Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Character Discussion

HBP Character Discussion Any facts or details from HBP on new and old characters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 31-07-2006, 20:50   #21
Muggle Lover
I'm a N00b

Re: Slytherin's Locket

if i misunderstood anything said before, please forgive me, but it seems we are all under the impression that the locket horcrux was destroyed some time past. this may be going out on a limb here, but what if it was only recently destroyed? we are never really told what happened to the cursed locket which was givaen to Katie and then taken by Snape. perhaps the fake left behind is this same locket? now assuming this is true, then Regulus could not be R. A. B., because he is now out of the picture.
if this idea seems too stupid, please dont redicule too much, i just thought the idea was worth sharing
Muggle Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 14:59   #22
frodobaggins
TFH Graduate

the locket was destroyed by R.A.B.
now i know the message says "plans to" destroy it but sometimes we have to assume things in the book. remember dumbledore doesnt know %100 that voldemort made 6 horcruxes we just assume he's right. i think in the final book they wont look for the locket

just my opinion
frodobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:41   #23
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

No way. It cant be kreacher. R.A.B would have to be barking mad to take kreacher along with him on such a sensitive mission. Regulus was a death eater. But as soon as he found out about what Dark lord was upto, he went against him. Do you really think he would risk kreacher telling all stories about their adventure to bellatrix and rest of the dark lord followers after Regulus was gone???
He was smart enough to know that finding that Horcrux meant that death was near. Dark lord wouldnt spare him. He must be smart enough to do it alone or had help from someone who was not on dark side.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggle Lover
if i misunderstood anything said before, please forgive me, but it seems we are all under the impression that the locket horcrux was destroyed some time past. this may be going out on a limb here, but what if it was only recently destroyed? we are never really told what happened to the cursed locket which was givaen to Katie and then taken by Snape. perhaps the fake left behind is this same locket? now assuming this is true, then Regulus could not be R. A. B., because he is now out of the picture.
if this idea seems too stupid, please dont redicule too much, i just thought the idea was worth sharing
Ideas are always good mate. no need to worry about that.
I am sure your thinking is reasonable. But I think it wasnt a locket that cause Katie's injuries. It was a necklace. a cursed one of course. But not a Locket.

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw

Last edited by Alz; 05-08-2006 at 11:12..
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:34   #24
SnapeLovesLily
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedcactus
No way. It cant be kreacher. R.A.B would have to be barking mad to take kreacher along with him on such a sensitive mission. Regulus was a death eater. But as soon as he found out about what Dark lord was upto, he went against him. Do you really think he would risk kreacher telling all stories about their adventure to bellatrix and rest of the dark lord followers after Regulus was gone???
He was smart enough to know that finding that Horcrux meant that death was near. Dark lord wouldnt spare him. He must be smart enough to do it alone or had help from someone who was not on dark side.......

It's true I could see kreacher telling Bellatrix what they had done. But If Regulus is clever enough to get into the cave and make it all the way to the Locket then I believe he was able to convince kreacher what they were doing was for the dark lord. And no one knows that the locket has been switched and taken except HP and the late DD. And if he had help from someone that was not on the darkside why did they not tell DD about it.
SnapeLovesLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:16   #25
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedcactus
We also need to remember - if RAB is Regulus and he did take kreacher - he was also able to give kreacher orders - and telling him he couldnt tell another living person would have done the trick - in fact it might actually explain why Regulus was killed - kreacher passed back that Regulus had become a traitor but couldnt tell them exactly what he had done to be a traitor - Voldemort issued his orders ..
Just another thought?
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:06   #26
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alz
We also need to remember - if RAB is Regulus and he did take kreacher - he was also able to give kreacher orders - and telling him he couldnt tell another living person would have done the trick - in fact it might actually explain why Regulus was killed - kreacher passed back that Regulus had become a traitor but couldnt tell them exactly what he had done to be a traitor - Voldemort issued his orders ..
Just another thought?
House elves are bound to keep secrets of their masters. TRUE
But in this case the master is dead. Kreacher's master after RAB was Sirius, and then Harry.
If RAB took kreacher with him, Kreacher is free of RAB the moment he died. that means he can tell anyone he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapeLovesLily
It's true I could see kreacher telling Bellatrix what they had done. But If Regulus is clever enough to get into the cave and make it all the way to the Locket then I believe he was able to convince kreacher what they were doing was for the dark lord. And no one knows that the locket has been switched and taken except HP and the late DD. And if he had help from someone that was not on the darkside why did they not tell DD about it.
Convincing Kreacher of keeping his mouth shut from dark witches and wizards he worships?
I am sorry. I would like to disagree respectfully.
But your second point makes a good arguement. Why DD didnt know about this. Or maybe someone out there lurking with all these secrets under sleeves, too scared to come out in open.

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
Old 20-08-2006, 10:43   #27
SnapeLovesLily
TFH Graduate

That is true kreacher is a wreched fool and i assume he would tell if he could, but JKR sets it up perfectly in GoF with the House Elf liberation Front with all the house elf rights and what they can and can't do, and how Winky could not even tell the most simple of secrets to Harry even after her master had released her.
Old 20-08-2006, 15:19   #28
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

Quote:
That is true kreacher is a wreched fool and i assume he would tell if he could, but JKR sets it up perfectly in GoF with the House Elf liberation Front with all the house elf rights and what they can and can't do, and how Winky could not even tell the most simple of secrets to Harry even after her master had released her.
Winky was released. TRUE.
But not telling secret of Crouch family was winky's decision by choice, Not because law banned her from doing it.
Harry and others asked her thinking that she was released so she will volunteer all that.
Winky still had a hope that she will go back to crouch family, so she didnt wish to volunteer all the info.
She would not have broken any law.
Dobby was a house elf to Malfoys. Dobby knew what Lucius Malfoy was upto. Dobby came to warn Harry just because Dobby thought that was the right thing to do. Dobby punished himself later for doing it. But Dobby has become a true aly to Harry after he got released. So Dobby is not under any elf law. Same with Winky too. It is just that Winky didnt feel too brave, and didnt share that crucial info with Harry.
I am seriously thinking that a character that we cant even imagine is at work here. More info on RAB will prove this in book 7.

Old 21-08-2006, 17:38   #29
SnapeLovesLily
TFH Graduate

I'm reaching, I'll admit it. But the House Elf Liberation Front was a set up for something and we have yet to figure it out, and the testing of Kreacher to see if he belongs to Harry in HBP.I think it has something to do with kreachers position in the next book as to who possesses the locket. From a storytelling point of view it just makes since to me. But your points are exactly correct. No argument here.
Old 22-08-2006, 04:32   #30
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

Quote:
I'm reaching, I'll admit it. But the House Elf Liberation Front was a set up for something and we have yet to figure it out, and the testing of Kreacher to see if he belongs to Harry in HBP.I think it has something to do with kreachers position in the next book as to who possesses the locket. From a storytelling point of view it just makes since to me. But your points are exactly correct. No argument here.
I agree that more info and facts about house elves would serve us better. And your second point is the one I agree with most.
Yes, Kreacher could be holding a crucial information about that locket. But without know that it is a Horcrux. I am sure that Harry will turn to kreacher when he realises who RAB was.