Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on general Septology

Discussions on general Septology "The One with the Power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... "

Old 01-02-2007, 17:33   #21
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

Re: Godric Gryffindor/ Harry Potter

see.....told you......ok....you win.....
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 14:00   #22
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

i actually think that Dumbledore was the Heir Of Gryffindor.
The hat was Gryffindor's, lived at the school, but why was the sword there? I think it belonged to DD, and along with all of his other trinkets and gadgets, he moved it in to the office with him when he became Headmaster. there were other reasons i believe this the case, i just can't remember them right now

(just quietly, why did Godric Gryffindor's office become office to the headmaster?)
Old 18-02-2007, 15:03   #23
Padma Patil
Dumbledore's Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashlie View Post
I think it belonged to DD, and along with all of his other trinkets and gadgets, he moved it in to the office with him when he became Headmaster. there were other reasons i believe this the case, i just can't remember them right now
I don't think the sword was originally in Dumbledore's office. I think harry pulled it out of the sorting hat on his own. Perhaps the sword was hidden somewhere else in the castle, but I don't think it was originally in Dumbledore's office, does it ever say it was in the books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashlie View Post
just quietly, why did Godric Gryffindor's office become office to the headmaster?
Where in the books does it say that Dumbledore's office used to be Gryffindor's office? I'm not trying to ripremand you or be sarcastic or anything, but I seriously don't remember anything being said about Gryffindor's office now being Dumbledore's office.

Back to the topic though, I do agree that Harry is related to Gryffindor. It would just make sense. If Voldemort is Slytherin's hier than it would make sense that Harry would be Gryffindor's hier. Not to mention all the little things that help support that claim. Things like when Harry first holds his wand red and gold sparks shoot out of it (Gryffindor colors). James and Lily chose a place to live in called 'Godric's Hallow'. Between the choice of Harry and Neville, Harry was the one chosen by Voldemort to complete the prophecy. And numerous other little things that I can't think of at the moment because I don't have the books with me.

As just a side note though, do you think it would be possible for Harry and Dumbledore to be related? There isn't much proof toward it, but just an idea.

"Look . . . at . . . me. . . ." he whispered.
- Severus Snape
DH pg. 658 Ch. 32 (US edition)
Padma Patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 23:18   #24
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

it would just fit if harry was the heir to slytherin, i was about to say the red and gold sparks thing but padma patil beat me to it! because it was slytherin and gryffindor who originally had the fight over pure-bloods and led to slytherin making his chamber. hmmm i think perhaps j.k should include a pensieve memory of the four of them, it would reveal a lot
Old 19-02-2007, 18:09   #25
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

I would be most disappointed if JKR denied that Harry was the Heir of Gryffindor and then we find out that he is. I did suggest in another thread that it may be possible for both Dumbledore and Harry could be some kind of incarnation of Gryffindor in a similar way to the incarnations of the His Holiness the 14th the Dalai Lama.
There wasn't a great deal of response to that so I assume that it was generally thought to be a naff idea.
I agree with Padma that Harry summoned Gryffindor's sword from somewhere other than Dumbledore's office. Maybe it was buried with Gryffindor. We know that there is to be some reference to a graveyard at Hogwarts.
McGonagall said that no other Headmaster or Mistress is buried at the school;
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGonagall. HBP
"If the Ministry thinks it appropriate," said Professor McGonagall. "No other headmaster or headmistress has ever been -"
but perhaps the founders never took that title?
As far as I can see there is no mention that the Headmaster's Office was once Gryffindor's. We know it was Professor Dippet's in his time, but we dot know what house he was in. We also know that currently the door knocker is in the shape of a Griffin. So it has a Griffin Door Knocker. JKR does like her word games.
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 16:39   #26
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

I still think harry is the gryffindor heir, it fits perfectly especially with the age-old battle between slytherins and gryffindors.
but what i wonder is, if he was the heir, wouldnt it seem appropriate for that to be in the prophecy? and also i think harry might have found out by now
Old 27-05-2007, 20:20   #27
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Said it before and will say it again as we head into the end game, the idea is too cliche for me - I mean it is the equivalent of wrapping things up in a nice little bow and applying name tags.
I know it it popular, I mean we know Voldemort is the last heir of Slytherin but still, good versus bad when boiled back to this basic would just seem a little cheap for such a well written series which encompasses a variety of good versus evil plots on a much better scale!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote