Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Deathly Hallows Speculation

Deathly Hallows Speculation A place to get in your early predictions about what is going to be unveiled

Old 07-08-2007, 06:13   #1
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

"I'll fetch the boy"

Snape said that how many times? Of course we know that Voldemort killed Snape for the wand before he could go to Harry, but this is just for speculation purposes . . . If Snape had been allowed to go to Harry, how might things have gone differently?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:40   #2
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

Re: "I'll fetch the boy"

I think Snape wanted to get Harry to share his memory with him so he knew who Snape was and what he did.

Possibly things may have been different. Maybe Snape would have learned about the wand in time to spare his own life. (though I can't see that coming up in conversation.)
Old 04-09-2007, 14:00   #3
Padma Patil
Dumbledore's Girl

I don't think any feelings would have changed for Snape, just because he hated James and he hated Harry because he was James' son. However, I can imagine Harry's feelings toward Snape changing a bit. I really just can't imagine how the scene would have been had Snape been living when Harry looked at his memory. I just find it so sweet that the last thing Snape saw before he died was Lily's eyes.

Also, like Seeker said, even if Snape had been living when Harry visited his memory, I can't see the conversation turning to the Elder Wand at all. Mostly because of Harry's mistrust of Snape.

"Look . . . at . . . me. . . ." he whispered.
- Severus Snape
DH pg. 658 Ch. 32 (US edition)
Padma Patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 12:39   #4
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

After a second read of the book I thought maybe if Snape told Harry about what Harry was supposed to do (sacrifice himself) maybe it would have been a bit different. If Harry saw all those things he may have been inclined to trust Snape a bit more and maybe they would have worked together somehow to ensure Voldemort would be dead in the end. So maybe it would have possible that Snape would have made it through alive in the end. (But again Voldemort wa obessed with possessing the elder wand totally so he probably would have killed Snape anyway, unless Snape knew what V was planning.)
Old 13-09-2007, 14:49   #5
claymore04
TFH Graduate

Things happened the way they were meant to happen. It's all magic. I admire how Harry named his son after the man he hated for so long to discover he, Snape was the shield from VM the whole time.
claymore04 is offline   Reply With Quote