Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone

Discussions on Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone "The dog must be guarding Flamel's Philosopher's Stone ..."

Old 27-07-2006, 05:38   #1
Auror Bradshaw
I'm a N00b

Quote from Book 1 and Book 4 relevant to the whole story??

Does anyone else think that this exerpt from book 1 and book 4 are at all relevant?

Harry asking Dumbledore...

'What do you see when you look in the mirror?'
'I? I see myself holding a pair of thick, woollen socks.'
Harry stared.
'One cn never have enough socks,' said Dumbledore. 'Another christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.'
It was only when he was back in bed that it struck Harry that Dumbledore might not have been quite truthful. But then, he thought, it had been quite a personal question.

Harry showing Dumbledore his cut from where Wormtail took his blood, and that it would make Voldemort stronger...

For a fleeting instant, Harry thought he sw a gleam of triumph in Dumbledores eyes. But next second, Harry was sure he had imagined it, for when Dumbledore had returned to his seat he looked as old and weary as Harry had ever seen him.
Auror Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2006, 09:48   #2
Vold. E. Mort
Crucio!

Re: Quote from Book 1 and Book 4 relevant to the whole story??

#1, no, I think that was just humor.

#2, absolutely. DD knows that Voldemort using Harry's blood was a mistake for some yet to be revealed reason. I anxiously await that revelation.
Vold. E. Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 01:29   #3
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Quote from Book 1 and Book 4 relevant to the whole story??

Geez Vold. E. Mort - I would have expected you to jump all over point one!

#1 - YES - Yes it is relevant - Harry is asking Dumbledore what he would see in the mirror - what is Dumbledore's hearts desire ... and he says socks?
Nooo - that is crap and we all know it - that is avoiding Harry's question - deflecting the question and turning it away from the subject.
What Dumbledore saw in there would be really relevant - want to know Dumbledore's true intentions then look into his heart and see his biggest desire.
For a man that seems to have sacrificed so much - his hearts desire is very, very relevant - sadly i'm not sure we will ever get that answer.

#2 - JKR has touched upon this moment as being relevant - I see it in many ways.
One way - well to have the love tainted blood of Harry course through the veins of a person who has none and isnt capable of it - that makes me go ummm - Harry has come Voldemort in him (hello Horcrux) and Voldemort has some of Harry in him ... can you see where that goes - body and soul's combind just like brother wand cores ...
Another way - Blood and sacrifice have been used as powerful weapons in the books to protect and to attack - I cant but help feel that there is a relevance also to this as well - sacrficed blood being forced from a person that didnt willingly give it and injected into the very person it the protect was setup to keep away ..
And - not sure people will like this - but the third way I look at this is I believe there is DiE aspect to this as well ...
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote