Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Character Discussion > Discussions on Muggles, magical creatures and everything else ..

Discussions on Muggles, magical creatures and everything else .. "Them! Don' listen properly, do they? Don' look properly either."

Old 04-04-2005, 09:23   #11
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Re: A Few Things I have been pondering

Of course we are assuming that McGonagal went to Hogwarts...although I am fairly shure she did, there is the possibility that she may have schooled elsewhere. but it would make for some very interesting possibilities indeed

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:07   #12
Kingsley
TFH Graduates

What I was wondering then is why McGinagall didnt explain inf about the Chamber in the book as she did in the movie--very weird

Also wondering why it matters that Harry doesnt know about wizard aging yet

Trying to be normal these days

Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 13:30   #13
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley
What I was wondering then is why McGinagall didnt explain inf about the Chamber in the book as she did in the movie--very weird

Also wondering why it matters that Harry doesnt know about wizard aging yet
well, probably because in the book, she wasn't asked, Prof Bins was! And that was probably the way JKR wanted it!

I am also curious about why JKR is keeping that from Harry, (not that he shouldn't have wondered about it by now though...)

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 18:04   #14
The SketchWolf
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashlie
Like, nobody knows what a Boggart looks like, because it takes on the form of what they most fear...well, wouldn't Mad Eye Moody know what it looks like because of his magical eye?
Actually, I was under the impression that he DID know because of his eye. If not, then even with his eye it appears as what he fears most. I don't know... good question, though.
Or he'll nail you to the door.
-Morfin, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

.:The SketchWolf, Sketch for short:.
The SketchWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 17:24   #15
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashlie View Post
Like, nobody knows what a Boggart looks like, because it takes on the form of what they most fear...well, wouldn't Mad Eye Moody know what it looks like because of his magical eye?
i think moody sees the boggarts true form, just as harry has seen the face of a dementor. its interesting that harry has never told anyone what is under a dementor's hood, i'm sure newt scamander would like to know! (i say this because he is an author and would want his book to be a thorough as possible). it seems that nothing can stay a mystery forever, becaus eventually someone will be placed in a situation to see the truth, like harry ALMOST recieving a dementor's kiss in PoA.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 16:53   #16
halliemei
TFH Graduate

Here's a question I thought of ---- remember when faux-Moody turned Malfoy into a Ferret? Okay, first I just love that part so I wanted to think about it.

Seriously, did Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret because that's the only animal he can become (i.e., would be his animagus if he were to be one) OR did Malfoy CHOOSE the animal? I am just curious about this and thought I'd ask y'all's opinion.
halliemei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 14:58   #17
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Interesting observation

I would think it was just faux Moody being spiteful - making Malfoy into something which is just an evolved rat in my mind
I think the fact that the ferret's only claim to fame is to be shoved down someone's pants (pretty much what Ferret's are publically used for in UK - dont ask!) would just degrade the boy - and in fact in the film we see him being shoved down someone's pants

Interesting thought thou - it would be a perfect animagus for Malfoy wouldnt it!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006, 06:50   #18
Morfin Gaunt
dumbledores army

maybe moody doesnt no what a boggart looks like. whats to say the boggart doesnt stay in its last form until ready to take the next form?and doesnt actually have a form of its own......in a dememtorish kinda way it makes a form from fears, feeding on them to have a....body?