Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone

Discussions on Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone "The dog must be guarding Flamel's Philosopher's Stone ..."

Old 15-02-2007, 10:46   #11
Arwan
TFH Graduate

Re: Very, very old wizard...?

ohh! Thats good SPF. You also reminded me that DD said Voldemort has overcome that particular barrier. After Harry tells him that Voldemort used his blood and could now touch him. So perhaps Voldemort now wants information about Harry's wand.

What also caught my attention was DD choosing the words"that particular barrier"
sounding like there may be one or more other barriers. I would think that since the brother wands will not work properly against each other this is the second barrier and Voldemort will want that problem fixed since ultimately they will duel again.

I wonder what other barriers still exist?
Arwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 15:26   #12
Piper
TFH Graduate

Well for one, Voldermort cannot kill Harry until after he turns 18, because of the blood protection bond, and he must realize this at last, so he hasn't been trying to kill Harry.

I think the idea that Voldermort took Ollivander so he can get a new wand that will work against Harrys is a very good idea.
That was one that kind of made me think DOH to myself
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 17:40   #13
jimbo716
TFH Graduate

Maybe it's not a wand. Perhaps he (riddle) has something more symbolic of power in mind. A staff or crosier perhaps. Maybe even a trident or a pitchfork. (The last one is a bit cheesey, I know). All would be appropriate and kinda cool.