Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Chamber of Secrets

Discussions on Chamber of Secrets "In my fifth year, The Chamber of Secrets was opened ..."

Old 21-09-2004, 10:59   #1
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

Ginny and Tom Riddle

We all know that Ginny Weasley was in the Chamber of Secrets with Tom Riddle and they shared a bond, and she started to die, he began to come to life again.

There was a strong bond between Ginny and Tom, and in order to gain her trust, one would think that he would have to reveal information that seemed as if it were deep and secret to him.

Could Ginny possibly know something that she thought was of liitle importance, but may, in fact , help in bringing him down?
Old 01-10-2004, 11:14   #2
Tinkerbell
Graduating

Re: Ginny and Tom Riddle

I am most definitely with you on this one WFF!

In order to gradually gain Ginny's trust and acceptance of him, Tom would have given her some little snippets, perhaps some that she does not yet remember, but with events in the next books, these could trigger "release" of this information back into her memory. I believe that Tom did some sort of memory modification on Ginny during her trances in order that she did not remember anything vital which could have jeopardised Tom's return from the diary at that time, but possible that these could 'leak' out in the future!

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 11:39   #3
Kingsley
TFH Graduates

One thing that is interesting is the fact that ginny had to die for Riddle to live but in the end--Riddle dies and Ginny lived---can we say deja vu?
I know this is not the exact same as the prophecy--but look at thay

Also Ginny is known to be linked with the chamber which is being opened up the next book--she is also dating Dean which is according to everyone with a pulse--the HPB--and JKR hinted that this book deals with "V" not dying---I would say that Ginny plays a big role in the next book

Trying to be normal these days

Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 12:21   #4
PrettyMS.Potter
TFH Graduate

I would say Ginny would play a big role in Vold downfall, If Tom told her the truth. Tom even said 'I had to tell her some of my own secrets to gain her turst. But now my question is did he tell her the truth or just lied to her to gain her trust.? Do we think that Tom told her really true secrets about hiself?

~~"Don't be so humble, you're not that great."~~

~~ The Dark Lord will Live ~~There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it...
PrettyMS.Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 12:58   #5
Kingsley
TFH Graduates

"V" has never come across as a liar--i think Tom told Ginny the truth or he would have said something different to harry than saying his own secrets--even when Riddle was asked by Dumbledore is there anything he wishes to tell him--he told him the truth--he didnt want to tell him--
But I guess he lied to Hagrid when he blamed the spider as the monster

Old 02-10-2004, 10:24   #6
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Interesting idea's all
OK, I have my own opinions on this one ...
We are nearly all sure the Diary Incident was a 'step' Voldemort took long ago to ensure he was always around, well at least I am
With this in mind, it is plausible that the 'whatever' that was trapped in the diary would have known that if it was ever called into action that Riddle/Voldemort was dead ...
Now, taking steps to ensure ones mortality cant be easy and not taken lightly, indeed if you put one in place and it worked, you would be pretty damn happy!

So what is my point?
Riddle would have a level of comprehension that if his 'whatever' was needed to resurrect, he was in real trouble ...
So, with this in mind, why would he let slip any details that could lead to another death!
He may have left steps to ensure his survival but he didn't have the 'time' to lay hundred's of them, each one precious if it worked ...
Ginny was lonely as a first year, she wasn't a huge social fiend and felt somewhat 'isolated' at Hogwarts ...
Tom represented a friend and confident and I don't think it took him too long to work out the way to manipulate her was to be that 'friend' ... and that is what they talked about all those hours - in fact he even mentioned her inane chatter in CoS ...

So short answer - no, this rebirth was too vital to let slip the key to kill him!
I know he planned to kill her, I know the plan would have seen her dead ... but I don't think Voldemort is that complacent!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 16:17   #7
Boing
Pops in randomly

I have to agree with Blaise on this one. I always thought that he had really just come through the diary as a shoulder to cry on/listening ear, etc. She was lonely, she felt isolated from the rest of the group and didn't know where she fit in. She found the diary, started writing in it, and when it wrote back to her, she kept going with all her preteen angst.

As for the "secrets" Riddle told her, I think that those might have been along a more personal nature, like that he felt isolated, that he was an orphan perhaps, those types of things. I don't discount, though, that one of those little nuggets could prove somewhat useful - Voldemort has been known to slip up before!

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 14:49   #8
Aurora
TFH Graduates

I would have to agree with Blaise. Plus we can't assume that what he told her, the secrets if you wish to call them this was how he could be killed. That would seem to careless and reckless.

I would imagine some of what he shared with Ginny would have been his own fears and loneliness growing up. None of us can truly dispute that Tom Riddle had a very lonesome childhood. He probably used some of his experience and feelings to help Ginny relate to him and therefore opening her up to him and allowing him to utilize her to gain life again.

This is just my 2 cents on the matter.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 14:58   #9
Kingsley
TFH Graduates

If Riddle thought she was going to die later I dont see why he wouldnt tell her anything of importance because it wouldnt have mattered
I think some childhood fears could still prove useful as well--
I think it is safe to assume that everything Ginny knows about riddle has not been shared yet

Old 25-10-2004, 15:03   #10
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

I agree Kings. If he thought that Ginny was going to die, then why not tell her things? Obviously, he didn't reveal his entire plan to her, but I think hemight've let a few things slip. I also think that his fears and lonliness could be used against him... Perhaps it is one of these things that is "worse than death" that Voldemort can't see...