Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Goblet of Fire

Discussions on Goblet of Fire "I don't know who put my name in the Goblet of Fire ..."

Old 29-12-2005, 15:01   #1
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

Lovegoods at Quidditch World Cup

Yeah, they were! They'd been there a week already when Harry and the Weasley's arrived.
They had cheaper tickets (magazine musn't have been selling well in those days).

It is funny that they were mentioned and Luna shows up in Order of the Phoenix. Does this mean there a little hints everywhere, but they are just so small we miss them?
Old 30-12-2005, 04:40   #2
SnarkologyMajor
TFH Graduate

Re: Lovegoods at Quidditch World Cup

You betcha! She loves to hide all her clues in the words themselves-and she's a genius at it. That's why you have to read the books backwards, upside down, inside out, etc..you get the idea The problem is that she is such a master at the english language that she also hides about 99 red herrings/to one real clue. Sorting them out from each other is the difficult part, although it seems in Book 6 she made it clear that the ones that run through all the books are the ones to investigate. Astrological clues, disguises/hiding behind, Double B's, silver, the living dead, 2's(pairs,doubles,twins),3's,7's, and 12's, circles, doors, time,hurt eyes,etc... these are clues that run through all 6 Books that have yet to be answered. Trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together is a sure-fire way to get a headache-but torturing ourselves is so much FUN! I always found it interesting that the Lovegoods live close to the Weasley's but have no idea what it means- that happens alot-LOL

Last edited by SnarkologyMajor; 31-12-2005 at 01:26..
SnarkologyMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 11:40   #3
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Good spot Kasher - we had a little discussion about this a while ago here where it was remarked upon the Lovegood living quite close to the Weasley's ...
Always thought Luna's late introduction was meant for greater things - alas she seemed rather quiet in HBP and then Harry got with Ginny - argghh
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 16:14   #4
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I'm positive that there are countless things we will look back on after the final book and say. . . "I can't believe that was there all along!" just little bread crumbs sprinkled here and there. In a way. . . I don't think I want to find them all. . . If we find everything and have it all figured out. . . what is the fun in reading the last book?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 01:37   #5
SnarkologyMajor
TFH Graduate

That is what is so wonderful about the books! They're a fantastic story on the surface to be loved by generations to come, and yet every page is loaded w/clues. She has done this in a way that hasn't really been done before because she hides them in the words themselves and as such the reader doesn't necessarily notice them except subconsciously. Unfortunately even when you feel like you're getting somewhere-Splat! You hit a major(sometimes minor) roadblock She has spun such a finely crafted web- it's impossible to untangle it all For puzzle lovers like me it is sure great fun to try!
SnarkologyMajor is offline   Reply With Quote