Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Goblet of Fire

Discussions on Goblet of Fire "I don't know who put my name in the Goblet of Fire ..."

Old 05-11-2004, 13:48   #11
Nagini
Time Turners

Re: Blood of thy enemy forcibly taken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boing
What if the blood has something else in it? Wait, are we in speculation thread? Okay.

So, what if there was something in Harry's blood that Voldemort wanted? It's a good point that he thought Harry was going to die shortly after having the blood taken, so why would he want that protection removed? What if, like other people have speculated (in and out of the books) - part of Voldemort was transferred to Harry the night of the curse and Voldemort is trying to get it back?

Perhaps what he might have gotten back was what made Dumbledore a bit triumphant . . . maybe it won't do what Voldemort thinks, but will make him vulnerable to another kind of attack . . .
Now that is a good point you make Boing - nice one!

Yes of course, Voldemort wasn't planning on Harry living to tell all to Dumbledore and he wasn't planning on Harry being around to have the same sort of magic in his blood that Voldemort will have not that he has taken back what was transferred to Harry that fateful night.

Could this then be the power that the Dark Lord knows not do you think?
Old 05-11-2004, 14:23   #12
Boing
Pops in randomly

Nagini, I like the idea that this is the power the Dark Lord knows not. Very interesting.

CTS - I really want to think that there will be more to the showdown than just a slow death and all they have to do is stay out of Voldemort's way. I'd love for the face-to-face interaction, etc., so I'm voting for something more along the lines of vulnerability, not allergy.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 14:30   #13
Kingsley
TFH Graduates

I agree that it wont be more of a blood allergy thing because that sounds too muggle like--
What if this blood transference was like a two way radio--what if everytime Harry felt a strong enotion--Voldemort actually felt it--next book when a Weasley dies--and Harry gets upset about it--what if we see the panic it caused V--to finally have love in his blood but it also masks his enemy's love

Trying to be normal these days

Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:42   #14
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I wonder, if the 'thing' he got back inside that blood was a little more humanity?
We know that Voldemort had become something barely human - what if when he took the blood he also took another step back toward humanity - and as such vulnerable?
Dumbledore's look still worries me greatly - the guy just isn't right sometimes ...
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 10:28   #15
Jenelle
Supreme Mugwump

I think that although their might very well be something in DD's expression, I believe that he was just giving Harry a reassuring gesture, to give him some hope-he wants Harry to win the fight with Voldemort(I think) but he also wants the prophecy to be fulfilled as well.
So I guess what I'm saying is that maybe DD is happy that he is back and perhaps that their is something in the blood that will help the good side, but also sad because he is back and he knows that Harry will be the target from then till the end.
OotP movie comes out.
AND
Deathly Hallows is released.
I cant wait!
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 15:12   #16
Kingsley
TFH Graduates

No actually DD has only shown remorse in book 5--the rest of the series he is pretty stoic
If Dumbledore was hurt that much by the knowledge he received when Voldemort took Harry's blood he would have shared it--
Even in book 5 Dumbledore still did not disclose all of the information about the prophecy to Harry
One thing we can be sure of is that whatever situation the taking of the blood has caused--Dumbledore already knows of it

Trying to be normal these days

Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 15:27   #17
Boing
Pops in randomly

I still like the idea that there was something in the blood that makes Voldemort more vulnerable. Again, looking at the theory that there is much more to the prophecy than we are privy to, I think it makes sense that Dumbledore can feel triumphant - perhaps this was a part of the prophecy.

What if the exchange of blood signifies the "marking as an equal?" We have all assumed that the mark was the lightning bolt and the transference of some powers from Voldemort to Harry, but what if it has just happened here - they share the same blood now and are considered equals . . .

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Old 17-11-2004, 05:08   #18
Alz
Head Unspeakable

The first effects of this blood transfer seem to be a huge negative ... as in Harry looses a major security feature ... on face value does this mean Dumbledore is happy at this?

So - we are onto speculation and the premise that in fact it was a good thing that this happened - 2 ways of looking at that as well - one DiE and one unknown quality.
If the effect was to take away a magical protection - does that mean it also took away a magical property of Voldemort?
Could this yet again be another sign of Voldemort becoming more human?

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 17-11-2004, 14:54   #19
Boing
Pops in randomly

Perhaps the thing that Voldemort did that seemed to have worked in conquering death was take away that part of him that could either feel human emotion or that part of him that was Muggle. Either way, that would mean that Harry has now infused him with one of those properties that he tried to get rid of before (and that seemed to have worked).

Unfortunately, I don't think Voldemort would be that stupid to invite something that he tried to get rid of back into his body.

So, I guess I'm back to Voldemort not realizing just what the effect of the blood transfer would do - that Voldemort thinks it gives him some special protection (or, at the very least, he thought it would mean that he could in the short term just kill Harry whereas he couldn't before) and now it will come back to bite him.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Old 17-11-2004, 15:02   #20
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I think I said earlier as well - but it was also a pride thing for Voldemort to re-birth using the blood of the person that nearly ended his life!
He has an audience and it would have been nice of him to stand there and say - "look the blood of the person that killed me also bought me back to life" ...
I think they call it petty recrimination ... he acted for retribution and didnt realy think what he was absorbing back into his body ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536