Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Character Discussion

HBP Character Discussion Any facts or details from HBP on new and old characters

Old 08-03-2007, 08:57   #21
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

Re: Luna inlove?

your right, i hope to gosh it isnt Luna! that would be too much for my heart to take. and i just had a thought, maybe the reason Luna laughs so hard at Ron's jokes is because she is socially awkward because she doesnt have too many friends. does she laugh as hard at the jokes by the end of OoTP? i dunno, i forget, or maybe we havent seen her laugh since. i know she is described as having maniacal laughter at some point, but i cant remember when that was. so, maybe her over-exuberant laughter is just Luna trying (and failing miserably) to fit in with the other kids? she doesnt have many friends after all. remember how she described the DA: "'I enjoyed the meetings too,' said Luna serenely. 'It was like having friends.'" (HBP, American Hardcover, page 138)

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31   #22
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

Re: Luna inlove?

I don't know.....Luna is definitely a misfit, and she certainly knows it...and I think she definitely wants to have friends, but I don't think she's the type to go over the top to try to get them. She's a free spirit, and free spirited people usually don't give a rip what people think of them. I'm sure she would like for people to not make fun of her or hide her stuff, but I don't see her as the type to try to fit in.
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote