Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Old 14-06-2007, 00:08   #21
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

Re: How will Harry defeat Voldemort?

a thought just occured to me, in HBP dumbledore tells harry about a room in the ministry of magic that is filled with a power so great bla bla bla and it is full of what harry has which is LOVE, can harry, like push voldemort in there or something? or can harry harness the power in there to help defeat voldemort?
Old 14-06-2007, 06:08   #22
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

There is a proud filmic tradition of the hero 'pushing the villain back onto something sharp' in order to kill him, but not really purposefully being a murderer. I had never noticed how common this was until someone pointed out the cliche. Perhaps Harry could push V in there.

Lately, I've been wondering about the Dementor's Kiss, and what it would do the Voldemort. Maybe that cover, where they're in the colloseum place could be a battle, and the hooded figures in the audience are Dementors, not Death Eaters, and they await the loser of the battle with pursed lips. In this way too, Harry could defeat the Dark Lord and not damage his own soul.

But sometimes a hero can't get through without a bit of soul damage. The journey to Mordor certainly took more than Frodo had to give. There a re sacrifices all through the books - Dumbledore, Sirius. We are not invited to mourne these loses, but glorify the sacrifice.
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 19:09   #23
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I just wondered in the context of HiaH if the dementor could help him out here - if Harry really is a horcrux of Voldemort he would need to die in order to stand the chance of killing Voldemort - well in this case why not have a dementor suck that piece of soul out of him?
That piece will be destroyed and then onto the main man ... I would buy that

I have decided now that Harry will kill Voldemort by giving him a big squishy hug and a little kiss on the cheek - that ought to make the 'love' theorist happy no ;o)
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 14:58   #24
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
I have decided now that Harry will kill Voldemort by giving him a big squishy hug and a little kiss on the cheek - that ought to make the 'love' theorist happy no ;o)
*the sound of SPF spewing in her lap* . . .

Love will play a role, that much we have been told by Dumbledore and JKR herself. but a hug and kiss???? I think not LOL!

I think I have given up on trying to figure out just how things will play out . . . one, there just aren't enough clues to know anything for sure other than that the series will end (and even that has some very faint question marks) and two . . . right now, I don't want to know. I keep asking myself, "Why do we keep trying to figure out what will happen when the knowing of it will spoil the book?" well, the answer is the need to know now rather than later, but now I'm hanging up the guessing hat on this one. (I however will not hesitate to shoot down anything I find as outrageous!)

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 04:28   #25
Sir Cadogan
Noble Heart, Steely Sinew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Potter Fan View Post
Love will play a role, that much we have been told by Dumbledore and JKR herself. but a hug and kiss???? I think not LOL!
Surely not. But we've just got to look at how Dumbledore uses the word "love" to reassure ourselves what could be meant and what couldn't. When DD tells Harry one of his admirable qualities is to give/show/feel love, he isn't referring to the quality of the kisses exchanged between Harry and Ginny, but he is referring to his ability to feel with others, to *sympathize* in the full meaning of the word: to suffer with others who are suffering. In Latin terms, Harry's love is not so much "amor", but "caritas".
And this is where DD's "lessons" for Harry come in: I'm convinced that DD showed Harry in what miserable conditions Voldemort grew up in order to enable Harry to pity him - not exclusively, of course, there will always be hate and revulsion mixed up in Harry's feelings for the monster, but still ...
Old 26-06-2007, 06:35   #26
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

That's right Sir Cads . . . Dumbldeore sought to bring Harry to the point of sympathesing with the young Tom Riddle, and even brought it to Harry's attention when he saw it happening. JKR has said that Riddle has never known love . . . that I believe works both ways, He has never given love to others, and has never had the experience of someone loving him. Could it be . . . that he secretly craves to be loved? Voldemort outwardly despises love, but many people despise those who have what they greatly desire for themselves.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Old 27-06-2007, 08:28   #27
paintball
TFH Graduate

Dumbledore has already told Harry and therefore us why Harry's power of love is so important. He will never be able to be tempted by Voldemort to be seduced by the dark arts. I look at this as being similar to Jesus's ability to come face to face with the Devil and not be tempted.

If Voldemort is able to be trapped, just think how valuable this will make Harry. He will be the only person that we know that can come face to face with Voldemort and not be tempted to free him.

I can see Deathly Hallows ending with Vapormort trapped with at least one horcrux remaining and Harry becoming an Auror and assigned the task of locating this last horcrux. I can see him visiting Voldemort in his trap on a regular basis to see if he's had enough yet and wants to go ahead and just reveal the location of this final horcrux.

I also like the idea of Harry being the final horcrux and Harry visiting Voldemort in his trap on a regular basis and telling Voldemort that he intends to live a very long and happy life, etc.

Harry being able to be face to face with Voldemort and resist all of Voldemort's powers of corruption is were the power of love comes in. Dumbledore told Harry this in HBP. All we had to do was to listen to Dumbledore. This is of course just my opinion.
paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 00:03   #28
cj633
TFH Graduate

Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA but I love to travel by knight bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Potter Fan View Post
JKR has said that Riddle has never known love . . . that I believe works both ways, He has never given love to others, and has never had the experience of someone loving him. Could it be . . . that he secretly craves to be loved? Voldemort outwardly despises love, but many people despise those who have what they greatly desire for themselves.
I just got through watching Night at the Museum with my son. I can't invision Voldemort having a therapy session like Ben Stiller has with Atilla the Hun. But I think love will defeat him whether it is Harry' s love or the love others have for Harry and their willingness to help him even if it means their death.
Old 28-06-2007, 06:16   #29
tobias
TFH Graduate

Call me nostalgic but I have always wanted this series to end a certain way. I want Harry to kill Vodemort but not be a murderer. I want Harry to stay Harry. I want him to survive this whole mess and still be who he was.

After Harry kills the shell that is Voldemort (probably by accidentally pushing him on a sharp stick... :.) ) the last horcrux comes into play: Harry himself.

So Voldy comes home to his last soul piece in Harry. What happens then? Just think OotP. Only this time when love drives out Voldy, he dies.
Old 30-06-2007, 16:28   #30
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj633
I just got through watching Night at the Museum with my son. I can't invision Voldemort having a therapy session like Ben Stiller has with Atilla the Hun.
ummmm . . . no . . . that isn't exactly the scene I had in mind LOL! (love that movie though)

As I said in another thread, Voldemort is easily blindsighted by things he underestiamtes, and we have already seen that love is one. I think Voldemort may be confused by someone showing him an act of compassion or love . . . forgiveness . . . distracted, he will becomve vulnerable for just long enough . . .

_Willy Wonka