Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Character Discussion > Discussions on Muggles, magical creatures and everything else ..

Discussions on Muggles, magical creatures and everything else .. "Them! Don' listen properly, do they? Don' look properly either."

Old 19-01-2005, 15:13   #11
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Gilderoy Lockheart

Random how that happens right
Nice quote Gini - and yeah - I remember prediciting him as HBP - not sure but still have a feeling about that one.
He was dragged back into the storylines in OoTP after an apparant nice finish up at the end of CoS ... so yah ... ask why JKR ressurected him ... if he was a foyle for the Longbottoms moment - I am sure there are 101 ways JKR could have done it easier
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:32   #12
Haley's Comet
Mature Graduates

Gilderoy Lockhart! The man that loves no one, except himself.

"I'm your huckleberry."
Haley's Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:01   #13
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

Actually, Gilderoy loved no one but himself, before he lost his memory. He still knows that he is famous, and he is a bit nig headed, but I don't think that it would be quite possible for him to be as full of himself because he doesn't have any accomplishments he could blow out of proportion yet. He was excited about learning joined up writing, but that could be because of the attention and encouragement of the nurse on the ward. To them, him regaining his memory would be a good thing, but to pretty much everyone else, it would be a lot nicer if he never remembered how he used to be and was never the same. I don't know, I kinda agree with Blaise on this one, it doesn't make sense that JKR would re-introduce him just for the purpose of showing the Longbottoms, because now she almost has to do a storyline with him, even if only to get rid of him again, and it would have been easier to just not have had him there at all if it were only to show the Longbottoms.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:00   #14
Boing
Pops in randomly

I was reading on another site about HBP and under their section on "Facts," they had things that they had learned about HBP from JKR's appearances. One was from the Edinburgh Book Festival last year and it said that Lockhart was not going to appear in future books. I clicked on the link to the transcript, but couldn't find any indication in the transcript that it was true . . . has anyone else heard this?

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:02   #15
Morfin Gaunt
dumbledores army

Althougth the quote is extremely interesting, i thought the only reason lockhart was re-introduced was to give us a reason to meet nevilles parents, as im sure people cant just go peeking into rooms in differnet departments to what their patients in
Old 09-01-2007, 10:28   #16
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

true, but she could have used any patient in that ward to get the trio into the ward. i think she used Lockhart as a contrast with the Longbottoms. think about, Lockhart has amnesia brought about by a charm while the Longbottoms have been driven insane by the cruciatis curse. Lockhart is making a recovery (though it is slow, having been in the ward for roughly 3 years, and that he may one day in the far future be able to live on his own even if he doesnt recover all of his memories) while the Longbottoms have been in the ward for years and dont seem to have recovered at all, and will probably be there til they die. i think it shows the reader that St. Mungo's healers can heal a great amount of ailments, and cure almost anything (shown by the two characters introduced: Lockhart and the guy who died because of a devils snare) but that at the same time, they arent all powerful and cant cure everything (shown by the Longbottoms). so Lockhart is used to get the trio into the ward, but serves the larger purpose of showing the skills that future healers will need, and that trained healers have.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote