Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Chamber of Secrets

Discussions on Chamber of Secrets "In my fifth year, The Chamber of Secrets was opened ..."

Old 26-10-2004, 12:34   #11
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Ginny and Tom Riddle

Yah but also remember that when Voldemort took this step to ensure his survival - he would have done it in an act of desperation ... he knew that if it was used - he was dead ...
Because of that - he wasnt about to do anything that could cost him a valuable reincarnation - I dont think he is complacent enough to chance his life again ... any number of things could have happened and you know how much he fears death - well that would ensure he told Ginny enough to gain friendship and trust - to get her in the position he needed and then would have been pre-occupied lisetening to her and not have to speak himself ...
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 14:43   #12
Aurora
TFH Graduates

Well I think Blaise pretty much said what I wanted to say, once again .

I have to agree with him again, Voldemort having done what he did with the diary, knew that for it to tbe used, for him to be reincarnated in that manner would mean that he had been defeated, likely dead. This would be a way to preserve some of himself and rise again, regardless of if the person targeted (in this case ended up being Ginny) would have died or not, what he cared about most was insuring his survival and reincarnation. I don't think he would have been careless enough to let slip any method of destroying or causing his downfall/demise again. I just can't see it happening.

Could Ginny know something else, or have something she is witholding regarding her experience with Riddle? Possible, but now we won't know for sure till all the books are out.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 14:07   #13
Kingsley
TFH Graduates

Ok but if Ginny does know something--is it just that she never thought of telling the trio--was it while she was under her trance that she gained the valuable info--to confirm or deny possible ginny info cant Snape or Dumbledore do a mindread of her to try and unlock any clues--why hasnt that been brought up yet--are they really ignoring the fact that she spent the whole school year absorbing info from Riddle?

Trying to be normal these days

Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:19   #14
Boing
Pops in randomly

It could end up being one of those things that is seemingly innocuous at the time, but will actually come in handy as a useful bit of information later on. And, remember that in OotP, Ginny's possession by Riddle/Voldemort was brought up again, so perhaps we will see more come of it in the next books.

JKR has said that Ginny will be more vocal as the books go on and referenced Ron saying that "she never shuts up." Now that she is over her crush on Harry, it seems that she will become more involved in the storyline - perhaps some of that will involve divulging a little information from that year.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 13:07   #15
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I see things slightly different ...
I see Ginny as a possible for Voldemort to use and control in some way because of the whole past events.
This is kinda weird because in essence - he wasn't the Tom that controlled her - that was the diary Tom - but still it was a Tom Riddle.
I think she confided in him - and as much as she was left exposed and nearly killed by him - I think she might just, in the deep parts of her mind - still feel a semi affinity with that Tom that gained her trust ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 03-02-2005, 13:10   #16
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

We know that Voldemort can't posess Harry, right? So why not try and posess Ginny since she was already posessed by his younger self and is relatively close to Harry? I think that it is a lot more likely that since sGinny was posessed by Tom Riddle, it would make it easier for Voldemort to posess her. She did share a lot with Tom, and although Voldemort is obviously not the same person that he was at 16, Ginny may be looking for that in him, and she could be looking for something to make her feel useful, and whole... Really out there, I know, but I think it's a possibility...
Old 03-02-2005, 20:10   #17
Sirius-fan-forever
TFH Graduate

I think that Ginny does share a lot with Tom. But I don't think he has necessarily told her anything useful...atleast not what he would find useful. Though it is possible that he let slip something important while he was trying to become her friend. One other thing that I was thinking about is that the connection she shared was with Tom Riddle and not with the voldemort we know. I know that sounds weird because they are the same person but still in essence, I don't think Ginny shares a special rapport with voldemort, she shared one with his memory...though it's possible the voldemort can still benefit from that.
Another thing I was wondering about was voldemort's ability to possess Harry at the end of Ootp. I found that very weird, since he has a body now how does he still manage to take over Harry's. Is it because the connection he has with Harry through the scar maybe? If so, can he really take over Ginny's mind and body?
Sirius-fan-forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:41   #18
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius-fan-forever
Another thing I was wondering about was voldemort's ability to possess Harry at the end of Ootp. I found that very weird, since he has a body now how does he still manage to take over Harry's. Is it because the connection he has with Harry through the scar maybe? If so, can he really take over Ginny's mind and body?
See this is kinda what I was thinking about with Ginny - Riddle has been in her head - might not be the same Riddle that is now Voldemort - although in essence it is - as such she has a mental core of him.
Now flip that to Harry - he took some of Voldemort's powers the night Voldemort died ...
I think that it is possible that if Voldemort shares a connection with someone - he can get into their head - he did it with Harry - he did it with Ginny as Tom in the diary - I wonder if Voldemort can capitalise on that and with the marks he left mentally in Ginny - once again not him directly - but still him because it was his essence - now that is easy to understand right?

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 08-02-2005, 13:29   #19
Nagini
Time Turners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasleyfanforever
We all know that Ginny Weasley was in the Chamber of Secrets with Tom Riddle and they shared a bond, and she started to die, he began to come to life again.

There was a strong bond between Ginny and Tom, and in order to gain her trust, one would think that he would have to reveal information that seemed as if it were deep and secret to him.

Could Ginny possibly know something that she thought was of liitle importance, but may, in fact , help in bringing him down?
Whilst I dont think Voldemort would have told an impressionable 11 year old girl anything of vital importance. I do think that Ginny's experiences of writing in the diary and of being possessed by Voldemort will be of some importance. Ginny has already helped Harry to see that in OoTP he wasn't being possessed by Voldemort because he could remember all that had happened. Which is a bit confusing because when Voldemort did eventually possess Harry, Harry was aware of it and was in a great deal of pain - perhaps it is because Harry is more powerful than Ginny that he was aware of his possession?

Anyway back on topic! I think Ginny will be able to help Harry with regards to the way Voldemort worded things in his diary, phrases or sayings he used or she will give an insight in to the way Voldemort thinks or the way he is persuasive in bending people to his will.
Old 17-04-2005, 08:30   #20
Athena
Graduating

I can see where a 66 year old Voldemort wouldn't be so complacent to give away information that could lead to his death, but it was a 16 year old Tom Riddle that was giving the information to Ginny. Teens have a much different perspective than an older generation.

As a bunch of people brought up, maybe Tom did tell Ginny something that would later prove to be important, but at his age and TIME (he was still living in a wizarding world of 50 years before) it was trivial.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote