Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Book, Film news and Polls! > News on Potter books/films

News on Potter books/films "Our readers have the right to know the truth ..."

Old 19-08-2006, 00:47   #31
SnapeLovesLily
TFH Graduate

Re: Rowling to kill two in final Potter book

Im just going to list the names of the possibily doomed characters. I think Wormtail is a definate, but I don't classify him as a main character. Snape I believe will die,but not before confessing his good intentions!! I don't think Malfoy will die,but I think Ron will thump him good. I agree with ALZ on the fact that "the book started with sacrifice and will end in sacrafice" That's exactly how Jk writes in that cycling process, just like the bird in the jar, hatching and dying over and over. Hagrid reminds me of Chewbacca. And in the Star Wars books Chewy goes the way of the Buffalo by saving Han Solo's kids. I think Hagrid will meet his end in a gloriuos battle like Chewy did. I don't think any of the Weaslys die. Hopefully. I want Arthur to be Minister of Magic. I don't think HP dies, but this thought crosses my mind quite a bit. In the Mirror of Erised Ron see's himself with the house cup and all that jazz. That pretty much came true in HBP. HP saw himself with his parents and about ten other members of his family. For that to come true he has to die to join them. Foreshadowing is another one of JK's tricks. Oh and Sirius is still alive.
Old 20-08-2006, 08:52   #32
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I like your thinking SnapeLovesLily
That last part, not even I made that connection but seems right doesn't it - in order for Harry to be with his family - he has to die - not least because JKR said we will never see an alive Lily and James. Harry does not fear death - all these people who died in his short lifetime has gone to show Harry that when the time is right, you can help others and be honourable - then death really is nothing to fear and the next great adventure. I think a deceased Harry will really end the books, will regain parity on a freak event that transpired 15 years before - cyclic and all, he should have died that night - instead he lived - now it is time to finish the job, finally kill Voldemort and join his family ... the end!
A tragic hero is always better than 'lived happily ever after' - too Disney!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 10:35   #33
SnapeLovesLily
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alz
That last part, not even I made that connection but seems right doesn't it - in order for Harry to be with his family - he has to die - not least because JKR said we will never see an alive Lily and James. Harry does not fear death - all these people who died in his short lifetime has gone to show Harry that when the time is right, you can help others and be honourable - then death really is nothing to fear and the next great adventure. I think a deceased Harry will really end the books, will regain parity on a freak event that transpired 15 years before - cyclic and all, he should have died that night - instead he lived - now it is time to finish the job, finally kill Voldemort and join his family ... the end!

What if Lily dying for Harry and Harry not dying that night has somehow broken the cycle. I may just be reaching here, but it seem possible. Right? Speaking of that fateful night, has there been a thread were it's discussed wether or not there was someone else there that night besides Lily James HP and Voldemort? Just curious.
Old 20-08-2006, 16:54   #34
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alz
Oh Laddie, you are going to break so many hearts giving JKR ideas like that.

I mentioned in other forums, and will mention again. If she killed Harry, I am sending all my books, DVDS, HP collectibles back to her on overnight shipping.
I think one of the Weasleys have got to go. There are just too many of them. Percy would do just fine.
Here is my thinking:
Remus has a debt of friendship. He lost James and Sirius. He will kill wormtail or Greyback or both and will die along with them.
Snape will die proving at last that his loyalties were with Order, not Dark lord.
Hagrid looks like a posibility too. But JKR loves him too much. So you never know.

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 17:42   #35
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

i like the idea of Harry getting to be with his family again, as much as i don't want him to die, i think he deserves eternal happiness.
it might touch on religion a bit too much though, going in to the afterlife thing. but i guess we've seen the come from Voldemort's wand, seeing them come to take Harry (save him from Nearly Headless Nick) would be nice.
Old 22-08-2006, 11:40   #36
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapeLovesLily
What if Lily dying for Harry and Harry not dying that night has somehow broken the cycle. I may just be reaching here, but it seem possible. Right? Speaking of that fateful night, has there been a thread were it's discussed wether or not there was someone else there that night besides Lily James HP and Voldemort? Just curious.
See that is my thought as well - by Lily keeping Harry alive, she almost kept Voldemort alive but also created the tools to kill him ... OK, that prolly made no sense!
It all seems cyclic - if you break the cycle - you have a start and an end - in this case they all seem to come back to the Fateful night ... so look at what happened that might have continued the cycle and then break it - Voldemort was almost killed, Harry should have been killed ... something stepped in the way and prevented this freak outcome .. but I think all they did was postpone the date with death until Harry could also ensure Voldemort dies as well ...
It's like the Sirius thing - he was doomed to die, they prevented his death in PoA but it was merely a postponement versus prevention!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2006, 13:28   #37
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

(falls into a fetal position and rocks back and forth muttering "Not Luna, Not Luna, Anyone But Luna" over and over again)

ok, i really hope she doesnt kill Luna b/c if she did i might just have to cry for three days in mourning. who do i think she will kill? i wanna say one of the weasleys because it will affect harry the most and will push him to take on voldemort. i also wanna say Lupin, because he is harry's last link to knowing what his parents were, and the last of the marauders, who harry would actually talk to. so, yeah, i hope i am wrong, but i think that those are the people she is most likely to kill.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:14   #38
Snuffles
the keepr of the Veil

Did we all notice that JKR killed off all four of the original Marauders?

James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus?

"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him? croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey!"

"NOT MY DAUGTER, YOU B****!" -Mrs. Weasely

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" said Ron.
Snuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:56   #39
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I had guessed that she would do that, it seemed right somehow. I had hoped though that Peter Pettigrew would have repented and actively worked for Harry in the end and could have died a true marauder.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote