Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating Book 7 - Deathly Hallows

Predicating Book 7 - Deathly Hallows Predictions on the events and happenings of Book 7.

View Poll Results: Will Harry, Ron and Hermione all three live to the end of book 7?
Yes! 7 53.85%
No! 5 38.46%
Unsure! 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-05-2005, 13:16   #1
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Will Harry, Ron, and Hermione all live to the end of book 7?

The question is rather simple - will all three of our heroes live to the end of book 7?

If you don't think so, please give a reason

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 14:26   #2
Tonks
Unspeakable

Re: Will Harry, Ron, and Hermione all live to the end of book 7?

For the sole purpose of being optimistic, I voted yes.

However, I think it is unlikely. I think that Ron or Hermione needs to die and sort of clear the way so that Harry will make the move to defeat Voldemort. As much as i dont want it to happen, I think that it is necessary for the plot to continue.

And then we have Harry, and I really think he will live, but I suppose that is optimism talking again.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 13:02   #3
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I voted a nice and simple no ...

I believe at least one of the trio will die - my fav is Ron right now - just feel he really does need to go to make the real impression he needs to - as in stand up and by himself away from the Potter shadow ...
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 13:29   #4
Nagini
Time Turners

I hate to be dark here but I voted no. I think one of them will die in book 7 - although it won't be easy for fans to take, they (the characters) will be older then and obviously still battling Voldemort. I think considering all they have faced and all that Harry is still to face, that the chances all three make it out of book 7 alive are pretty slim.
Old 28-05-2005, 13:50   #5
Tinkerbell
Graduating

*La La La hands over ears in attempt to ignore fact that one of them may die....*

I voted yes, as I hate to think of one of them dying! Perhaps I am in denial as I think the trio are almost like one living breathing entity and if one of them dies, then the other two will be lost! I don't want one of them to die, and defo not our Ron!

I think there will be some deaths, and it could well be someone extremely close to Harry (after all, lost Sirius so far) but not his bezzie mates!!!

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 14:08   #6
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

LOL Tink, I like your form of denial.

I too voted yes. I don't think JKR will kill off one of the three heroes, only because these are childrens books and many children are big fans of the three main characters in the books and the movies. If JKR thinks she gets the rough side of the religious idiots, wait until she kills off one of the heroes and see how many storms come in from all different directions. I'm taking about kids having nightmares and visits to the shrink. I can see her killing of more peripheral characters, even a few of the big, well loved ones, but not one of the main three. If she kills off Ron, Harry or Hermione she might as well blow up the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause while she's at it.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 17:02   #7
Snuffles
the keepr of the Veil

YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
I believe at least one of the trio will die - my fav is Ron right now - just feel he really does need to go to make the real impression he needs to
You're such pessimist, Blaise! i'm just the opposite.
None of them will have to die, I think. Sure, Ron would have to learn how to be himself and not be covered by Harry's shadow, but I think he already did that. He became a Prefect when Harry didn't, had a nice row with Harry in the beginning of GoF because Ron didn't want Harry to be such a stupid, fame-basked git.

And JKR said herself that Ron would probably not die. He does know some good hexes from DA, you know?

If any of the trio had to die, though, i think it would be hermione. Not that i want her to die. i still believe all three of them would make it till the end. But as clever as she is---now, why didn't she get in Ravenclaw?? I always wondered--she's not brave enough. She can't even ride a broom, for crying out loud.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him? croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey!"

"NOT MY DAUGTER, YOU B****!" -Mrs. Weasely

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" said Ron.
Snuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 09:57   #8
Boing
Pops in randomly

I voted No.

Boy there are some things other people have said that I would like to respond to, but I know this isn't a discussion area . . . argh.

Anyway, I am also thinking that Ron will die. The way he has set down his life to make way for the others already in the other books makes me think he will do it one more time and this time, it won't have a happy ending like in PS/SS when he just gets knocked out on the chessboard.

JKR hasn't ever told us who will survive to the end, she's made sure of that. She's told us that people are very worried about Ron, but has also said that her plans have not changed since the beginning of the series, so if Ron is destined to die, he is still going to die, no matter how many fans get upset.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 22:34   #9
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

I voted unsure.

I think one may die, but at the end, when we find out what happened later in their lives...
I too am optimistic that none will die during the battle of Voldemort, but, looking at it logically, if they are going to stand by Harry's side in battle, then the curses that miss him are going to hit something.
Old 08-12-2005, 14:11   #10
Pip
TFH Graduate

They will all survive!!! (I say this whilst crossing my legs, arms and fingers and stroking my good luck Rabbit's paw keyring!)

I would like to see all three characters survive, other people around them may die, but it justs seems right that all three of them should get through the entire series. I'd miss Rons jokes if he went and i'd love to see Ron and Hermione finally get it together, it would be a travesty if they did and then one of them snuffed it!

If Harry or his scar is an unintentional horcrux I just hope theres someway of removing that part of Voldys soul from him without him dying. Maybe he can get a dementor whos had his fill of souls, and can only wedge an after eight sized piece of soul in his stomach to extract it!!

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."
Cornelius Fudge, HBP ch 1

WHY ARE YOU WORRING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

HBP
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote