Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Analysis

HBP Analysis A deeper and meaningful look at the details of HBP

Old 24-04-2007, 23:06   #1
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

the other minister

i am currently re-reading HBP and the first chapter 'the other minister' has the muggle minister thinking that with all the things fudge has been going through in his world at least (not exact words) 'no one had died under his charge, at least not yet...'
i believe this is some definite foreshadowing as to either muggles finding out about wizards or someone within the muggle ministry being killed, perhaps even the muggle prime minister himself.
Old 02-07-2007, 16:39   #2
George
Tom Marvolo Riddle

Re: the other minister

Good observation. My personal additions here:
1) Remember that the Muggle PM had Kingsley as his secretary. There is probably some sort of wizard/witch around at all times, in order to ensure the PM has enough time to get away, even if some DE's or LV himself decided to have a go.
2) The Muggle PM cannot be responsible for Muggles discovering the magical world, due to one major factor: nobody would believe the man, even if he DID go about telling his cabinet and whatnot about Fudge and Scrimgeour.
3) I doubt the Dark Lord would target high end Muggles; he just doesn't think highly enough of them to wish to kill important figureheads. He is much more satisfied with the chaos he is causing by unleashing giants and dementors upon unsuspecting civilians.
4) A massive discovery of the wizarding world can only be prompted by the magical folk themselves. Remember that wizards can Obliviate and whatnot, and any Muggle that goes blabbing will have their memory modified. Easy.

"There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it."

"I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost- but still, I was alive."

"I, who have gone further than anybody along the path that leads to immortality. You know my goal- to conquer death."
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:18   #3
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Re: the other minister

One addition would be a union of muggle and wizardkind. More a nice thought than anything supported.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote