Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on general Septology

Discussions on general Septology "The One with the Power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... "

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-12-2005, 14:55   #11
Jimenem
Vampyre Elder

Location: Searching my soul for answers to questions that have yet to be asked.

Re: The Seven Horcruxes

What if "the bone of his father" used in making his body in GoF was a horcrux? Would he need to use a horcrux to return to full power?
Old 22-12-2005, 16:10   #12
SnarkologyMajor
TFH Graduate

I'm certainly getting the idea that Harry's horcrux-hunting is going to be far less complicated than he(and we the readers thinks it is. I'm not sure about "the bone of the father" being a horcrux-although it bears some thought(Crouch jr. on my mind) When I read this scene I was seeing hints that Nagini was a horcrux already, and that Peter used it to give Voldemort his fetal-disgusting form.

US GOF pg. 656-"Wormtail was able to follow the instructions I gave him, which would return me to a rudimentary, weak body of my own , a body I would be able to inhabit while awaiting the essential ingredients for true rebirth, a spell or two of my own invention...a little help from my dear Nagini,"Voldemort's red eyes fell upon the continually circling snake(OBOUROS ),a potion concocted of unicorn's blood, and the snake venom Nagini provided I was soon returned to an almost human form, strong enough to travel."

I think the fact that he mentioned Nagini twice is important and agree with Alz about it giving him his snake-like appearance. Also when Voldemort is getting ready to kill Harry-he whispers to Nagini-Just a little longer,Nagini. It seems that he was planning to use Nagini as a Horcrux again w/Harry's death(oops,that didn't work to well the first time! or the second time!) Now I'm wondering if using Harry's blood (H being and H) didn't actually destroy what was left of his soul in his pseudo body somehow. Wow-that was confusing In any case, it seems that tracking various horcruxes may be a J.K.R. big red herring

Last edited by SnarkologyMajor; 22-12-2005 at 16:22..
SnarkologyMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 00:12   #13
The Frozen North
Bloody Cold in Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkologyMajor
I'm certainly getting the idea that Harry's horcrux-hunting is going to be far less complicated than he(and we the readers thinks it is............ In any case, it seems that tracking various horcruxes may be a J.K.R. big red herring

Thank you!!!! See the thread called "Forget horcruxes.....for now" for more opinions about this.

"It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief, that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope." Robert Kennedy
The Frozen North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 08:23   #14
Jimenem
Vampyre Elder

Quote:
US GOF pg. 656-"Wormtail was able to follow the instructions I gave him, which would return me to a rudimentary, weak body of my own , a body I would be able to inhabit while awaiting the essential ingredients for true rebirth, a spell or two of my own invention...a little help from my dear Nagini,"Voldemort's red eyes fell upon the continually circling snake(OBOUROS ),a potion concocted of unicorn's blood, and the snake venom Nagini provided I was soon returned to an almost human form, strong enough to travel."
Wow, I never realized that before. . . the whole venom detour kept removing my mind from the clue.
So if this is true, there really aren't many horcruxes left, The true locket (which Mundungus probably has/had.) and really that'll be pretty much it. I agree that this whole horcrux hunt thing is overplayed. J.K.R. is a genius
Old 23-12-2005, 10:11   #15
The Frozen North
Bloody Cold in Norway

Jimenem, would you please explain your train of thought with this. I really don't have a clue what you mean. Maybe I'm just getting old.

If you are refering to horcruxes being used, that is another debate that was never really resolved (used/exists debate).

The point is; I think I'm missing what you are trying to say.

"It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief, that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope." Robert Kennedy
The Frozen North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 11:56   #16
Jimenem
Vampyre Elder

I never caught that Voldy himself said that Nagini helped him get his make-shift body. The statement about Nagini's venom, has always made me disreguard the fact that he could have used the horcrux inside her to get his wannabe body(if iindeed she is/was one).

If you were referring to Mundungus having the true locket horcrux, there's probably another thread to discuss that theory, But we came across a locket in book five at sirius' house that wouldn't open. Then we see in book six that mundungus has a box full of stuff from sirius' house (that belongs to Harry) which he is probably going to try to sell. I'm willing to bet that the locket is in that box of "junk."
Old 23-12-2005, 12:56   #17
Alz
Head Unspeakable

OK - reasons I dont buy Nagini is a Horcrux ... Voldemort was that nasty fetal thing at the time he was suppose to have sealed her as a horcrux - with Frank's death.
Also - he was also barely living with the piece of soul that was kept alive from the night of the attack by the other horcruxes (or in the medium of used - he was using a horcrux piece) ... I'm not sure that could be split ...
Basically my point is - he wasnt human still and didnt have a re-birthed form - he was admittedly weak and needed wormtail to do many things for him - he was using a re-generated bit of soul - either kept alive by the horcruxes or provided by the horcruxes - in essence he wasnt capable of sealing the death!
Another point raised before - in the Graveyard - he tells Nagini what he did because he planned to reward her for her service with Harry's body and his horcrux from killing Harry - that is when he planned to seal his final horcrux - thing is he has already done it ...

Reasons for - I still think the reason he resembles a snake is because when you implant a horcrux in something living - you get a connection and also take features from the object - ergo he lookes like a snake - Harry looks like Riddle

I am happy to say that the reason Voldemort looks like a snake was because of the milk Nagini gave him to help him get his fetal form and sustain him - that form was used to help him re-generate ... Nagini was destine for being Horcrux 6 (The Final Horcrux) because Voldemort still thinks he was one short - we all know better
Harry was to be killed and with his death he would seal his final horcrux - he saved them for important deaths and sealed them with items that were close to him - Wormtail got his hand - Nagini would get a piece of him ...
Isnt that cyclic as well - Nagini sustains fetal Voldemort - fetal Voldemort re-births - Re-birthed Voldemort then seals a piece of him in Nagini
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2005, 01:49   #18
Pip
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alz

Reasons for - I still think the reason he resembles a snake is because when you implant a horcrux in something living - you get a connection and also take features from the object - ergo he lookes like a snake - Harry looks like Riddle

I got the feeling that the reason that LV looks like a snake is because he has maimed his soul many times by an act of evil. The image of a snake in Potterverse is betrayed as being evil and so is used to emphasise the murderous deeds he has done to procure so many horcruxes. In the chapter 'Lord Voldemorts request' in HBP where LV visits DD, his features already look burnt and wax like, indicating he has already maimed his soul.

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."
Cornelius Fudge, HBP ch 1

WHY ARE YOU WORRING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

HBP
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2005, 03:04   #19
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Agreed - he was looking burnt and wax like - but there was no mention of him looking like a snake at that point - these references came late during the re-birth .. of course I could be wrong but I think that is the significance - he only looked like the snake after it was used to help him re-birth .. or indeed if he did use Nagini as a Horcrux ...
That is the killer point - I am sure if he always looked like a snake - JKR would have made the references at this point as well.
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2005, 13:31   #20
Pip
TFH Graduate

Didnt LV have red eyes and slits for a nose when he appeared out the back of Quirrels head in PS?

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."
Cornelius Fudge, HBP ch 1

WHY ARE YOU WORRING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

HBP
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote