Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating Book 7 - Deathly Hallows

Predicating Book 7 - Deathly Hallows Predictions on the events and happenings of Book 7.

View Poll Results: Snape helping Harry?
Agree 10 90.91%
Disagree 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-07-2005, 05:05   #1
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Thumbs up Snape helping Harry

Prediction: Snape is helping Harry
I it my belief and prediction that Snape will be shown in the end to be helping Harry to make up for contributing towards his parents death.

Evidence or Support
There is so many parts of the series that point towards Snape helping Harry.
He does it in the background, out of the way, in the wings so to speak - but Harry's survival to this point has a huge amount to do with Snape looking out for him.
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 07:06   #2
Snuffles
the keepr of the Veil

Re: Snape helping Harry

Voted: Dissagree

Reason:
Snape is evil. What other words could describe him?
Of course, if he is half a human, and have at least some kind of conscience, he would like to redeem for what he has done in the past... but he's just not the type. The bond, yes it might be there, Snape might help Harry out unconsciously, but not willingly, I think.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him? croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey!"

"NOT MY DAUGTER, YOU B****!" -Mrs. Weasely

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" said Ron.
Snuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 10:10   #3
Boing
Pops in randomly

AGREED.

In my mind Snape isn't pure evil. I think he has helped Harry so much already that he has more than made up for his indebtedness for Harry's parents' deaths. In the later books he is still helping Harry in different ways, so I think he will continue this in the final book in some way.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 22:30   #4
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

Agreed

Snape knows Harry is the only one who can save them all, even Voldemort's most loyal followers.
He owes Harry, too, for what happened to his parents. James saved Snape's life, and he will repay that debt by helping Harry.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:07   #5
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

I voted: Agree

BUT

Not because I don't think he's evil, because he is - but more because he knows Harry is his only hope of getting away from Voldemort forever. He will help Harry in the end and die in the effort.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 05:17   #6
kaz
Professor of Potterology

AGREE

I don't think Snape is evil, I think he is bitter. He is a spy for Dumbledore, and apparently for Voldy, so he can't show favor for one or the other. He wasn't popular at school and that is a huge influence on the way people turn out.

Snape, I think, is big on personal gain and what better reward than to be the one standing by Harry at his time of triumph? If he didn't perform the AK spell on DD, he would have broken the vow and ended up dead- so pretty useless- and I still think he had been instructed to do as nessesary before DD died.
Old 08-12-2005, 13:48   #7
Pip
TFH Graduate

Smile Re: Snape helping Harry

The only way that Harry will be able to defeat LV for good will be by getting help from the people who have helped him throughout the entire series (the ones who are still alive!). Wether Harry is aware or not, Snape has given him alot of help throughout. Even if at the end of HBP it would seem that Harry would like nothing better that to kill Snape, I believe that Snape will help him in book seven (possibly dying in the process). Snape had no choice to kill DD in HBP, and then to continue to protect Malfoy. When Harry finally realises that Snape is infact a good guy (he IS) it may be too late for him to forgive Snape re Sirius/DD but he will see him in a different light.

I think Snape secretly hates LV over the events at Godrics Hollow on the night Harrys Parents died. The only way he can be free of LV for good is to help Harry in the end.

I also think the comments from Kaz (above) are spot on.

By the way, I agree!!

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."
Cornelius Fudge, HBP ch 1

WHY ARE YOU WORRING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

HBP

Last edited by Pip; 08-12-2005 at 13:51..
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 20:32   #8
Sir
Through the Veil

I have to say I agree with the general idea that Snape is helping Harry. I think that Snape probably has alot on his conscious. The majority of which are things that he's done while in the service of Lord Voldemort. I think that at the end of HBP Snape knew that Harry would need an inside connection to fulfill the prophecy. Had Snape not taken Dumbledore's life he would have died (Unless Draco would have finished the task, but I find that highly improbable) from the unbreakable vow that he made with Narcissa. By the sole act of killing Dumbledore he assured an inside connection to Voldemort's inner circle for Harry. That make any sense ?