Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Poll: Who do you think the Head Boy will be?
Poll Options
Who do you think the Head Boy will be?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 21-09-2004, 22:40   #1
Tonks
Unspeakable

Question Head Boy

We know in book seven, one of the boys in Harry's year will have to become Head Boy. There are a lot of boys in Harry and Ron's year, but only a few that can seriously be considered for the job ...

Will Dumbledore keep Harry from being Head Boy like he kept him from being Prefect ??
Will Ron continue on and become Head Boy instead of his best friend ??
Will Neville surprise everyone and become a prime candidate for Head Boy ??
What about Draco - will the evil Slytherins win this one ??

So - who do you think will become Head Boy in book 7 ??

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2004, 11:21   #2
Kingsley
TFH Graduates

Re: Head Boy

I will have to go with Ron on this one--Realistically speaking he is the heart of the trio
He takes a licking and keeps on ticking--Dumbledore already promoted him once-might as well do it again

Trying to be normal these days

Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2004, 13:21   #3
PrettyMS.Potter
TFH Graduate

I voted for Harry. I think Dumbledore will make him head boy since he did not make him perfect.

~~"Don't be so humble, you're not that great."~~

~~ The Dark Lord will Live ~~There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it...
PrettyMS.Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2004, 13:32   #4
elvenlights
Mature Graduates

I'm hoping Neville will be. He's a bit of a late bloomer, and only started really coming into his own in Book 5. I predict the trend will continue, and he'll surprise everyone (including himself) by becoming Head Boy.
elvenlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 11:48   #5
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Yes, in agreement on this one, young Neville is really coming into his own and what a nice sub ending to have him be Head Boy!
He showed in PS/SS that he was always couragous but seemed to blossom in OoTP and the Neville emerging now will go on to suprise a few people or will be sadly killed
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 14:05   #6
Tinkerbell
Graduating

Have got to agree with Kings! Ron gets knocked back, but keeps on dusting himself off and coming back, and knows he is often in the shadow of both Harry and his older brothers - he gets the rough end of the stick all the time! I think Dumbledore will still make Ron Head Boy, as by then Harry will have a little more to be contending with!!

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 17:09   #7
Tonks
Unspeakable

This topic is one of my 'undecided's, as I can see the reasoning behind all of the guys making Head Boy, especially Harry, Ron and Neville.

We see in OotP that Dumbledore feels a bit guilty for naming Ron as Prefect ahead of Harry. To make up for this, it is perfectly possible that he will name Harry Head Boy. After all, James was Head Boy and he wasn't a Prefect either.

Still, I can understand that he might still think that Harry has way too much going on, especially now that Voldemort is completely back and everyone now knows it, to have the time to devote to Head Boy duties (much like in OotP with Prefect duties). So, again much like OotP, he may name Ron as Head Boy. However, I do find this a bit doubtful, as Ron didn't appear to be too great of a Prefect - something that Dumbledore most likely knows!

Now for Neville. There have been rumors flying around everywhere that once he gets a new wand, he will be a much better wizard. I think that Neville has definitely improved and shows some promise in the future - but for Head Boy? That i'm not sure of.

JKR likes to throw us loops. Maybe, just maybe, she won't pick either of these three characters to be the Head Boy in book 7. For all we know, she may pick Seamus, Dean, or even Ernie Macmillan of Hufflepuff! That would definitely reduce the amount of potential tension that could occur between Harry and Ron if one gets the Head Boy position over the other.

Basically, after typing all this, I'm now leaning towards Harry. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 23:06   #8
Sorting Hat
Lurkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonks
We see in OotP that Dumbledore feels a bit guilty for naming Ron as Prefect ahead of Harry. To make up for this, it is perfectly possible that he will name Harry Head Boy. After all, James was Head Boy and he wasn't a Prefect either.

Also, JKR uses a great deal of foreshadowing and often shows the past repeating itself in general outline if not in detail (James as Quidditch star and Harry as Quidditch star, James vs Snape and Harry vs Draco, Dumbledore vs Grindelwald and Harry vs Voldemort, the Marauders and the Trio, etc.). If I had to bet I would say that James as Head Boy without previously being prefect foreshadows Harry as Headboy without previously being prefect.

Then again, JKR does like surprises. And I'm not a betting man, anyway.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:30   #9
Madam Rosmerta
TFH Graduate

I think it would be most entertaining if it was Draco! That would mean he and Hermione (Head Girl) would have to work closely together. She is all for House harmony, and would feel she had to win him over to the good side, but could she succeed? Maybe Draco would play along, and then use her trust to get crucial info for the Death Eaters!
Madam Rosmerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:14   #10
Tinkerbell
Graduating

After reading Madame Rosmerta's post, it reminded me of Percy's letter to Ron in OotP when he wrote:

- a student who shows himself willing to help Professor Umbridge now may be very well-placed for Head Boyship in a couple of years!

Now Draco was part of the Inquisitorial Squad, so although Umbridge is apparently out of the picture at the moment (you never know if she will come back in one of the next books!) possibly this is a hint at who will be Head Boy in Harry's final year. Think it would certainly put the cat among the pigeons, or should I say the Kneazle among the canaries!!

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote