Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Deathly Hallows Speculation

Deathly Hallows Speculation A place to get in your early predictions about what is going to be unveiled

Old 12-07-2007, 15:36   #11
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Re: What was She howling about? (Speculative Spoiler)

She did the same thing, cry, I mean, when she killed off Dumbledore. It seems she will be killing off another character she likes. My bet is Hagrid.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 11:10   #12
Ravenclaw
TFH Graduate

In anything you do, when you pour your heart and soul into it as JKR obviously has, it is not easy to "part with it". Writing the HP series has taken JKR from relative obscurity to the richest author ever. Not that it's about the money, but JKR has created an entirely new world for all of us (and herself). The HP series of books is almost a living entity to so many people, It's almost like a muggle like me could board a plane, land in London and go to Kings Cross on September 1st and watch the cloaked witches and wizards arrive to put their children on the train.

It's easy to see why the prospect of ending the series would make JKR cry. I'm am almost certain that no matter how the series ends, it will bring me to tears to know that no more HP books/stories are forthcoming. She has literally created a dream world for all of us. Look at this web-site, we are all OBSESSED with the world she created. I'll bet a lot of people will cry when this dreamworld is finalized in book 7.

She may have cried about the death of a character or two, but it would be easy to see why she (and any of us) would cry when putting the final touches on a modern masterpiece and seeing the life and following it has created, come to an end. In years to come, people will look back on the HP series and the effect that it had on people like us and study it in literature and psychology classes alike. This HP phenominon is truly like nothing I (we) have ever experienced nor may we ever again.

Perhaps JKR is like a mother who cries after watching her child, her baby, grow up and go off to college by himself. The mere fact that she shed tears should come as no surprise and while we may try to read into JKR's every move, we should keep in mind that she is an artist and artists who have spent...what?...10 years or more on such a living and breathing masterpiece like HP will be bound to be connected to it at the heart. I don't think we should look too deeply into the fact that she cried toward the end.

This being said, yes I believe some sacrifices will certainly be made in DH/HP7. I have my own theories on how things will end but I will be sad when (as is bound to happen) people are inevitably "let down" by what happens in 7. The last episode of Sienfeld, MASH, and all of the things that are so looked forward to by a culture are generally met with mixed results.
Ravenclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 11:28   #13
Ravenclaw
TFH Graduate

hogwartsgsrh35

I can't imagine that she could (even if it were her initial intent from book 1) to kill off Harry. People will die in #7 - I have no question but the HP series has taken on a life of it's own and while still JKR's intellectual property, she is smart enough to know that to kill off Harry after creating an actual CULTURE, would cause the clinical depression rate among HP fans to double.

People imagine being in Harry's world. Children know Harry, Ron and Hermione as friends, they have been shown this beautiful world and life of the HP series and JKR knows that to allow Harry to die would crush the hearts of millions of kids (and adults) around the world. JKR isn't an evil person, she won't let EVIL prevail in DH/HP7...there are so many similies infused into her art and reference to actual life and contemporary culture that to kill HP and let Voldemort live would be quite a fatalistic statement on the future of our society. She has gone on and on in her books about the power of love. Our Love of Harry and his world isn't lost on JKR. Harry is the most recognizable character in modern literature history and perhaps the ENTIRE history of literature (aside from God and Jesus who are arguably introduced and kept alive to the religious in the Bible).

If Harry DOES die in the book, how crushed will YOU be?
Ravenclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 21:34   #14
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

i will absolutely DROWN in my own tears if fred or george or both die. hagrid would also be very sad. i want lupin to be cured, but i think he should kill greyback. i mean really if anyone died it would be sad. draco i think has been set up to do a heroic act before the end of DH, so if he died i think it would still be sad. i think i would even howl if voldemort died, he is such a complex and great character.
if harry dies, it would have to depend on the nature of his death. i dont really mind anymore. i think i would howl also when i finish it, just because it would all be over. i mean this has taken up 9 years of my life, since i was 11 i have felt like i know these characters.

Last edited by happy_hannah; 13-07-2007 at 21:37.. Reason: add extra
happy_hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 13:52   #15
Angelis
TFH Graduate

jkr said in an interview before that 3 was going to go but she saved one , can jkr really kill a child ??? i still think harry will have to sacrifice himself but a new thery , what if harry loses his powers in the end he fights voldemort & loses them . what if it's only the baddies that die voldemort & snape are main characters what if were looking at this the wrong way.
Angelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 13:55   #16
Angelis
TFH Graduate

just remembered jkr said in an interview that she didn't want any one else to carry on her books ,so will this mean the end for harry .to be honest he's had a rotton life every year had to deal with somthing she has to give him a happy ending , if she dont shes cruel. poor boy suffered enough .
Angelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 20:09   #17
Alz
Head Unspeakable

OK - here is my guesses - I think all the below will die during book 7

- Hagrid
- Molly Weasley
- Neville Longbottom
- Harry Potter
- Tom Riddle/Voldemort

I can see JKR weeping buckets over any of the first three and even the last two - yep even Voldemort ... remember, this is the end of the Potter series to her and the realization she was penning the last few chapters ... I think that would make her cry!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 15:14   #18
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

According to Her in Her interview on NBC's Today show this morning, it was Chapter 34......
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote