Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on general Septology

Discussions on general Septology "The One with the Power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... "

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-11-2005, 20:15   #1
Fleur
~ aUzZiE tErRoR ~

Talking The Seven Horcruxes

Okay, so I know there are a few different threads on who/what the 7th Horcrux is so I thought maybe we should just join in all into one thread? Okay, so this is what we've got so far:

~ Diary (destroyed by Harry)
~ Slytherin's Locket (Destroyed by RAB)
~ Hufflepuff's Cup
~ Slytherin's Ring (Destroyed by Dumbeldore)
~ Nagini
~ Voldemort's body
~ An unknown object or person

Personally, I'm betting that the7th horcrux is an object. Dumbledore himself said that it is inadvisable to use something that can think and move for itself. And Voldemort used Nagini as a Horcrux simply because he felt he needed a 7th horcrux after his attempt to kill Harry. We know that Voldemort had a thing for Hogwarts and the Founders....and he's got 2 of Slytherins and 1 of Hufflepuffs property....the only remanent of Gryffindor known is the sword which is in the Headmaster's Office at Hogwarts...so that only leaves Ravenclaw and Im certain that if the other Founders have had relics discovered, then Ravenclaw must have some as well....just a matter of what I suppose.

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."

"But we're not stupid - we know we're called Gred & Forge."

"What are Fred & I? Next door neighbours?"

"Remember Cedric Diggory."

Fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 02:38   #2
Pip
TFH Graduate

Question Re: The Seven Horcruxes

I had a conversation with my mum the other day and we came up with an idea I thought might be worth posting (don't know if its posted anywhere else, sorry).

What if we JKR has introduced us to a horcrux in each of the six books so far, by a small clue/info??.....

1. Philiosphers Stone - Harry! (If you think like me that Harry may have inadvertantly become a Horcrux). Or maybe something else e.g Mirror of Erised (which has clawed feet i.e Ravenclaw - we never find out where this comes from, maybe theres a reason why......)

2. Chamber of Secrets - Riddles Diary (Destroyed by Harry)

3. Prisoner of Azkaban - ??

4. Goblet of Fire - Nagini

5. Order of the Phoenix - Golden Locket in Grimmauld place

6. Half Blood Prince - Slytherins ring (destroyed by DD)

7. The final book - the last piece - i.e Lord Voldemort himself!!

The only negative is I haven't personally found anything in PoA (Altough Godric's Hollow is mentioned a few times) and there is uncertainty over whether Harry is a Horcrux etc.

Anybody else think there is any credability in this theory??

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."
Cornelius Fudge, HBP ch 1

WHY ARE YOU WORRING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

HBP
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 18:32   #3
Gabrielle
I'm a N00b

Lightbulb Re: The Seven Horcruxes

About when you said "Dumbledore himself said that it is inadvisable to use something that can think and move for itself." Also remember, Dumbledore also said that he may have unintentionally made Harry a horcrux. Personally, it seems very possible to me that harry is the final horcrux.

Just a couple thoughts :)
Gabrielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 04:41   #4
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: The Seven Horcruxes

I have to connect Nagini as one of the horcruxes - that is why Voldemort has snake like features ... the same as Harry looks a little like Tom Riddle
So there is two for me ...
I heard someone say the Mirror of Erised was one - gotta admit I am not opposed to that thought process.
Wildly thinking on for others - I reckon a trophy in the trophy room - we saw that in GoF film there was a great deal of them - I wonder if it will be one of the awards Tom got while there?
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2005, 10:03   #5
The Frozen North
Bloody Cold in Norway

Are we sure that Voldermort himself can be counted as a horcrux. If the assumption is that a horcrux became part of him when he regenerated we have to then open the horcrux; used vs. exists argument, which was far from concluded. If we are just saying that one seventh of his souls his in him then I have to disagree, DD clearly said that he expected Voldermort to make 7 horcruxes, not split his soul into 7, that would be 7 horcruxes plus himself. Just a few thoughts!!!!

"It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief, that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope." Robert Kennedy
The Frozen North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2005, 11:50   #6
Pip
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frozen North
Are we sure that Voldermort himself can be counted as a horcrux. If the assumption is that a horcrux became part of him when he regenerated we have to then open the horcrux; used vs. exists argument, which was far from concluded. If we are just saying that one seventh of his souls his in him then I have to disagree, DD clearly said that he expected Voldermort to make 7 horcruxes, not split his soul into 7, that would be 7 horcruxes plus himself. Just a few thoughts!!!!

I thought the part of Voldemorts soul that was used to regenerate his body in GoF was the bit that resided in his body on the night he tried to kill Harry and the AK curse backfired. His soul did not pass on to the other side ( or whatever you want to call it) because other bits of his soul were protected on earth as horcruxes. He was 'less than the meanest ghost' but survived. In my opinion you cannot use the portion of soul within horcruxes as they are no longer attached to Voldemorts body, they are prevented from leaving the earth as they encased in objects using the horcrux spell. In the chapter on horcuxes in HBP Dumbledore says that LV cannot feel when a horcrux is destroyed because that part of his soul has been parted from his body for such a long time.........

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."
Cornelius Fudge, HBP ch 1

WHY ARE YOU WORRING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

HBP
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2005, 12:59   #7
The Frozen North
Bloody Cold in Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip
I thought the part of Voldemorts soul that was used to regenerate his body in GoF was the bit that resided in his body on the night he tried to kill Harry and the AK curse backfired. His soul did not pass on to the other side ( or whatever you want to call it) because other bits of his soul were protected on earth as horcruxes. He was 'less than the meanest ghost' but survived. In my opinion you cannot use the portion of soul within horcruxes as they are no longer attached to Voldemorts body, they are prevented from leaving the earth as they encased in objects using the horcrux spell. In the chapter on horcuxes in HBP Dumbledore says that LV cannot feel when a horcrux is destroyed because that part of his soul has been parted from his body for such a long time.........
I would pretty much agree with this but we are still left with the question; is the part of soul left in Voldermort's body classed as one of the horcruxes? In my opinion, no it is not and we have to, therefore, consider one more horcrux than has been previously spoken about (assuming that he has managed to make all 7). Personally I am very undecided as to what the objects might be but before deciding what they might be surely we need to agree how many there are!!!!

"It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief, that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope." Robert Kennedy
The Frozen North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 16:55   #8
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I suppose in support of TFN here - I often got to thinking that the part that was his final Horcrux - the part left in him - was destroyed the night he was attacked.
What he was left with was the other Horcruxes keeping him alive.
I'm not sure he could ever get back or even keep the piece that was him the night of the attack - I feel that was destroyed with his body and what was left was the effects of having horcruxes - ergo could be classed as the final horcrux - the piece inside him - has already been destroyed as well ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 22-11-2005, 17:18   #9
halliemei
TFH Graduate

If you're right that the original soul in VM was destroyed with his body, then something had to be used to regenerate VM to come back -- which would use one of the other horcruxes, thereby making is not a horcrux any more, right? Would be down another one, then? It would require that Wormtail got that one.
halliemei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 17:28   #10
Alz
Head Unspeakable

This is where used versus exist converges - and another thread ..
But isn’t necessarily used - just destroyed ... in the exist medium it is plausible that he was destroyed ergo so was the final piece of soul in him - what kept him alive was the earthbound horcruxes - back to exist ...
Not saying it is easy - I kinda guessed I saw it different to most when we debated used versus exist ..

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536