Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Deathly Hallows Speculation

Deathly Hallows Speculation A place to get in your early predictions about what is going to be unveiled

Old 18-07-2007, 20:18   #1
DumbledoresArmy
I'm a N00b

A Prequel is the answer!!

We all know book seven is and should be the definite end of the Harry/Voldemort/DD Era...... HOWEVER I would love to hear Rowlings story on Dumbledore Vs Grindelwold!
DumbledoresArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 07:35   #2
Piper
TFH Graduate

Re: A Prequel is the answer!!

It isn't going to surprise me if we do see a prequel of sorts on this one, already there are hints that this last book may not be the last, and she has talked of writing a book on the background, etc. But you can bet it won't be coming any time real soon....
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 07:39   #3
Vold. E. Mort
Crucio!

I'll go on record right now saying.......... I'll buy a copy! I know JKR is hurting for money, so it's the least I can do lol
Vold. E. Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 09:23   #4
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

Yes, DD's early days, Marauder era, heck even mid life adventures of Harry or his kids....... If JKR writes it, I will read it......

I have read fan fictions on Marauders, Odd pairings, Pre Hogwarts, Founders era...... I am amazed at how many people are touched by this fever JKR invented......

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 11:12   #5
Vold. E. Mort
Crucio!

Assuming he lives through DH, you gotta wonder what Harry will do for a living. I mean, would he still want to be an auror considering how the MOM has treated him during OOTP and HBP? What else is there for a guy like Harry to do? I've always wondered, outside the MOM or owning some sort of shop like in Diagon Alley, what IS there to do in the wizard world? Think about it, everyone we know and love is either an auror (moody, tonks, etc..), shop owner (olivander, the ice cream guy, rosemerta, etc..) a teacher (DD, snape, etc..) writes for/owns a magazine/newspaper (Skeeter, Luna's dad), works for the MOM (mr. weasley, mr. digory, etc..) or a Quidditch player of international fame (Krum) Flamel was an alchemist, but the guy made his own gold, so it wasn't hard to put food on the table with that hobby to fall back on.. What else is there to do? Have there been any chars that have had a profession outside of these examples? People can build there own stuff, repair their own stuff, travel by their own means (or take the knightbus, so there is another occupation I guess).. There just don't seem to be a lot of jobs out there.

Oh, and I think a founders era book would be a wonderful. Griffindor and Slytherin were best of friends at one time, if you can imagine such a thing! Love to learn more about them.. Like for example, why in the world did Slytherin feel the need to build his chamber of secrets and why would he keep a massive snake in there? Sounds like he and Hagrid would have been fast friends..
Vold. E. Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 16:26   #6
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I'm sure JKR has made an official response on this question before, it was something along on the lines of by the time she finishes book 7 - all he history will be revealed and there will be nothing to write about - I guess in a few days we will see how true that is!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 19:32   #7
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

i have said it before and ill say it again, tom riddle's adventures at hogwarts! it would be like hp but evil! it would start off with him at the orphanage, dumbledore coming to get him (his point of view of that scene would be fascinating) and his opening the chamber of secrets
Old 19-07-2007, 19:38   #8
Horntail88
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vold. E. Mort View Post
Assuming he lives through DH, you gotta wonder what Harry will do for a living. I mean, would he still want to be an auror considering how the MOM has treated him during OOTP and HBP? What else is there for a guy like Harry to do? I've always wondered, outside the MOM or owning some sort of shop like in Diagon Alley, what IS there to do in the wizard world? Think about it, everyone we know and love is either an auror (moody, tonks, etc..), shop owner (olivander, the ice cream guy, rosemerta, etc..) a teacher (DD, snape, etc..) writes for/owns a magazine/newspaper (Skeeter, Luna's dad), works for the MOM (mr. weasley, mr. digory, etc..) or a Quidditch player of international fame (Krum) Flamel was an alchemist, but the guy made his own gold, so it wasn't hard to put food on the table with that hobby to fall back on.. What else is there to do? Have there been any chars that have had a profession outside of these examples? People can build there own stuff, repair their own stuff, travel by their own means (or take the knightbus, so there is another occupation I guess).. There just don't seem to be a lot of jobs out there.
There's of course, Healers, Librarians, Researchers (for new spells/potions), Potion Masters (to make those difficult potions they sell in the stores), and if all else, just a Muggle job with a Muggle income that's converted to Wizard-world money by Gringotts.
Horntail88 is offline   Reply With Quote