Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Chamber of Secrets

Discussions on Chamber of Secrets "In my fifth year, The Chamber of Secrets was opened ..."

Old 30-06-2005, 18:21   #11
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Re: 'Neither can live while the other survives'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortescue
Imagine if Harry could see what Voldemort was doing without his knowing, and the Order could act before Voldemort carried out his plans.

And, if he could indeed do that, might we not finaly learn for shure whether Snape is on one side or the other? If Harry sees one thing, and Snape is reporting something different. . .or, if Harry indeed sees that same thing being truthfully reported that would answer it as well!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 14:24   #12
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I think we have the potential for a return on Harry's skill.
As much as Harry will try closing Voldemort out of his mind - I still think Voldemort has the potential to sneak through Harry when he least expects it.
But the observation about Snape was a good one - I really do think Snape will be worried now he had Harry in his head - he knows the boy can do it ...
Wonder if he will take the Dumbledore approach and just avoid Harry now
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:36   #13
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMS.Potter
The connection between them was the diary. Right THerefore the connection I see with Harry and Voldemort is the Scar which we all know. But that diary had secrets and information that may lead to the death of voldemort. What secrets and information can help us solve the connection between harry and Vold? It has memories - I also think memories will play a HUGE role in the next book you now the famous PENSIEVE.
Back to the connection between Harry and Voldemort. A possible advantage to Harry is that until Voldemort possessed the snake, and Snape told Harry that that particular intrusion into Voldemorts mind was so strong, that's what made Voldemort aware that Harry was in his mind, Harry definitely had the advantage. When Voldemort began entering Harry's mind through the same connection, we saw the adverse affect that had on Harry. His intrusions into Voldemort's mind were painful, and made him physically ill at times, but Voldemort's intrusions not only made Harry feel ill, but also made him feel murderous, as in the two times he looked Dumbledore in the eyes in OotP. For Harry to have the affects he had prior to Voldemort's awareness of the connection, and for Voldemort to have not been aware at all that Harry was there could be a big thing. If Harry can learn Occlumency and block his mind, maybe he can control the connection enough to go back to being able to intrude in Voldemort's mind without Voldemort being any the wiser. It seems the only way the connection can be broken is when one of the two, (Voldemort, of course,) is dead and the connection no longer exists.

I think the big thing here will be, as Pretty said, when we see Harry and Dumbledore using the Pensieve in HBP, and possibly learn what really happened between Harry and Voldemort the night of the attack on the Potters.

Think about his green eyes like his mothers

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 13:16   #14
Alz
Head Unspeakable

In the instances you mentioned - and the one that sticks in my mind - notice it was Harry feeling hateful and the result was him wanting to strike at Dumbledore ..
Point I am making here is that there was more of a snake 'impression' than that of Voldemort - as in the actions Harry wanted to take were snake like and not just Voldemort wanting to scream AK at him ...
I hope you can see what I am saying - when Harry was under control is seemed almost like it was a snake like action and not that of Voldemort - so are we back to the Nagini link here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoTP
At once, Harry's scar burned white-hot, as though the old wound had burst open again - and unbidden, unwanted, but terrifyingly strong, there rose within Harry a hatred so powerful he felt, for that instant, that he would like nothing better than to strike - to bite - to sink his fangs into the man before him -."

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 10-07-2005, 18:58   #15
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

That makes complete sense. In that quote we saw what Harry felt when he looked in Dumbledore's eyes as a transference of Voldemort's hate for Dumbledore. The connection, just as Dumbledore feared, had adverse effect on Harry. It made him feel murderous toward Dumbledore - someone who we know Harry would never dream of harming in the slightest. The connection of the snake is obvious considering Voldemort's physical appearance and the basis of his bloodline is the connection to the snake through Slytherin, and the transference of power from Voldemort to Harry the night of the attack. Voldemort created the link between himself and Harry by trying to kill him. That could be why Dumbledore checked the small instrument that showed the smoky snake splitting into two distinct snakes to make sure the connection was not changing and Harry was not being possessed. I think the connection between Harry and Voldemort and the fact that it is so strong could be very useful if Harry could learn to control it.

Remember when Harry tried to tell Sirius about the incident mentioned in the quote when in the pantry at Grimmauld Place after Mr. Weasley's attack. Sirius said it was probably because he had just had the dream and didn't take it seriously. I sometimes think Sirius needed to think a little more deeply when it came to Harry and his connection to Voldemort - maybe he would still be alive.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 13:15   #16
Alz
Head Unspeakable

You kinda miss my point on this one hun ...
Notice at the intersection Voldemort see's via Harry - he see's the person he really hates - mainly because he represents a real threat to him - it triggers a snake like response in Harry.
It isnt Voldemorts actions that swell in Harry's mind - it is the action of a snake.
Now then - can we gleam from this that even Harry might have some connections to Nagini - or the fact Nagini is so important to the series because they both have a connection via her in some respect - like she acts like a conduit to both of them.
Harry see's someone being attacked from Nagini's POV - this is the attack on Arthur - we are told this is because Voldemort is controlling her - yet notice Harry see's Nagini and not Voldemort.
Can you tell me that is a coincidence that when they mentally connect or clash as the case may be - the snake element plays an over-riding and somewhat strong connection there?

Where is this going - well the object that dictates the well being of Voldemort is the snake - so what if Harry just has to work on Nagini to get the real edge on Voldemort?
In CoS the projection mechanism was the diary - I go as far as to say that perhaps the overall linking device in this case - is Nagini ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536