Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on general Septology

Discussions on general Septology "The One with the Power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... "

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-05-2007, 09:45   #1
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

DIATSSISE Theory

http://www.diatssise.com/index.html

The above link will get you to a site I came across on another Harry Potter site.

Pretty interesting and worth a look.

The DIATSSISE theory discusses the possiblity that Snape and Dumbledore switched places at Spinner's End therefore Dumbledore made the vow with Narcissa.

Check it out
Old 22-05-2007, 11:27   #2
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

Re: DIATSSISE Theory

What a fascinating theory! JKR spoke of something she had hidden in the stories that would devastate her if it we uncovered. Could this be it? I'm going to start re-reading HBP tonight.
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 14:56   #3
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

That is a totaly amazing theory! It makes perfect sense . . . just too bad I didn't come up with it! Allways knew I trusted Snape, maybe I had just figured that theory out subconciously!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 05:01   #4
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

It is pretty intesresting isn't it. I have been going over it a lot in my head. I need to skim the chapter on Spinners End again.

There are a few holes in it though. For me a lot is based on assumption here and there.

For example: We never really ever saw Snape interacting with people he considers peers. So it would be possible he would have manners and speak politely to them. One thing I do know is that he seems respectful to Dumbldore when he talks to him. He adresses him as Headmaster. And it appears that he has a relationship with Minerva too as she mentions that Snape likes to remind her that Slytherin has one the house cup and is ahead of Gryffindor. (I always see it as teasing from the way she talks about it.)

I need to do reread...
Old 23-05-2007, 11:08   #5
notposs
TFH Graduate

Their is a couple of holes yes, but yuo have to admit the "Forgive me" and "fiasco" evidence is briliant the way noone else uses these phrases in any of the books apart from Dumbledore

I for one am starting to belive this theory as true I'm about 70% their now

still... now I feel tainted as if I have just read a spoiler or somthing

"To the Dark Lord I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B."
R.A.B - HBP p569

notposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 05:20   #6
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by notposs
still... now I feel tainted as if I have just read a spoiler or somthing
You know, I felt that way too. But I have also felt that way about every clue that I believed I had put to gether correctly. Every time I start to log on to this site lately I get that feeling. We want to know but . . . we don't want to know. I'm certain that there are many things in the book that we haven't even guessed at, let alone guessed correctly.

We guessed at HBP, but, NO ONE suggested that it might be Snape. When we were given chapter titles to tease us, we didn't even guess correctly then. So, guess as we might, I don't think we have ruined the book for ourselves.

We don't even know for certain that this theory, no matter how well supported is 100% correct. I would almost say that if it is, it wasn't a theory, but someone who hadd access to a "leak" and tried to present it to the public as their theory. If nothing else, at least the possibility that DIATSSISE could be wrong, is enough that you don't need to feel that the read is "spoiled"

We are a privilaged generation of HP readers, no matter what our age. We have had the privilage of reading . . . waiting and guessing . . . then reading . . . etc. All the way through the series with NO ONE but JKR knowing what happens in the end. You might say that we have been "virgin" readers of the series. All after us as of July21, will have heard . . . a little here and there, what happens. No one coming later will feel the anticipation we have felt, nor have all of the facinating discussions we have had on this board or others. Harry Potter will be read for generations to come, a timeless classic, but for us, it is ours . . . we were the first! I don't doubt but that each of us will in turn purchase books for our children and grandchilcren. We will hopefully just give them one at a time, and make them wait . . . but maybe not quite as long . . . (or else they may make their own trip to the library!)

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Old 24-05-2007, 05:28   #7
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

Well said!

I never feel like anything was spoiled for me. I mean everyone was desperately coming up with theories that Sirius was still alive and would reappear and it never happened.

We have heard so many countless theories and some were done just as well if not better than this one. JK knows her stuff and never ceases to amaze me with her twists and turns. To me that is what makes the waiting a little less painful. Once this last book comes out we will have the answers and perhaps more questions that we may never know the answer to. (which will be a huge bummer)
Old 24-05-2007, 17:12   #8
Rory
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Potter Fan View Post
We are a privilaged generation of HP readers, no matter what our age.
No one coming later will feel the anticipation we have felt, nor have all of the facinating discussions we have had on this board or others.
Very well spoken Sirius Potter Fan.

In the 1830's Charles Dicken's work was originally published in installments. A chapter a month. I can't think of anything since then that has been so eagerly anticipated.
Old 25-05-2007, 05:30   #9
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory
In the 1830's Charles Dicken's work was originally published in installments. A chapter a month. I can't think of anything since then that has been so eagerly anticipated.
A few years ago, the final book to Stephen King's 7 book gunslinger series came out, and was highly anticipated, but even that can't hold a candle to all the fanfare surrounding the release of DH. I think it will be immensely difficult for any other author to inspire such enthusiasm, as what we are experiencing. The hard part is . . . where do we go from here?

_Willy Wonka

Old 25-05-2007, 10:11   #10
Arwan
TFH Graduate

This was very interesting to read and just might be the correct answer. The only thing that stands out in my mind after reading this, is if Dumbledore did impersonate Snape why would he just use wormtail why not go and see Voldemort himself!
Arwan is offline   Reply With Quote