Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone

Discussions on Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone "The dog must be guarding Flamel's Philosopher's Stone ..."

Old 30-07-2006, 20:07   #1
Muggle Lover
I'm a N00b

Voldemort's Body

I am not 100% sure, so i thought i would ask you guys.
we know that voldemort used his horcrux to "maintain life" for lack of a better term, but are we ever told what became of the body at Godric's Hollow? i mean, even if voldemort maintained life after being "killed" there still would have been a body?
am i right? or am i just missing something?
Muggle Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 11:47   #2
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Voldemort's Body

I think when I asked this one before - the general consensus was that it was destroyed in the explosion of the house - kind of the same as the Potters ... of course then that doesn't explain why Harry remained in tact and unhurt ...
We know the house was destroyed somewhat - I'm guessing his body perished in that backfire moment ... unless of course the house was levelled post mortem ... but that is another thread somewhere!
Of course - it is still an interesting question all the same - was there any bodies?
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 15:46   #3
halliemei
TFH Graduate

I think you ask an important and interesting question. It would seem to me two things -- whatever happened to James' and Lily's bodies is the state that Voldemort would have been found AND there's a way that everyone knew Voldemort was "gone" and assumed dead. I would think that a body was there. Else . . . we're back to the discussions on WHO else was in Godrics Hollow that night and why did everyone believe them (as well as how did the word get spread so quickly).
halliemei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:02   #4
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Almost a digression here - but you would have to assume Dumbledore was there at some point - if anyone could gain the public confidence it would be him - but it seems to buck what we are told about him getting others to do the Godric Hollow visit and him creating a safe place for Harry in which to give him so added extra's in the security market.

I always felt the lack of bodies was a void in the books the same as Harry never asking about where his parents final resting place was (addressed in book 6 I know!) - I still wonder if they are destine to become inferious - I mean no mention of their bodies etc just seems really random. Then we were told we would never see and alive Lily and James - in JKR's world that doesnt mean they are gone and forgotten!
I do have to wonder thou - if their bodies were destroyed with the house - why did JKR never come out and say that - which begs the question can we expect a more enlightening reason which will become evident in book7?
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote