Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on general Septology

Discussions on general Septology "The One with the Power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... "

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 26-12-2005, 12:32   #21
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: The Seven Horcruxes

OK - the eyes I am not sure of the slits - in the film he doesnt (I saw it Christmas Eve on TV!) will need to check the book ...
I think the snake references came post resurrection and that would appear to be consistant - the red eyes I am not too fussed about it the snake slit nose and features ... must be someone out there that can help me on this one - did JKR ever mention Voldemort looking like a snake before GoF?

EDITYep - your right - PS/SS - it desribes him with red eyes and slits as nostrels ... darn it, will need to re-position on this one - cheers Pip!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895

Last edited by Alz; 26-12-2005 at 12:35..
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 18:56   #22
Brittany McFarland
I'm a N00b

Horcruxes in hiding? Not anymore!!!

HORCRUXES

What we know: There are six objects which are believed to have been turned into horcruxes by Lord Voldemort. The “seventh” refers to the fragmented piece of Lord Voldemort which is currently housed inside his newly reformed body. Lord Voldemort has shown himself to be a creature of habit, keeping the same “magpie-like tendencies” which he had as a youth i.e. the collection of trophies and the hiding of those same objects.

The objects are: A diary, Salazar Slithering’s ring, Salazar Slithering’s locket, HelgaHufflepuff’s cup, an unknown object belonging to either Helga Hufflepuff or Rowena Ravenclaw, and Nagini the large and poisonous snake owned by Lord Voldemort.

•The Diary at an unknown exact point in time, this object was given to Luscious Malfoy, to be kept safe. It was destroyed in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets when Harry stabbed it with a basilisk fang.

•Salazar Slithering’s Ring was hidden inside a wall at the Gaunt house, the last known residence of Voldemort’s wizarding relatives, and the site of his first murder. It was destroyed in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, by Dumbledore.

•Salazar Slithering’s Locket was originally hidden inside a coastal cave where as a child Voldemort had tortured young children. At some point the original was replaced with a fake which was then found by Harry and Dumbledore. After the death of Dumbledore, Harry discovered a note inside the locket which explained the switch, and bore the initials R.A.B. It is believed that this could be the “heavy locket which none of them could open,” described in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is furthered by the initials alluding to Regulas Black, Sirius’s younger brother who was known to associate with Lord Voldemort in the early days of his first assent to power. Also, as Harry is now the rightful owner of #12 Grimmald Place, it would keep the locket from being taken by any Death Eaters who might try and reclaim it, as well as make it easy for Harry to find and destroy.

Hereafter, my own thoughts come into play.

•Helga Hufflepuff’s Cup just as the diary was given to Luscious Malfoy, it would appear that Voldemort would entrust his most devoted Death Eaters with his horcruxes, though they may not know exactly what it was that they were being given at the time. In Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Bellatrix Lestrange claims to have been at one point the Dark Lord’s most faithful, and to have been entrusted with his “most precious.” Bellatrix is also key, as she is the witch who murdered Sirius, and Harry will want to have his revenge, and she will need to be stopped as she has shown in the past that she will go hunting for her master after it is believed that he has been killed.

•Unknown object belonging to either Helga Hufflepuff or Rowena Ravenclaw possibly given to another Death Eater for safekeeping, and who better than his currently “most trusted” Severus Snape. Harry hates Snape and will hunt him down. It would appear that this will be Harry’s toughest battle aside from Voldemort, as he has yet been unable to truly defeat Snape when fighting him. Thought he has gotten the better of him on a few occasions. Also, Wormtail has become Snape’s servant of sorts, and to this day not only dislikes Snape (as he did in his school days) but owes Harry a blood debt as Harry prevented Sirius and Lupin from killing him.

•Nagini the Snake as she is kept as a pet by Lord Voldemort, she will most likely be the last destroyed horcrux. After her demise, Harry will engage in a battle with her owner, and notwithstanding his small fragmented soul, will be the toughest battle Harry will ever fight. It will be to the death of one or both parties.
Brittany McFarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2006, 19:22   #23
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

Cool Re: Horcruxes in hiding? Not anymore!!!

Good lateral thinking, but as you know Voldemort doesnt like to depend on anyone, and Lucius Malfoys house was raided by Arthur weasley twice, so we can rule out him having anymore. I think you are correct in assuming Severus has one, he is clever, loyal, powerful and manipulative, a worthy guardian of a fragment of Voldemorts soul, and an encounter with Potter in book seven is inevitable. ( could Potter find another horcrux at spinners end?). I tend to disagree with Bellatrix having one, she seems too unstable, more a fanatic devotee, than a sane follower. I doubt that Riddle would trust her with one, the likelyhood of its destruction or exposure would be too risky in Bellatrix's hands. No other Death eater I can think of has much influence in the books, so where else could they be?. How about at the Orphanage Riddle grew up in?, or, at Hogwarts itself?.
The trend of the placement of Marvolos ring and the locket are places Riddle knew, and he probaly assumes no-one else knows their locations because they are places personal to him, so how would anyone else find them?.

