Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > The Final Horcrux Reviews and Articles > The Final Horcrux Articles

The Final Horcrux Articles A selection of Articles from the members of TFH and also Chapter by Chapter submissions

Comment

Article Tools Display Modes
Wondering...
Published by Ravenclaw
13-10-2006
Wondering...

I've been a HP fanatic since first listening to the first book on my iPod, I quickly purchased all of the books from iTunes and have listened to them all in order 5-6 times.

HP is so entrenched in my imagination, it seems real (not in a psychotic way), but JKR has created this "dream land" for me and millions of others. It's is certainly a place I can go to escape. The theories unfolding in the threads on this site are all outstanding...things that I've been pondering. For instance, I believe that Harry is a Horcrux and that in order for him to do the world a favor and rid it of Voldemore, he will have to either die or pay yet another (and the most costly of all) saccrifices he has made thus far...perhaps his powers will be stripped...I don't know.

What I want to know is...where do we go after book 7? Once it has been added to my collection, what is to become of this "dream-world" that has been created.
This sounds freaky and I don't mean it to. But JKR says 7 books is it. I'm going to need more. Sounds crazy, I know. But I'm bracing for a huge let down after #7, and especially if she kills Harry...If Harry dies, JRK will have mass hysteria on her hands. Not sure if she knows what she has created here.

I look forward to reading your replies to this.
Article Tools

Angelis on 13-10-2006, 13:46
Re: Wondering...

well i think thats it for us all, i heard her say in an interview that she didn't want any one carrying on her work (we know people will try) so i think she might kill harry off & that will be it for us all ,left in the dream world .we will just have to come on the side and carry on for ourselfs
gbogbo on 14-10-2006, 06:59

Ravenclaw,

Pretty serious thoughts there, and we're all going to have to come to grips with the end of it all. But...

Do you really see this as the end? Given the themes of love, sacrifice, and redemption that have been woven throughout the books, shouldn't we be prepared for an amazing final statement from JKR? Yes, it will be sad, but I wholeheartedly expect that we'll take away something very very deep that will stick with us for the rest of our lives. I just know that. So, while this will be the end of the books, it will not be the end of the "spirit" of the books. I'm not a religious person, but I cannot deny the power of these themes.

And...just think how lucky we are that WE are the generation of humanity who've gotten to live through the writing of the books. We've had to wait between doses with nothing but curiosity and wonder to tide us over. Sure, that is agonizing, but think how profoundly rich it has been to ponder every detail, savour every word, and bounce around ideas in places like this. In fact, what role will these sites even play when all is said and done? But we are the ones who've had the opportunity to toss around ideas with HP lovers around the globe. No other generation will have this chance again. Imagine that. Truly, we are living through a golden age!!! Isn't it rich?

"Watch the donut, not the hole." (Burl Ives)

gbogbo
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts on 10-11-2006, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbogbo View Post
Ravenclaw,

Quote:
And...just think how lucky we are that WE are the generation of humanity who've gotten to live through the writing of the books. We've had to wait between doses with nothing but curiosity and wonder to tide us over. Sure, that is agonizing, but think how profoundly rich it has been to ponder every detail, savour every word, and bounce around ideas in places like this. In fact, what role will these sites even play when all is said and done? But we are the ones who've had the opportunity to toss around ideas with HP lovers around the globe. No other generation will have this chance again. Imagine that. Truly, we are living through a golden age!!! Isn't it rich?
"Watch the donut, not the hole." (Burl Ives)

gbogbo

I so agree with that i have also always thought that especially when you sit there (or stand) and think WOW this is what we are involved in, its awesome.
Sirius Potter Fan on 11-11-2006, 06:59

I hadn't thought of the fact that we are the "only" ones who have had the time between books to dig so deeply, and it is due to her supreme skill as a writer, and her long effort in planning out the entire series in advance so she could leave us things to ponder between books, a well as lead us astray from time to time as well . . . But it is true that future generations (heck, anyone starting the first book after another year or so) will be able to sit and read the books back to back, and won't have had the fun and challenge of guessing what is to come . . . they just have to keep reading. I was able to see the difference in this effect recently, when lending my Stephen King Gunslinger series tapes to a friend who hadn't read any of them previously. I had read them all one at a time with several years between some of the books, and just a little online discussion. But she was able to listen to them back to back. And you know, she didn't seem to get as much "thrill" in it as I did. I think the speculation and anticipation does enhance the enjoyment. Perhaps that is something we should consider when starting any new "series" of books that may already be finished when we start, give ourselves time between the books to ponder. Of course not all series' are so linear; some authors choose to bounce around in time from book to book just staying on the same basic theme. Anyway, as far as HP goes, I do think we are the lucky ones (did I say that??? I think I'm "lucky" to be put through this torment of guessing and speculation knowing that many of my questions will go unanswered and theories go unproven or undenied?)
Comment