Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Goblet of Fire

Discussions on Goblet of Fire "I don't know who put my name in the Goblet of Fire ..."

Old 17-12-2006, 11:41   #51
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Blood of thy enemy forcibly taken...

I think I may have said this before - if so, please excuse ...
But if a horcrux can absorb some of the host - then that might also mean visa versa and the host can almost pollute the horcrux ... I think this might have been what Dumbledore was hinting at when he said it was a bad idea to use a living host - well you can see why the re-absorbtion of something that has a pollutant in there could be bad for Voldemort - in this case lets just stick to blood but the same deal exists - maybe part of Harry is now co-exisiting in Voldemort?
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:35   #52
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

i was just going to start a new thread on this! good thing i came across this first, i was wondering also what might occur now that voldemort has harry's blood in him and therefore lily's protection. could it be just as harry has qualities of voldemort, voldemort might get some qualities of harry, like perhaps a little compassion? does it make voldemort more human?
Old 05-07-2007, 15:08   #53
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

that is realy facinating. It seemed at the time that the presence of Harry's blood in Voldemort actually lessened the protection, Voldemort was able to touch him again. but . . . most good "cures" come with side effects . . . compassion, love, empathy, maybe even an ability to forgive . . . that could mess with a power hungry dark wizard's plans couldn't it!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 18:50   #54
Alz
Head Unspeakable

..or could go someways towards how Harry will dispose of Voldemort - although substitute blood with soul

If Harry had polluted Voldemort with blood - I guess JKR would have made reference to strange things happening with Voldemort in the last two books.
While I of course like the premise, how could it be explained that Voldemort went 2 years before getting the side effects?
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 19:10   #55
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alz
how could it be explained that Voldemort went 2 years before getting the side effects?
well, It probably wouldn't happen all at once. Voldemort would experience these unusual but very brief thoughts of compassion, then he easily fights it off and continues his evil ways . . . next time . . . it takes him maybe half a second more to fight off that sudden uncharacteristic urge, and so on. It would be quite a while before anyone would notice the change at all, then even longer before they would become concerned or question his decisions. etc. He would eventualy be in inner turmoil to the point he looses it all.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote