Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on general Septology

Discussions on general Septology "The One with the Power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... "

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-04-2007, 19:04   #51
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Re: The Seven Horcruxes

horcruxfinder, I believe that is why Voldemort has kidnapped him as well, think I posted it somewhere on this sea of threads LOL.

But . . where in the world did this thing with Voldemort's wand having been Ravenclaws, and be a Horcrux come from???? What the????

First Olivander told DD that Riddle had bought the wand, and as far as I know, since the wand chooses the wizard, I would say that Olivander does not sell any used wands . . . he knows every wand he has ever made! And, I could be wrong, but I am assuming that a wand is necessary to make a Horcrux with, so how could you make the wand a Horcrux? (sorry Dr.W)

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:41   #52
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

Nar, you're all right Sirius. I was just climbing aboard a fascinating line of speculation that I stumbled across.

The more i think about it, the less likely it seems that Nagini would actually be a horcrux. When did he get Nagini? Was it just between Philosopher's Stone and GoF? Or is it an old chum? I mean, there has to be SOME connection, for Harry to be able to see out of its eyes - perhaps Voldemort just possessed it somehow to control its movements, and that was why when Harry entered the Dark Lord's mind, he went to the snake.

And if Nagini isn't a Horcrux - which would make a great false climax, when Harry kills it, and V's still protected - that frees up another artifact, so there can easily be one from each of the founders.
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:48   #53
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I think that Dumbledore believed Nagini to be a Horcrux. But I think that he may have also believed it to be transitory. In otherwords, Wormtail would have told Voldemort that the diary had been destroyed, so wanting to maintain his magical number of 7, he is likely to have made a Horcrux of whatever was handy until he can come up with something else "significant" enough to be a "permanant" one.

I think you are spot on with him possesing Nagini when Harry saw through the snakes eyes. Even as a Horcrux, I think she could still be possessed temporarily.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Old 03-05-2007, 14:43   #54
Rory
TFH Graduate

LV thinks having a seven-part-soul would be extra-magical.
So, there is one part in him (in theory) and 6 parts hidden in objects.

DD says that he thinks LV was planning on making the 6th Horcrux after he killed Harry. - and that he obviously couldn't. (Ignoring the whole Harry is a Hx thing)

That means there were 5 horcruxes when LV went Vapormort.
1) Diary
2) Slytherin/Gaunt Ring
3) Slytherin/Gaunt/Hepzibah Locket
4) Hufflepuff-Hepzibah cup
5) ??? (my guess is his special service award at Hogwarts)

IF Nagini is a horcrux it's because he was determined to have that 7 part soul.

Now, LV finds out that the diary was destroyed BEFORE he was able to make Horcrux number 6.

Does that change anything? Since he was never able to achieve that seven-part thing will he create another Horcrux now that he knows the diary is gone?

Is LV looking less and less human as he is MAKING horcurxes? Or as they are being destroyed?

This could be where wormtail's life debt comes in. He may know whether or not Nagini is a horcrux. - Or it could be his magical silver hand that kills her.
Old 03-05-2007, 17:05   #55
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Great job Rory! I like the way you laid everything out on the table. One thing . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory
Is LV looking less and less human as he is MAKING horcurxes? Or as they are being destroyed?
Since Dumbledore (and Harry) noticed a big change in Voldemort's/Riddle's appearance when he cane to ask for the DADA job, I think we can assume that removing part of your soul to make a Horcrux is what changes your appearance. Dumbledore said later that he did not believe that Voldemort could tell when one of his Horcruxes were destroyed, so if it was the destruction of a Horcrux that changes his appearance, then you would think he would have noticed!

We don't know exactly when Voldemort learned of the Diary's destruction, but that he did know about it at the least by the end of HBP. I think it likely that Wormtail would have told him about the goings on in the chamber and the diary's part. He would have known every detail since he was with Ron and would have heard Harry telling of it. Thing is, could he have made a new replacement Horcrux prior to regaining his body. We know that early on he was uncapable of holding a wand to do the simplest of spells, but by the begining of GoF even though he didn't yet have his body back, he was capable of killing Bryce with the AK, which requires a wand. By that time also, Nagini was already with him, and if she ever was a Horcrux, I think she would have been by then due as DD said to the amount of controll he seemed to have over her.

_Willy Wonka