Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Old 15-07-2007, 17:29   #1
halliemei
TFH Graduate

When will you stop . . .?

checking out the internet?

I realized today that I'm starting to get really excited about DH this Friday night -- so much so that I asked the B&N guy when the wristbands would be started so I could get there very early. He said 5:00, but I will go by there again Thursday and ask then plan to be there shortly after 4:00.

But, that said, someone asked me what I would do if someone jumped to the end and gave it away in the bookstore -- which is the reason I'm paranoid and want the earliest possible number. That just made me realize that I really do want to read this properly (unlike HBP because I jumped to the end to be sure Ron lived). Anywhooooo ---- when will you stop reading the internet this week to be sure you don't accidentally see a spoiler? And, will you read it all through before you get back on? Just curious.

For me -- I think Wednesday will be the last of me on here. I plan to come here and post my predictions Monday or Tuesday to put them "in writing", but after that I'll be staying away. I can't WAIT to discuss how it turns out with you guys.
halliemei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 19:26   #2
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

Re: When will you stop . . .?

Well for me i will keep coming online till Friday and that will be the last time till im finished the book but only because i know that no1 on here will spoil it for any1 else and i know that if there was something on here that may have spoilers in it then i will be forwarned and will be able to choose if i want to read it or not and i dont really go on anything else much on here anyway so anything online i probably wouldnt see.. so that said i cant wait to discuss everything on here afterwards either...
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 19:33   #3
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I'm with you HWH . . . I will be on here early Friday (Don't forget, those darn Brits will have a 5 hour jump on east coast US readers, and 8 hours on the West coast readers) I won't be back on till I'm done reading and digesting . . . sadly that takes longer for me since I have kids around I have to keep up with. I too will post my final predictions . . . can't wait to see how we did!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 20:54   #4
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I am so paranoid about reading something now ...
Thing is - book stores get the books earlier - and in past years employee's are allowed to read the books before the release ... then of course you have the people chatting in lines that could have read something before they go pick up their books.
Sadly, I am now West Coast US - this means I will be one of the last to get hold of the book - and as described above, it will mean people in other parts of the world will be well into reading it by the time I get to mine.
I am guessing I will go into internet/Potter hibernation late this coming week - but I also need to be around of any issues and problems ... checking emails etc - so I am worried, to come all the way down to the end and to have someone spoil it for me right at the end would be a real horror!

All the same, I will make sure the lights are kept on until the last moment - once I have my book I wont be back until I have read it - so if the lights go out - I will have to take care once I am back!

Excited much yet?
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 04:50   #5
Vold. E. Mort
Crucio!

This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer comes out of Empire Strikes Back and proclaims that Vader was Luke's father.. Which is exactly why I've had our 2 copies pre-ordered on Amazon since the first day it was possible (6 months I think..) There will be no lines and no jerks trying to ruin it for me. Saturday morning at about 10:00, Fed-Ex will roll up with our copies and, that'll be that.

As for reading the web, that's getting dangerous. My wife found the chapter titles, (which are VERY interesting, paticularly the one about....... nevermind )and even part of chapter 1.. I told her I'd divorce her if she found a full spoiler.. I don't mind if she finds the full book, I'll happily read a sneak scan of the book (I've already paid for my copy, I can do that legally you know..) but I don't want to see some loser proclaiming how it ends, who dies, etc... I know I can read here, because Alz will be all over anyone daring to post a spoiler, but other message boards I go to, non-HP boards I mean, will be a bit less understanding about guarding against such terrorism.. So, I don't think I'll be very active on the web until I finish the book. Of course, I only forsee that taking me about 10 hours the first time through.. I read too fast when I'm excited about the subject =(
Vold. E. Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 06:14   #6
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vold E. Mort
As for reading the web, that's getting dangerous. My wife found the chapter titles, (which are VERY interesting, paticularly the one about....... nevermind )
You sir are cruel! JKR gave us some chapter titles last time to speculate on but none this time . . . guess they may be too leading this time . . .

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 07:10   #7
Vold. E. Mort
Crucio!

One of them has me very worried, and several are completely out of left field.. The others arern't unexpected, and one of them follows something I've suspected. If you want to know what I've read (and seen scans of), shoot me a PM and I'll tell you.
Vold. E. Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 10:46   #8
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

i found the chapter titles this morning. Very interesting. One realy intrigues me.

I will keep on the sites until Friday afternoon. Than I am locked away until I finish the book.
Old 16-07-2007, 12:40   #9
horcruxfinder
TFH Graduate

well...now I have to go and look for the chapter titles. How is this stuff leaked? Do we really believe these titles?

I am completely paranoid but will continue to sign on to check on how you all are doing until friday. Like Alz, I am in CA and will be one of the last to get my book. I have agreed with my son that we will lock ourselves away together and do a big read. Daughter will be visiting friends in Indiana and she will do same. I assume you all will sign back on when you are done with your respective reads???
Old 16-07-2007, 17:51   #10
Piper
TFH Graduate

Vold,
Are you sure that amazon will send them FexEx? I preordered too, but I am worried that I won't get mine on Saturday since UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday. I am probably just paranoid because, well I am a paranoid person. Amazon hasn't sent me anything saying the book has shipped yet.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote