Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating Book 7 - Deathly Hallows

Predicating Book 7 - Deathly Hallows Predictions on the events and happenings of Book 7.

View Poll Results: Longbottoms to Recover
Agree 8 61.54%
Disagree 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-07-2005, 05:01   #1
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Thumbs up Longbottom's to Recover

Prediction: The Longbottoms will recover
I it my belief and prediction that the Longbottoms will awaken from their madness

Evidence or Support
This is a key part of the series and I think that the Longbottoms will recover.
They will pass across the information they were torchered for.
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 06:20   #2
Tonks
Unspeakable

Re: Longbottom's to Recover

Voted
No -

Reasoning
I think that while I really do hope they recover, it is a lot of wishful thinking. They were tortured to their insanity and I don't really know if it is something they can just "snap out of", although it would be such an emotional great scene if it did happen. Also, the way JKR said that the gum wrappers was based on a real story just made me think it might be way to hopeful to think they would awaken..

.. not that i'm against it in the least - I just don't think its going to happen -

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 07:08   #3
Snuffles
the keepr of the Veil

Voted: No
Reasons: As Tonky said, i don't think they can just be all right and whole again, when a person has been tortured the way either of them has been. I really feel sorry for Neville, and it would be really nice if that happened... but I don't think JKR's going to allow that to happen.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him? croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey!"

"NOT MY DAUGTER, YOU B****!" -Mrs. Weasely

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" said Ron.
Snuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 22:43   #4
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

Agreed -

I think they will recover, come to the aid of their son and save his life but be killed in the process, to finish what could have happened had Voldemort not chosen Harry
Old 01-08-2005, 01:55   #5
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

I voted: YES

I think they will recover, maybe only for a short time, and give information on why they were attacked that night and what the Death Eaters were really after. JKR showed in HBP that Katie returned from the madness of the necklace. I think that was a little clue about the Longbottom's current condition and possible recovery.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:17   #6
Hermione
Auror

I say yes. People can recover from insanity. In this case I'm going to read insanity as post tramatic stress due to the torture. And though it takes a long time, it can happen.

I voted no, when I meant to click yes. So there should be one more yes.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:31   #7
notposs
TFH Graduate

Voted:YES

Why: because I think is is perfectly possible to recover from insanity and I hope they do so they can spur neville on and he can help SAVE THE DAY!!

"To the Dark Lord I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B."
R.A.B - HBP p569

notposs is offline   Reply With Quote