Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Post Release Discussions

Old 23-07-2007, 03:23   #11
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

Re: What was your number 1 favorite thing in the book?

You know i also agree with all the above, there are just so many its hard to know which one to pick, but i feel so sad about the epilogue too because i wanted to know about everyone else too i dont remember any mention of Luna near the end of the last chapter before the epilogue either but i have only read it once and i was tired too, but i have no1 to chat with apart from on here as no1 in my house has read the book yet so im just fit to burst, i feel so depressed about it ending like that with no mention of others as we know its the last book,
anyway sorry for getting off topic but i just needed to get that off my chest a bit
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 03:26   #12
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

luna did well when she distracted people for harry. i think she had far to go in her life. i have to say the epilogue was weak. it felt like an afterthought. i know that we scream 'more more' because we love the books so much, but really, a couple more pages wouldn't have done any harm!
Old 23-07-2007, 03:32   #13
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

I forgot about that with Luna thanks for the little reminder, and i know what you mean you it took me an hour to read those last few pages just so i could savour it and for it not to end yet because it just wasnt as much of an ending as i thought it would be or as i wanted it to be i thought (from what i heard) that we found out about every1 at the end and what they done with their lives especially what JKR wrote on her website about knowing EVERYTHING but we dont know what happened to everyone else 19 years later and that really depressed me it just wasnt final yet we know she wont write any more Harry Potter books (so sad) so off topic again i know but once i started i couldnt shut up
Old 23-07-2007, 04:43   #14
Luna
TFH Graduate

It's just so hard to pick one favourite. I loved all of the above mentioned thoughts - I'd forgotten Luna's portraits in her room but that imagery and the realisation of how important her friends were in her life was just beautiful.

But I think my favourite part was during Snape's memories when DD asked him if he had grown to care for the boy and Snape produces the silver doe in response and answers how even after all this time he still loves Lily. It brilliantly answered who had helped Harry to find Griffindor's sword and showed the depth of love Snape still had for Lily. And then, asking Harry to look at him as he died so he could see Lily's eyes one last time..... Oh, I'm going to set myself off in tears again.....
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 05:08   #15
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

Yeah i think why Harry forgave Snape was also because of the way that the Doe patronus made him feel the 1st time he saw it the night he got the sword he was compelled to follow it and knew it was something special that wasnt from anything negative in that way because of the strong love that had conjured it, and then found it out to be Snapes love for his Mum, i hope that makes sense.
Old 23-07-2007, 09:36   #16
Padma Patil
Dumbledore's Girl

Oh jeese, how do I pick!?

Well, lets do it this way...

- Kreacher finally coming around (the whole thing with him hitting Mungdungus was great! )
- Potterwatch
- Ron and Hermione... finally!
- Dobby's rescue
- The final battle
- Kreacher leading the other Hogwarts elves in the final battle (hillarious mental image on that one!)
- When Harry stuns Carrow after he spits on McGonagal
- Harry's talk with Dumbledore
- Snape's memories
- and last but most certainly not least... "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B***H!" - Molly Weasley

"Look . . . at . . . me. . . ." he whispered.
- Severus Snape
DH pg. 658 Ch. 32 (US edition)

Last edited by Padma Patil; 23-07-2007 at 09:59.. Reason: added something
Padma Patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 10:01   #17
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

Lots of terrific moments in this thrill ride, but I have to say, if I just pick one moment it has to be:

"N.M.D.Y.B!!!!!"----Molly Weasley before a brilliant duel and takedown of Bellatrix----classic----I may have a t-shirt made with that legend embossed on it.

For me a close 2nd is all of chapter 4, which is a whirlwind of action and suspense----great writing, there!
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 12:35   #18
Tonks
Unspeakable

Definite hard one here..

I really loved when Harry uses Crucio again Carrow for spitting at McGonagall. She was so touched.. plus she kicked some serious ass in that chapter!

I did really love when Percy came back.. it was so touching for the Weasleys, although I didn't really think it would happen..

And of course, can't forget the typical Weasley twins' and their joke-cracking, even at the most serious moments. Holey? Honestly. :-p

Back to some more serious ones though [sorry, this is just SO hard].. I really did appreciate Snapes' memories, Kreacher's niceness, and the relationships at the end.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 05:34   #19
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

Wow....... you all stole the thunder.....
Pretty much everythink listed here so far.....

I loved the way Fred looked surprised at Percy joking with thicknesse.
I loved that Potterwatch radio channel.
I loved Kreacher came around and finally ended up helping the trio.
I really wanted to see Malfoys getting a huge one up their arse..... and boy, they got one.....

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 04:29   #20
Arwan
TFH Graduate

Pretty much all of the above but what really stands out for me is Neville.

All he did at Hogwarts and his never wavering faith that Harry would return, His Grandma finally believing in him,but most of all his defiance against Voldemort and ultimately the sword coming to him and him destroying Nagini. Such a transformation from PS/SS.
Arwan is offline   Reply With Quote