Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Old 14-05-2007, 07:15   #21
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Re: How many twists..........

I agree Tobias, that is a very good point, and Rory, thanks for looking up the quote, that does shed some light on the possibility. And I like that possibility. Arthur would be the perfect MoM in my opinion. He is not "pure blood" biased, and as said before, he would relate well with the muggles, even better with a little help from Harry and Hermionie. We haven't seen his strength of power yet, but with suggestions in other threads, he could likely be very powerful! I think to most, Arthur would be a welcomed, but unsuspected twist!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 09:26   #22
jimbo716
TFH Graduate

Just as an unsubstantiated wild idea...
Ron has been working against HP for a lonnnggg time.
DD's brother was already dead when snape "killed" him while posing as DD.
Old 14-05-2007, 14:14   #23
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
DD's brother was already dead when snape "killed" him while posing as DD
that could be, I somewhat hold out for the DD is alive theory, and it's based upon Rowling's answers to a few questions. first she has said when asked if DD is alive or dead "Yes the old man in the long silver beard is dead" then she has also said again to the same inquiry "Yes Dumbledore is definately dead" But . . . the significance I see is that she is so cleaver with her wording. She has never been asked specificaly if "Albus Dumbledore" is dead, nor has she specificaly said that "Albus Dumbledore" is dead.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Old 14-05-2007, 16:36   #24
horcruxfinder
TFH Graduate

I am actually reading OOTP again DW, and I was just wondering if any one else noticed that the thing that Harry dreads the most and would be a fate worse than death to him would be to have to live on Privet Drive forever amongst muggles. DD has often said to LV that there are things worse than death. It does seem in that book that the one thing that would be worse than death to him would be that. He talks about it when he is thinking of returning to Privet Drive after witnessing the snake attack on Arthur. He also talks about it whenever he is empathizing with Sirius's plight. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 16-05-2007, 05:50   #25
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

That is something . . . and . . . just think, if Harry thinks sometlhing like that is worse than Death, what would Voldemort think . . . and this makes me think again of the book cover (US) Neither has a wand . . . still makes me wonder. Thing of it is, Voldemort powerless, is still crafty and evil. Even without his powers, he would find ways to cause loads of trouble. But would Voldemort think that way? Would he perhaps just be glad he was still alive, . . . I don't think so . . . Kind of like Lex Luthor, he would find a way to come back and seek power again.

_Willy Wonka

Old 16-05-2007, 07:20   #26
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

ok, i guess i miss remembered. but you do bring up the point of having a person you have to beg and plead to take the job. heres what i have to say about that: i dont want someone who doesnt want the job to take it. cause if they dont want the job, they will not really try very hard to do a good job. if anything, i would want someone who needed to be CONVINCED to take the job. meaning, someone who was just hesitant, not out right against the job. Arthur doesnt really want to be minister of magic, he doesnt really even like his promotion! Arthur would rather live in poverty working with muggles than be minister of magic. after all, he basically lived in poverty with his family for (i dont know exacts, but i will go out on a limb) at most since he left school, and at least most of his married life. this is evidenced by how ron doesnt ever remember not being poor. anyway, to summerize, Arthur may make a good Minister of Magic, but i doubt he would ever take the job. he prefers working with muggles.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 18:13   #27
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Well, if not the minister, what if a new position were opened if not tailor maid for Arthur, Ambassador to Muggles. Perhaps it will be decided that there needs to be more communication between the magical and nonmagical worlds.

_Willy Wonka

Old 17-05-2007, 09:34   #28
notposs
TFH Graduate

Maybe the whole existence of magic as a whole will be revealed to the muggles and the ministry has to deal with the muggles as well as Big V

"To the Dark Lord I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B."
R.A.B - HBP p569

notposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 15:22   #29
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

That is exactly what I was just thinking, notposs.

With the Sorting Hat's encouragments to unite:

Slytherin needs to get closer with the other houses. Slughorn seems to be a man that could do this a little better than Snape, with his networking skills. Harry seemed to be warming a little to Malfoy at the very end of HBP, thinking about how he lowered his wand. If Harry could take the final step, and redeem Malfoy, then that would be a big step to this unity. I still believe that Snape and Sumbledore had an arrangement that was designed to save Malfoy - like Aslan dying to save Edmund. If arry and Malfoy could make unite, anyone can.

I've long thought that perhaps the Muggles world could get united with the wizarding one. I'd love to see Dudders helping with his boxing skilld - just picure an adventure that had Dudley and the Weasley twins in it. It'd be a fun read. Butif Harry can manage to reunite the worlds, blend the Muggle and Wizarding communities, then Arthur would be the perfect Minister - he's not in it for the money, nor te prestige, nor the power, and he has no animosity towards the Muggles.

Hmm. But it will make the books seem less'plausible' though. When we are all living here, and there is no contact between us and this hidden world.

On anothe tack - who will be the staff at Hogwarts? Perhaps it will be the 6 who were in the Headmasters office at the end of HP - McGanagall as head, Sprout, Flitwick, Slughorn and Hagrid as heads of house, and Harry as head boy. We still need a DADA teacher.
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 18:46   #30
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Well, as far as DADA teacher, Lupin can come back or the real Moody . . . but . . . they will most likely be busy elsewhere . . . Most likely someone new, but . . . JKR has said we have been introduced to everyone now, so . . . Shunpike? NO! just kidding LOL! A cured Frank or Alice Longbottom would work. Aberforth maybe??? hmmmmmm. Sounds like something she might think of.

_Willy Wonka