Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Old 19-12-2006, 11:05   #11
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

Re: How many twists..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.H. View Post
But then Dumbledore had to sacrifice his own brother!! I can't believe he would ever do that(and therefor it would be a brilliant twist). Do you think he can live with the guild he feels when he indirectly has killed his own brother?

The phoenix is a brilliant thought, but doesn't make that Dumbledore more dan an ordinary man? And I had the idea Dumbledore is not so into immortality...
When I said that, I meant that Albus did it not knowing the fate of his brother. Or maybe his brother was already dying or something. I know it is a bit too reaching.....
but dig this.....
How Voldemort would feel when he finds out that Dumbledore is a Phoenix? (Meaning that Dumbledore is Immortal)

Voldemort would hold his head between two hands and cry like a baby. Wouldnt he?

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 23:22   #12
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

see by twist i think of it as something that really shocks me. something i never would see coming. and this could be a minor or major twist, a previous example of a minor would be finding out that hogwarts cant keep a DAtDA teacher since they declined voldemort, a major being at the end of PoA finding out sirius isnt evil.
so with that in mind, i think their will be both
minor- whoever does magic, and i think this will be for humorous purposes so i guess filch
major- the revolation of dumbledore's super prophecy plan to end voldemort via sacrificing the potters. though j.k has said we will find out something MAJOR about lily, though i think this will be her awareness of dumbledore's plan
Old 22-02-2007, 07:33   #13
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

HH I agree on Filch . . . I can just see him hopping around laughing and shouting "I did magic! I did magic! Where are those Weasley's now . . ."

Here we have fairly defined twists, but I think what real twists there are will likely be ones we haven't thought of or been told of. We will find out one way or the other on Snape, but I wouldn't call that a twist . . . the twist would be if at the end we still don't know if Snape is good or evil!!!!! Whether considered a twist or not, I think we will find that DD had at least to some extent orchestrated most of the events of Harry's life to lead him to defeat Voldemort. Harry may indeed be dead at the end of the book but I see it more likely being that he is the one who becomes the teacher at Hogwarts and is said to have died at the age of 173. (If I get that right . . . I'm applying for the Divination Job . . . I'm much better than Trelawny!) I think a twist likely in finding the next to the last Horcrux, it will be something unexpected . . . only makes sense that she left all this for us to think about and hunt for, then make it something we would never suspect!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 05:10   #14
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

I don't know that Dumbledore will be shown to be EVIL - but I think he will be shown to be far more ruthless in his efforts to make sure Harry can defeat Voldemort - including orchestrating the deaths of the Potters. (I think this is what he is guilty about when he drinks that potion). But I don't think this is really a twist.

There's been so much on Snape - both his being evil and being good - that it's hard to say which would be the twist.

There's something about Harry's eyes that could come out.

And about Aunt Petunia, too.

The centaurs seem to believe Harry will die. I think he will. He definitely will. But he might come back.

Fleur'll get pregnant.

Ginny too.

Ron and Hermione have always bickered like a narried couple, so there's no surprises there.

I'd like to see Dudders stick it up something hideous, to save Harry. He must have some feelings after that Dementor business.

And it was a joke about Ginny.
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 06:31   #15
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

i think the most likely twist will be that Petunia is actually an alien from the planet Zorex (since JKR has said that she is not a wizard, but there is more to her, and she is not exactly a muggle(i think)) and she is on Earth to help Harry defeat Voldemort, and then kill harry and proceed to take over the world! MUH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

ok, but seriously, i think that we will find out something more about Petunia, like that she actually loves harry and actually sacrifices herself to save him in the end, and performing the same charm her sister did when she died to save harry. this then gives harry a protection that both he and voldemort are unaware of (seeing as they dont think muggles can perform any kind of magic what-so-ever) and this sacrifice saves harry's life in the end (in the case of his being a horcrux, it cancels it out and harry is no longer one)

the other major twist i see may actually be that Vernon is a wizard. hmmm, that just floated into the top of mind. wierd. but maybe he is, would make for an interesting twist.

another twist i can seriously see coming is that the mirror of Erised plays an important role in defeating Voldemort, like harry gets it and sees himself finding the horcruxes and over coming the obstacles which protect them. now that would be a twist! afterall, JKR has said that we will see the mirror of Erised again, right? the twist might be that it can be used to see how you successfully do something (since it technically would be harry's heart desire to know how to defeat voldemort). interesting idea.

or maybe it is simply that Snape actually is evil, and harry defeats him as well as voldemort.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 00:47   #16
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

With regards to Snape - perhaps it will come out that he has been working tirelessly and faithfully for the Order to defeat the Dark Lord.

But that he has has intentions to rise to the empty throne.
Old 11-05-2007, 14:28   #17
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

I'm deep in the heart of OotP again at the moment, and only noticed this for the first time: Ron says that there is as much chance of winning the Quidditch Cup as there is of his Dad becoming Minister for Magic. Well, they won the Cup.

The Weasley family - they are old, they have had various sons as Head Boy, and Quidditch caprains. They have unprecidented closeness with The Boy Who Lived. Thay are visible and obvious opponents of the Death Eaters, they're all in the Order. They were intimitely involved in the Tri-wizard Cup - Dragon handlers, Judgers, Fleur was a contestant. They sat in the top box at the World Cup, rubbing shoulders in a natural and not sycophantic way

I reckon Arthur might end up Minister for Magic, if he can keep himself alive and do something about that git Percy.
Old 11-05-2007, 17:42   #18
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

the only problem with your theory winterbourne is that JKR has said that Arthur Weasly will not become minister of magic.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:03   #19
Rory
TFH Graduate

Not quite.
On her website she was asked "Will Arthur Weasley become the NEXT Minister of Magic." she replied "Alas, no." That was the whole reply. The NEXT MoM was, of course, Rufus Scrimgeour. There is the possibility that Arthur could eventually end up as MoM. But do you really think he would WANT the job?
Old 13-05-2007, 09:34   #20
tobias
TFH Graduate

He has not wanted the job, but maybe that is why he is perfect for it.

I mean, would you really want someone in power who is dying to be in power?
I would want someone like Arthur, someone who would have to be basically begged and pleaded to take the job.

Be a great way to align/join/bring together the muggle and wizard worlds: have a muggle loving Minister for magic...