Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Character Discussion > Discussions on Muggles, magical creatures and everything else ..

Discussions on Muggles, magical creatures and everything else .. "Them! Don' listen properly, do they? Don' look properly either."

Old 09-01-2005, 12:42   #31
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Magic Late in Life

Well see Filch - he is doing a Kwik Spell course - obvious he wants to be magical even thou he isnt - and well knowing Filch he didnt take the course just to while away the hours.
I think there is an outside chance he might be the one - and just imagine how funny it would be!
I have this vision of him cornering Harry and co - then suddenly something appears and he just break out this spell - saves the gang and becomes a hero - ok a little to over the top maybe
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 15:22   #32
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

I think that Petunia could be the one. I wonder if she is Lily's younger sister? If so, when she was 11 and never received her letter, then she could possibly have suppressed any magic in her that she may have had (I guess this could work even if she was Lily's older sister). If Petunia is magical somehow, it lends itself to say that Dudley saw the Dementors as a possible squib, BUT he wouldn't suspect that, and would believe Harry had cast a spell on him. I do agree that what Dudley saw, means the bad memories. HHHH What if his bad memories are of his mother doing magic in secret!!

Now, for my thoughts on the other possibilities...Dudley would use magic to get back at Harry, and to bully others, if he ever accepted the fact of course. Vernon would probably go insane if he discovered he had his own magic.
Filch...well...I think he has put in too much effort for it to actually amount to anything. And if someone else late in life does it, it would fuel Filch with jealousy AGAIN.

Oh...lol it could be Lockhart...maybe he regains his memory or something...

Mrs Figg is likely also, but a squib is a squib. A non magical person from two wizarding parents, right? So any trace, even the slightest, would have to be noticed as a child?
Old 25-08-2005, 18:10   #33
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

It was Morope.

It is said, plainly, by Dumbledore, that her magic was not much while she was terrorised by her father, but once she was free of him and her brother, she could do it.
I mean, her own father was calling her a squib, which tells me that she could barely do any magic, at all.
Old 26-08-2005, 11:32   #34
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashlie
It was Morope.

It is said, plainly, by Dumbledore, that her magic was not much while she was terrorised by her father, but once she was free of him and her brother, she could do it.
I mean, her own father was calling her a squib, which tells me that she could barely do any magic, at all.
Somewhat agreed - although as I said in another post she could do magic - but was not too good based on her fathers constant bullying - as such I took JKR's comments to mean someone who has never done magic ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 26-08-2005, 16:38   #35
Snuffles
the keepr of the Veil

Uh.... would I get some "you're-nuts-remark" when I say....

Dudley would be a wizard!!!!

no, seriously. i think that is possible.
One of the fans mentioned this idea in another site, and JKR commented, "a fun idea."
Just suppose.. Dudley with his fat bottoms, swinging his way to the Sorting Hat.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him? croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey!"

"NOT MY DAUGTER, YOU B****!" -Mrs. Weasely

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" said Ron.
Snuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 18:53   #36
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

I loved the idea of Dudders being a wizard too, but JKR has said there is no more to Dudley than what we've already been told

Diddy Dunkems misses out, I'm afraid...although it would have been cool to see Harry get to pick on him for a change
Old 27-08-2005, 01:23   #37
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashlie
I loved the idea of Dudders being a wizard too, but JKR has said there is no more to Dudley than what we've already been told

Diddy Dunkems misses out, I'm afraid...although it would have been cool to see Harry get to pick on him for a change
Yah was about to say that as well - this is also makes me wonder if Petunia isnt as well - we know that Harry isnt going to be around the Dursley's too much in book 7 - I think there is a few loose ends to tie up and that will be done so the story can move on ... making Petunia the person to do magic late in life would make her and the Dursley's quite important in book 7.

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 27-08-2005, 07:01   #38
Boing
Pops in randomly

But JKR said in the same interview that there is more to Petunia than we know already. She said she isn't a Squib, but that is the right thinking . . . then she said she was giving too much away and she had to stop. She has also said that while we wouldn't see much of the Dursleys in HBP, we would see much more of them in the last book . . . fuels the fire for Petunia a bit more . . .

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2005, 02:33   #39
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I think I need to go re-read interviews
See I got the feeling from Harry he was intending to make the visit to the Dursley's a 'flier' as in stick head in door - maybe sleep overnight then go hunting Horcruxes.
I suppose given what we saw in HBP and the DE's are coming more into the Muggle world - might be plausible Harry has a welcome party when he gets back there

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 08-12-2006, 19:29   #40
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

Can you imagine uncle Vernon's face!.Still what did you think of page 58 H.B.P. ;
" None of the dursleys said anything. Dudley was frowning slightly, as though he was still trying to work out when he had ever been mistreated. Uncle Vernon looked as though he had something stuck in his throat; AUNT PETUNIA, HOWEVER, WAS ODDLY FLUSHED."
This could mean guilt over mistreating Harry, or embarrasment, but maybe something more.....