I think, maybe, its possible that Riddles own wand could be a Horcrux, it would ever be close to him, so he could guard it well, and how would you destroy it unless you incapacitated Riddle first?( maybe that is the Ravenclaw horcrux?). If I were Riddle I would certaintly have made my own wand a horcrux.
And Voldemorts wand, at its base, is in the shape of a claw, maybe his wand is a relic of RavenCLAW, or Rowena ravenclaws old wand. I dont know for certain but Ollivander did notify Dumbledore when Potters wand was sold because it states that in the book. We know Dumbledore made mistakes, maybe he overlooked Voldemorts wand?. But this raises as many questions as it answers, how did Ollivander end up with the wand for example?. Maybe Borgin or Burke sold it to him, Voldemort knew Ollivander knew, it was a founders relic and thats why Ollivander went into hiding?......

Last edited by secret seeker; 13-10-2006 at 19:41..
secret seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 03:31   #24
SnarkologyMajor
TFH Graduate

Re: Horcruxes in hiding? Not anymore!!!

Nice thoughts Brittany The wand does make alot of sense and is probably a key part of the mystery-Harry has the "brother" wand (I admit this could be a foreshadowing clue that HiaH) and we have to take into account that Voldemort probably got that wand second-hand, and Ollivander is missing along w/that wand in his window...

As for the locket-we have to trace it back to Merope as the first actual person we have seen in possession of it -and before that it belonged to Salazar who according to Hepzibah placed "great powers" within it.And our last look at it may have been when Aberforth walked hurriedly away from Dung tightening something around his neck.

I have doubts about Nagini because in GoF Voldemort whispers to her "Just a little longer"-which could hint that he was going to use her w/Harry's death which clearly didn't go according to his plan Unless he has created one since...on the fence w/that. My take on the whole Horcrux "hunt" is that there won't be much of one at all, timing and all Harry will probably know early in 7. It seems a good way for JKR to have her readers scrambling doesn't it? To me-this will be an ideal way to use the Mirror of Erised and JKR did say we would see that mirror again.
SnarkologyMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2006, 08:26   #25
nymphadora
TFH Graduate

I'm not sure and I don't have the book with me to check... But I just thought of another point regarding Horcruxes last night. What if now that Voldemort knows that the diary is gone he tries to make another horcrux to replace it... that would make the search for them even more difficult for Harry.
nymphadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2006, 08:49   #26
Dunky
TFH Graduate

i cant see vol makin anymore horxcruxes.....7 is the magical number. i think when vol came to ask dd for dada job he made his last horcrux........methins there was a lot more to tht visit than meets the eye.
Dunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2006, 16:56   #27
nymphadora
TFH Graduate

But when would he have had the chance to make another horcrux during that meeting? Dumbledore was with him most of the time and probably all things of importance that LV would want would be in Dumbledore's office. And what I mean by make another one is this: Harry destroyed one and Voldemort now knows it's gone... that means that he only has six, wouldn't he want to try to create another to bring the number back up to seven?
Old 23-10-2006, 19:31   #28
Alz
Head Unspeakable

See that premise doesnt sit right with me - I think he still believed the real magic was in the 7 part soul - you could suppose now he was back and on the path to fight Harry and end the prophecy that he would be creating multiple hundereds of Horcruxes on a daily basis - and as such Harry's job would be impossible ...
That is why I think JKR slotted in the facination of the 7 part soul - to ensure Voldemort didnt go off creating more now he was back ... because common logic would dictate that is what he would do knowing that they work and the more he has the less likely to die ever!
Nope - 7 part soul and I am sticking to it!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2006, 13:26   #29
nymphadora
TFH Graduate

Ok. I think I see what you mean... That if he created another one, that would be splitting his soul into 8, 9, 10, and so on, instead of just having 7 (even though the others had been destroyed)? Please correct me if I'm wrong... And if that's the case, I totally agree with you Alz, keeping just seven would make much more sense and make Harry's job so much easier ! But by no means easy...
Old 30-10-2006, 04:48   #30
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

We only know for definite the identity of the two Horcruxes that have been destroyed, the Diary and the Ring.

The Locket seems certain but it is not known if this has been destroyed or not, it is assumed that it has been stolen from Voldemort, maybe it is at Grim Old Place, maybe Mundungus has it maybe Aberforth, who knows.

The Hufflepuff goblet seems another good guess but the location is unknown.

I think that the missing Horcruxes are currently both at Hogwarts and are relics of the other two founders.

The Gryffindor relic, I think, is the Griffin doorknocker that is, or was, on Dumbledore’s office door. I think that this can be tied into Voldemort at the time of his visit to Hogwarts to discuss the teaching post.

The Ravenclaw relic, I think, is the tiara that is currently marking the place where Harry hid the Half Blood Prince’s copy of Advanced Potion Making. I also think that this is the same tiara that is referred to as “Aunt Muriel’s goblin made tiara that Fleur is to wear at her wedding to Bill. Very little is said of Rowena Ravenclaw other than that she was “fair” and remembered for her intelligence and creativity. Taking the definition of “fair” to mean good looking, attractive or similar, she may have had something like a tiara. The tiara that Mrs. Weasley refers to is Goblin made, very old and very valuable and could be an heirloom or relic of one of the founders. As I recall the students from Beauxbatons choose to sit at the Ravenclaw table, which may or may not be relevant. I do not know how to tie this into Voldemort other than to suggent that Mrs. Weasley's brothers may be a connection and they were murdered by Death Eaters. A number of contributors to other sites suggest that Aunt Muriel may be a Prewitt.

If I am correct most of the Horcruxes are located where they can easily be found by Harry and his friends if they have access to Hogwarts.
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote