Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Old 08-04-2007, 10:54   #1
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

How will Harry defeat Voldemort?

I suppose this is again an entertainment but one that could, hopefully, spark some debate

I was wondering which of the magical experiences that Harry has had will support him most in the final battle? What are the lessons that he has learned, or not learned, that will prepare him to move forward? What resources will he use to ensure that he is still alive at the end of the final page of the series.

I shall "pony up"

I think that time travel will have a great significance in the final book. Even though all of the time turners have been destroyed I think that Harry will discover another way of travelling in time to get the help he needs, probably from his mother.

I think that the room of requirements will feature so that Harry can get help in locating and destroying horcruxes. I think that at least one horcrux is already in the room of requirement.

I think that the chamber of secrets will re-emerge as a source of information and or hiding place for horcruxes.

I think that the mirror of erised will be used to locate horcruxes.

Any other suggestions?
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 16:09   #2
Sir Cadogan
Noble Heart, Steely Sinew

Re: How will Harry defeat Voldemort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumbumble View Post
I was wondering which of the magical experiences that Harry has had will support him most in the final battle? What are the lessons that he has learned, or not learned, that will prepare him to move forward? What resources will he use to ensure that he is still alive at the end of the final page of the series.
Great idea, Glumbumble :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumbumble
I think that time travel will have a great significance in the final book.
Somehow I don't think that this is going to happen. I think JKR has had enough trouble with the use of time turners in HP3 and she doesn't want to make things worse.

Quote:
I think that the room of requirements will feature so that Harry can get help in locating and destroying horcruxes. I think that at least one horcrux is already in the room of requirement.
I agree with the room of requirement playing a certain role in HP7, but I don't think there is a horcrux there.

Quote:
I think that the chamber of secrets will re-emerge as a source of information and or hiding place for horcruxes.
I think that the mirror of erised will be used to locate horcruxes.
I agree with the first, and (a little less convinced) with the second.

Quote:
Any other suggestions?
What has been most effective so far is Harry's Patronus. I'm certain that the silvery stag will be important once more.

Something that had a high priority in the first half of the series is Harry's skill in riding a broom and catching the snitch. This has been fading during the last two books, parallel to the decline of Quidditch, which Harry seems to have almost forgotten about. So - maybe no more Quidditch triumphs to look forward to ...

Although Snape made it crystal-clear - more than once - that it is vital for Harry to learn to concentrate (close his mind, master non-verbal spells), I somehow can't see Harry change so radically. I'm afraid he'll continue struggling with this weakness of his.
But this weak spot was often covered with the help of friends. And this may be Harry's real field of competence: acquiring enough friends to overcome all sorts of difficulties. His endearing character, his sense of justice, his readiness to help other people have made him friends with all sorts of creatures: not only Ron and Hermione and practically all of "Dumbledore's Army", but Hagrid, Dobby, Nearly Headless Nick and the Phoenix - I'm convinced that all of these ties to others will help Harry, in keeping with what Dumbledore has been saying about Harry's strength all along.
Old 08-04-2007, 19:01   #3
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I think we have discussed this on another thread quite a while back, Fortescue may merge the threads, but for now I will offer up my opinions . . . some of them may have changed

I agree with GB that time travel will play a part, perhaps not a major theme, but will come into play in some fashion. I believe based on the Dragon Rider series by Anne McCaffrey, that Harry will accidentaly aparate through time in going to Godricks Hollow.

Contrary to Sir Cadogan, I believe that Harry will see the importance of closing his mind and realize the real seriousness of the task ahead and without quidditch to distract him will concentrate on occlumency as well as nonverbal spells.

I think we will see a much more steady, and focused Harry than we have seen before.

I agree with GB that the tiara in the RoR is one of the horcruxes, as well as the chamber coming back in some aspect.

A very interesting idea of Harry's flying skills coming into use. It makes sense that as important as it has been throughout the series, that it should prove an asset in the final battle . . . perhaps an arial duel or battle? Afterall, I am certain that there will be more battles than just the "final" one.

I believe in an interview JKR said at one time that the mirror will be seen again, so since it hasn't reappeared yet, it must be coming in book #7

Harry's patronus, a definate . . . it's on one of the book covers, so we know it will play.

One thing that I had started a thread on previously . . . Harry's relations with other magical races. I think that will have some real relavance. Harry has had positive encounters with House elves, centaurs, giants, warewolves, veela, merpeople, even acromantulas. That combined with the added knowledge of many "dangerous" magical creatures: Hippogrifs, Thestrals, dragons, etc. , he may well have an army of his own!

The power that Voldemort knows not . . . what is being studied behind the locked door in the DoM. Harry's love for others . . . or will it be their love for him . . . the unity of the trio that stands the test.

The brother wands . . . long been a point of debate . . . now made even more omnicient than with the blatant lack of any wands on any of the covers. Perhaps Harry won't need nonverbal spells, if wands aren't going to be used.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:33   #4
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

Quote:
I think that time travel will have a great significance in the final book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cadogen
Somehow I don't think that this is going to happen. I think JKR has had enough trouble with the use of time turners in HP3 and she doesn't want to make things worse.
I think that the fact that it was so much trouble and so difficult to rationalise is what makes it likely to re-appear. If it was not going to be significant why bother with it in the first place?

I agree with SPF, as I have in other threads, that apparition is going to be the way that it happens. I think that Harry will try to apparate, possibly before he gets his license, by focusing on a destination in a photograph of the past. That way he will apparate both in time and place.

I am sure that the plot will be rich and exciting but with all the magic available to Harry it could be wrapped up in a couple of lines!

Chapter 1 Harry stands in front of mirror of Erised wanting to know the identity and location of the Horcruxes more than anything else in the world.
Chapter 2 Harry retrieves the Horcruxes.
Chapter 3 Harry wanders past the room of requirements three times saying "I need somewhere to destroy these Horcruxes."
Chapter 4 Harry destroys the Horcruxes.
Chapter 5 Harry apparates back to his parents house before they are killed and brings them forward in time to help kill Voldermort.
Chapter 6 Harry goes to Bill and Fleur's wedding and they all live happily ever after.

Of course you now see why JKR is a multi millionaire and I am not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF
I think we have discussed this on another thread quite a while back, Fortescue may merge the threads, but for now I will offer up my opinions . . . some of them may have changed
SPF, perhaps you could go between to find thread!!!
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Last edited by Glumbumble; 09-04-2007 at 05:45..
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:20   #5
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

All the points I agree with.
One point I will never agree with.
"Time travel"
I am praying dear Lord and hope that JKR doesnt put another Time travelling fiasco in book 7.
No offense to anyone, but that Time Turner thing was ridiculous. I have talked with many fans here, and other places. No one has been able to justify the need for those when their use was shown biased.
I know this could be a debate for another place, but I just hope that JKR doesnt do that again.
But then again, I am not a millionaire like her either.
I think mirror, chamber and ROR will play crucial roles in DH.

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:28   #6
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

I have to agree on all the factors in this topic i think in some way shape or form all these things will play a roll, and even though the time turner can fell a bit here and there sometimes i would still like to see it again somehow even if it is brief, and it would be nice to be a millionaire , hmm if only lol
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:51   #7
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

I am with those who hope time-travel stays far away from the last book. It's just too confusing.

I think we will see the two way mirror of Sirius's.
I think Dumbledore's portrait as well as pensieve memories will play a role in understanding what happened the night on the tower.
Dumbledore stressed to Harry a lot of times about how he needs to keep his friends in the loop so Ron and Hermione will be huge to Harry in defeating Voldy.
I agree the patronus will play a part in this book as well as Harry's flying ability.
Snape will be key here in this book. I think he has important info for Harry before it is all over.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:11   #8
tobias
TFH Graduate

I think it all hinges on the power that Harry has that Voldemort knows not.

Harry reduces Dobby to tears with courtesy. That moment still sticks with me. It has been said before (SPF above) that Harry's racial relations are important. I would call that his networking skills. He gets by with a little help from his friends. This is how he will beat Voledmort: Voldy's followers must wait for instruction and fear to act because of failure/reprisal, whereas Harry's supporters will act independently and confidently. Harry's side has many minds working toward a common goal but Voldy only has himself.
Old 10-04-2007, 13:19   #9
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Wow! very good Tobias . . . wish I could have said it as well! And, not only will Harry's ally's fight of their own will, but they being different sorts of beings will have differen't powers, and different ways of fighting that DE's and Voldemort are not expecting!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:25   #10
tobias
TFH Graduate

SPF- it was your idea after all :.)...

I was watching Dr Who and the genesis of the daleks and it all became so clear!!